HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
If you feel adventurous, you can try to make an aileron wing out of the Stock wing.
Check out page 13.
You'll need 2 servos, Y extension cord.
Or you can go all the way and make flaps.
It's all layed out for you on the stock wing. Takes about an hour.
I wish I hadn't thought the aileron wing would always be available. The stock wing is already assembled so cutting the wing with dihedral is going to complicate things but I'll give it a shot. I have everything but hinges so I'll try glue hinges. I don't know about EPO foam but they work really well on EPP.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
I just hit my local HTU in Winchester.
They had everything I needed.
I'm looking forward to putting her together.
great bud...i use to live about an 40 mins from winchester in wv...nice area .. glad ya got the items ya needed...I checked our inventory for ya today and we are waiting on an order ...hope it comes in soon....we sell alot of these gammas i set another one up today with a spektrum radio and rcvr.... DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I wish I hadn't thought the aileron wing would always be available. The stock wing is already assembled so cutting the wing with dihedral is going to complicate things but I'll give it a shot. I have everything but hinges so I'll try glue hinges. I don't know about EPO foam but they work really well on EPP.
its really easy to work with ben...nice upgrade...epo is actually better than epp for doing things like this with....DJ
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
159 Posts
The Gamma pros are on the water and should arrive the end of this month. The aileron wing should be any day now. Truthfully I thought I would have received it at the warehouse yesterday. I do think that they should be to the stores by end of this week.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Hey guys...got a customer who seriously nosed in his gamma and bent the motor shaft on the brushless setup....is there a replacement shaft available yet...... tks... DJ
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,961 Posts
Haven't seen one fort hat motor.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
Hello everyone,

The Gamma 370 Pro will be up on our web site later this week. Also, please note that availability of the aileron wings has not been impacted by the Pro but rather due to higher than expected demand. More stock will be available any day now and we'll continue working to ensure they're always in stock in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
Hey guys...got a customer who seriously nosed in his gamma and bent the motor shaft on the brushless setup....is there a replacement shaft available yet...... tks... DJ
Replacement shafts for the 370 brushless motor will be available soon (item # AZS1229S) and are on the way with the Gamma 370 Pro airplanes now. Hopefully they'll be available in stores late this month, and please note that the threaded portion of the shaft is now longer so the prop and rubber spinner fit just like they do on the shaft for the gearbox (this is also the case for the shafts of the motors installed in all Pro airplanes and future shipments of upgrade/spare part motors).
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Hey Jason, tks for the info ...great job yall are doin with the new products...

I hope Gamma is planning on doin a low wing next....its definatey needed ! as a next step plane for their gamma trainer users,,,,again tks DJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
What batteries are people using in their Gamma?

I'd like some suggestions, to narrow down my search.

It's my first plane and I've been having fun. But, I did crack the gearbox/motor mount and drove the shaft into the bearing, damaging the bearing. It doesn't appear that the gearbox/motor mount is available for purchase. I'm going to check some bearing supply houses and try and find a replacement bearing.
Poke it wAstick is offline Find More Posts by Poke it wAstick
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:50 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Should I buy the Gamma 370 pro or the super cub? I want to eventually upgrade. I just want to be able to fly really really high and far. I know the super cub is bigger so it should be able to hand more wind correct?
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Should I buy the Gamma 370 pro or the super cub? I want to eventually upgrade. I just want to be able to fly really really high and far. I know the super cub is bigger so it should be able to hand more wind correct?
IMO, for the Money, when it comes out, the $100 Gamma Pro can't be beat.
It's standard setup will include the brushless motor and Aireron wing, you can set that up for beginner by going 2s on the battery and not setting up/plugging in aileron servo: just go 3 channel (Plug Rudder servo into aileron slot on Rx).
When you're ready for the next experience level, meaning more speed and ailerons, you're all set to go!
2s batteries on the brushless is tame.
3s batteries on the brushless is FUN!
Flying in wind is a matter of practice.
The Gamma does fine so long you use common sense and always know which way the wind is blowing.
How far and how high you get it is up to you and your Tx/Rx combination.
I've lost contact briefly but that was due to low power on the Tx.
I've never lost contact high over head but then, it's hard on the neck looking up for long periods.
The one down side is the crappy Tamiya connectors.
You will want to change those out to something else.
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChinoDiablo; Nov 07, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
In my experience with teaching people to fly...been flyn 45 yrs plus...a 4 channel setup tends to lend to a more successful learning curve than a 3 chnl...but thats me and my thoughts...I also do not agree with putting the rudder control on the right stick...this also makes learning to fly 4 chnl later harder....but again my thoughts ...we all have different approaches and I for one wont argue the virtues tween 3/4 chnl setups...not to ferverently anyhow .... DJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Quote:
IMO, for the Money, when it comes out, the $100 Gamma Pro can't be beat.
It's standard setup will include the brushless motor and Aireron wing, you can set that up for beginner by going 2s on the battery and not setting up/plugging in aileron servo: just go 3 channel (Plug Rudder servo into aileron slot on Rx).
When you're ready for the next experience level, meaning more speed and ailerons, you're all set to go!
2s batteries on the brushless is tame.
3s batteries on the brushless is FUN!
Flying in wind is a matter of practice.
The Gamma does fine so long you use common sense and always know which way the wind is blowing.
How far and how high you get it is up to you and your Tx/Rx combination.
I've lost contact briefly but that was due to low power on the Tx.
I've never lost contact high over head but then, it's hard on the neck looking up for long periods.
The one down side is the crappy Tamiya connectors.
You will want to change those out to something else.
Thank you for the opinion, but I decided to go with the T-28.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke it wAstick View Post
What batteries are people using in their Gamma?

I'd like some suggestions, to narrow down my search.

It's my first plane and I've been having fun. But, I did crack the gearbox/motor mount and drove the shaft into the bearing, damaging the bearing. It doesn't appear that the gearbox/motor mount is available for purchase. I'm going to check some bearing supply houses and try and find a replacement bearing.
the stock battery is fine... the gearbox and motor mount are available.... the gearbox shaft with gear is part# azs1212 ,,,, i can remember the other part# at the moment.. DJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Thank you for the opinion, but I decided to go with the T-28.
so u got a war bird as a first plane ???? and wanting to go high and far...sounds like u needed a glider and alot more knowledge and assistance from the right sources