SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,366 Posts
Discussion
Dynam usb simulator controller problems

I have a Dynam usb simulator controller (xheli special) that I'm having problems with and was wondering if anyone else ran into these problems and how they might have fixed it. This is happening when flying on a simulator, and it's every sim, not just one, and multiple computers.

The problem I have is there seem to be false controls being sent to the computer that I am definitely not doing myself. The problem seems to come and go at regular intervals. This problem started with the yaw (or rudder), and now has switched to a left aileron movement. This aileron movement has been consistently a pain in the butt.

I'll be flying around, and all of a sudden my aircraft wants to pull itself 90 degrees left aileron. I have to constantly correct for this.. and like I said it seems to be regular intervals that it does this at. I can't learn anything this way.

Maybe the processor in the controller is bad, maybe it's the potentiometers? Has anyone else ran into this problem? I really want to buy a DX5e for sim'ing, but for now I would like to fix this one.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,366 Posts
Nobody has this same problem? I can't figure it out still.

Something new however is, when I notice it acting up a lot, I'll take the stick and jam it around a lot somewhat violently. (Guess how I discovered this? Certainly not by my calm attitude at the time!). And this seems to fix the problem temporarily, which is more irritating than it not working in the first place because the problem always comes back. So I'm guessing it's bad/cheap potentiometers, I still don't know for sure. BTW I didn't start abusing this controller until it abused me, so that's not the reason why. But maybe while learning tick-tocks I was too hard... maybe. P.O.S.

I guess ya get what you pay for $13.00 later.

I've had similar problems with video game controllers (ps3 and xbox) in the past, my guy in a 3rd person shooter would start walking backwards when the game started... so I would jam the stick up then down relatively hard and it would fix the problem. My theory at the time was that before these problems my friends and I must have played way too much Tiger Woods!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
I guess ya get what you pay for $13.00 later.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1696214
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Huh...? I don't get your point. What you posted is a link to a discussion about pirated software sold on site like ebay. Which I as well don't agree with.

My problem has nothing to do with pirated software. I bought this controller from xheli, and I use it for FMS and HelisimRC. Both FREE programs.

Don't judge man... especially not before you know the story.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I must have misunderstood your use of the phrase "every sim."
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,366 Posts
Quote: