HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:01 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Duke: You gotta PM me with your address to get your ESC if you still want it.
Ok, I just pm you with the address, I originally just hit the reply button, but I guess that didn't work :-)
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:14 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Dukeboy:
I have an ESC for the brushed motor up for grabs if you want it. Complete. used only 14 times.
No charge except for shipping.
I can't believe shipping and envelope will be more than $3.95.
I just wanted to let you know that I got the esc today, thank you very much. I will be sending payment tomorrow. I hope this is the answer to my problems. I would love to try out my aileron setup on this plane some day.i will keep you posted on how it goes. It might be a few days though. I am consumed with my super cub at the moment. I finished the brushless set up and I put led strip lights on it and it flys great. I can't keep my 3 cells charged fast enough. And boy is it fast. I also got the micro spit with as3x yesterday, so I have a lot on my plate. I still haven't even looked at the extent of the damage from my last brown out crash with the gamma.i need some time off from work. Ya that's the answer:-)
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:28 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I can't keep my 3 cells charged fast enough.
If you have real charger, you should try parallel charging.
6 at one time!
Congrats on all the new planes!
I've been looking at the Spitfire from afar.
I'm debating if I really "Need" another plane.
However, my micro T-28 is dead in the water in need of a new brick.
I've put $50+ in repairs into a plane that costs $100. and it still doesn't work.
I'll be anxious to hear how your Spit flies.
Good luck with the repairs..
-Patrick
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:44 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
If you have real charger, you should try parallel charging.
6 at one time!
Congrats on all the new planes!
I've been looking at the Spitfire from afar.
I'm debating if I really "Need" another plane.
However, my micro T-28 is dead in the water in need of a new brick.
I've put $50+ in repairs into a plane that costs $100. and it still doesn't work.
I'll be anxious to hear how your Spit flies.
Good luck with the repairs..
-Patrick
It flies nice, it's just my 5 th micro and I'm ready to move on. I love flying the bigger faster planes. I'm going to fly the spit in a little wind later and see how it does. That is why I got it so I can fly on my lunch break. It's always a little windy here during the day. I have a extra t-28 with no electronics, brand new that I got for next to nothing. I'm going to go brushless on it.we have a big Rc show next week here in Cleveland so hopefully I can get enough info and parts there to do it. It should be a blast to fly. There is a guy on YouTube that did it and he is flying it right in his front yard and it looks awesome! Plane takes off like a rocket. There is also a thread on here for the spit with quit a few reviews, I will be posting on there later tonight on the windy conditions flight. Thanks again for the esc!
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:57 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Hey yall...got a customers gamma 370 here in the shop (hobbytown usa) asheville nc...thats been crashed numerous times...ive got it rebuilt now but to me its tail heavy and i cant find anything in print as to what the proper cg is....can someone pls tell what their cg on a brushed uncrashed gamma is ....tks DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,463 Posts
I never had the need to check the CG on the Gamma as it was spot on with the battery installed and will only climb if given full throttle or use up elevator. At 1/2 throttle mine flies level and straight hands off. I think the CG is stated in the manual that can be downloaded from either the Ares website or from HobbyTown.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
TKS...manual doesnt show cg unfortunately..unless i totally missed it...im seeing alot of these trainers showing up without any mention of cg in the manuals...once you have repaired or upgraded these planes you need to set the cg again.....ill just work with 33% of the wingcord as being close to where it should be...
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
The CG is the forward wood spar on the wing
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak View Post
The CG is the forward wood spar on the wing
Tks much...thats where approx 33% of the wing cord is...again tks...being here at hobbytown i think we should know this stuff right off, since it is our product line .... DJ
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,463 Posts
Hey, are all Hobby Town's supposed to carry the Ares line? Mine out here in San Marcos, CA doesn't carry any of the Ares stuff. I have to drive 40 miles to Temecula, CA to buy parts for my Gamma 370. The San Marcos HobbyTown is a scant 8 miles from my house.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
It is a individual owners choice to carry it or not....but your local store should get what ever parts your needing ....they should carry it ....its a great entry level trainer for the money..we are averaging 1-2 a day being sold when we have them in stock...happy flyn... DJ
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,463 Posts
I know my Hobby Town sells a lot of the HZ Firebird Stratos planes, how well does it compete against those at your store since the RTF price is pretty much the same?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Hey, are all Hobby Town's supposed to carry the Ares line? Mine out here in San Marcos, CA doesn't carry any of the Ares stuff. I have to drive 40 miles to Temecula, CA to buy parts for my Gamma 370. The San Marcos HobbyTown is a scant 8 miles from my house.

Just so you know they can special order any item that you need. I will give them a call and see why and what we can do to change that.

Just the regulars here on this thread knows. I am in charge of getting items in all the HobbyTown stores for the Firelands group which is the company that sells makes the Ares brand items.

If
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,463 Posts
That would be nice. I may want to upgrade mine to the aileron wing and brushless in the very near future, but always balk at traveling almost 40 miles to get the parts. I really love the Gamma 370. It's the first plane I fly at the field on the weekends.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I know my Hobby Town sells a lot of the HZ Firebird Stratos planes, how well does it compete against those at your store since the RTF price is pretty much the same?
The Firebird is ok for what it is. To me its more of a non serious rc flyers plane. But it does fly good...I personally think the gamma is way better of a choice...its a more realistic rc plane...nice upgrade options...with ailerons and the brushless setup its a hot flyer...one thing I would like to see for it is a set of floats, Ive had several customers ask for that already....happy flyn... DJ