SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:54 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckostac View Post
Huskerfreak, I guess you'd be the guy to ask... Are there any plans for production of a set of floats for this plane? If not, can anyone recommend a set? I'll probably just make my own, but more and more lately I'm just as happy buying pre-built stuff instead of trying re-invent the wheel. Thanks, Chris
I would not have the answer on that but Jason M. would. I know that I have heard of some using the super cub but they may be a bit large. Let me do some research and see if I can come up with for a answer but for the time being we do not have any. I will find out what Ares plans are.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:00 AM
United States, WI, Ashland
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
Thanks I'd appreciate that. I was thinking about the SC floats too, but had the same concern, that they might be a little too big.
ckostac is offline Find More Posts by ckostac
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,877 Posts
What I thought was ESC failure was actually the fault of the Tamiya connectors on my original Gamma 370 not connecting properly. I wonder how many others could have suffered from the same issue? If I had to choose one thing bad a bout the Gamma 370, original and Pro it would have to be those damn Tamiya connectors. I have solved the issue on mine and find that both of my Ares Gamma 370's are great, high quality machines. You would expect that from a company started by Gil Losi Jr.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:30 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Battery and charger question:
Hey guys, a buddy of mine has taught himself how to fly on the Gamma. He doesn't have any other planes and will not have the need for a garage full of lipos like some of us here :-) but he would like to buy a charger and a couple more batteries. I told him about hobbycity but honestly it has been so long since I have needed to buy a battery or charger that I really don't know what all is out there. He doesn't want to spend a lot of money but he would like a charger that he doesn't have to wait for hours to charge! Can anyone provide a link to a charger and lipo that he could get for his Gamma? Thanks so much.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:58 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Battery and charger question:
Hey guys, a buddy of mine has taught himself how to fly on the Gamma. He doesn't have any other planes and will not have the need for a garage full of lipos like some of us here :-) but he would like to buy a charger and a couple more batteries. I told him about hobbycity but honestly it has been so long since I have needed to buy a battery or charger that I really don't know what all is out there. He doesn't want to spend a lot of money but he would like a charger that he doesn't have to wait for hours to charge! Can anyone provide a link to a charger and lipo that he could get for his Gamma? Thanks so much.
I have this one. Good bang for buck.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
From there he can find some decent lipos at a good value.
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:27 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
thanks !
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, WI, Ashland
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
I have this one. Good bang for buck.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
From there he can find some decent lipos at a good value.
Ha! I just ordered that one this weekend along with a 3s lipo. I saw somewhere much further back in this thread that you had recommended it. Sounds like your pretty happy with it. I looked at several for about the same price, but finally decided on that one. Hopefully I'll have them by the weekend. I can't wait to see what this thing can do on 3s. I've done the brushless upgrade, aileron wing, built skis and a drop mechanism which I've used to carry and drop 2 parachutes at a time with. Tonight I kinda went backwards and put on the original wing back on and took a video while flying nice and slow. Best video yet! I've got around 20+ flights on it now and love it. Someday, rather than adding flaps, I was thinking I might just add a second servo to control each aileron independently, and try running them as flaperons. Don't really need them, but thought it might be fun to try.
ckostac is offline Find More Posts by ckostac
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:11 PM
Joined Sep 2008
148 Posts
This is a great video this is what makes this hobby great especially when kids are involved and it's at school!

MESArcFF - Gamma DogFight - JUST 4 FUN (5 min 8 sec)
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:18 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
can you use 3 cells on the stock pro set up or are you guys putting your own guts in it for 3 cells?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Any idea what I should ask for my Gamma with aileron wing, brushless system, stock radio, and am extra battery?

It taught me how to fly but I'm ready too be on to smaller/better things like an EDGE 540QQ.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:21 AM
UMX Radian/Formosa/370Pro/DX6i
United States, WA, La Conner
Joined Jan 2013
230 Posts
So can you actually buy the Gamma 370 Pro RFR? All the stores I look at, that sell online, do not list it! Chris
snoking is offline Find More Posts by snoking
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,877 Posts
The Gamma 370 Pro ONLY comes in a receiver ready package for $99.00. There is no RTF for the Gamma Pro.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:36 AM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoking View Post
So can you actually buy the Gamma 370 Pro RFR? All the stores I look at, that sell online, do not list it! Chris
Most don't list it, but a search on their site for "Ares Gamma" turn up a parts list. It is listed there on some stores. Had to get mine from IL.
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,877 Posts
I had to order mine as well. None of the Hobby Town stores in a 50 mile radius from me had them in stock.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Sep 2008
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoking View Post
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/Gamma-370-Pro-RFR/

The link above should get you to the Tuscon store that has them in stock and available online. If the Gilbert or Scottsdale stores are closer to you I can arrange for them to get one ordered up for you. I know that Scottsdale normally stocks them. I do not know why it is not showing up on there store location.