SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
I am so jazzed right now, Hobby Town just called and my Ares Gamma Pro is in. I will have to wait until tomorrow, but I will have it ready for its maiden flight on Saturday morning.!!
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I am so jazzed right now, Hobby Town just called and my Ares Gamma Pro is in. I will have to wait until tomorrow, but I will have it ready for its maiden flight on Saturday morning.!!
I believe Hobby Town USA has a $5 delivery fee. Not sure if that applies to big box stuff like planes.
You might be able to save some bucks on gas.
Of course, you won't get it until next week (if you're lucky).
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:15 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
948 Posts
Thats what they charged for my Gamma 370. Took five days from Chicago and I live just across the Ohio river from Illinois,

gb
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
Nah, I go pick it up. The store is about 8 miles from my house. Besides, they will give me 10% off of the price so I will actually get it for $98.00 with tax as opposed to $108.00. It's a great store.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
I maidened my Gamma 370 Pro this morning.................WOW, what a flier. She exceeded my expectations. I am passing my original down to my brother so he can see how great a plane the Gamma 370 is. Add the Pro version and Ares and Hobby Town just may have the HZ Super Cub killer after all.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3,013 Posts
Chuck, I knew you'd like it!
The Gamma is a great plane. Never flew the Super Cub, but I've heard it's a real good plane but not something you can grow with.
The Gamma has taught me how to do many of the pattern aerobatics that I wish to learn. Short of knife edge loops and things like that, I owe a lot to the Gamma for the success that I have as an RC Pilot.
The E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub and the HK P-51 are my other planes that have taught me well.
All of my planes have taught me something. Some more than others but the ones I've crashed the least are the ones I've learned the most.
The Gamma is at the top of that list.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the HZ Super Cub is a great plane as well and I still love mine. But, at that price point, $99.99 (I got 10% off) the plane is a super value for a 4 channel trainer.The guys at the field expressed interest too when they saw the ailerons. The couldn't believe the price. You get a great plane with all the goodies for about the price of a Parkzone micro!!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
672 Posts
I hope everyone has a great Christmas and happy new year of flying crash free!
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Santa got me a DX6i today!

Now to get a receiver and training cable so I can try and teach my Dad how to fly...
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Electrical issues

I got this over Christmas and have already replaced the ESC and now I am loosing the receiver. Any one else having these issues? Is this a warranty item?
Kent3230 is offline Find More Posts by Kent3230
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent3230 View Post
I got this over Christmas and have already replaced the ESC and now I am loosing the receiver. Any one else having these issues? Is this a warranty item?
Most definately a warranty issue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
That's why I usually opt for the RFR version of planes. I have not had any issues with the ESC on my original Gamma 370 with the exception of the problem I had with the crappy molex type plug on the ESC and battery. It may not be the ESC it could be the connector as the stock molex connector is pretty bad. I replaced mine with EC2 connectors and she has been fine ever since.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
BTW - My Ares Gamma Pro is now one of my favorite planes to fly. I absolutely love the thing. It is one of those planes that if I destroyed it, I wold immediately buy another one; my PZ T-28 Trojan is the other plane I feel like this about. I love banking my Gamma 370 Pro and I did a nice knife edge with it yesterday as well as an Immelman turn and a 4 loop series!! The brushless system and aileron wing absolutely bring the Gamma 370 to life. You guys sitting on the fence about his plane should dive right in and get one. This is one unbelievable plane at an equally unbelieveable price!!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:51 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,013 Posts
Chuck,
What is the stock prop setup on the Pro?
Those thin GWS props flattened and howled at high revs.

Btw. The mod I did for the landing gear works great. No more bouncy landings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:14 AM
United States, IL, West Dundee
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm contemplating the RFR version of the Gamma 370 Pro, and I'd be putting in one of the three receivers that are coming with my Dx7s. Will this be "plug 'n play", or will I have to do some soldering? TIA.
EPP Destroyer is offline Find More Posts by EPP Destroyer