HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,569 Posts
thanks, they are very light. I tried with the thicker plastic ones at first and i couldn't cut them without cracking etc...using scissors

So i dug into the drawer and found 2 of the thinner/flexible kind. You'll know the difference!

Mail man just stopped by with the Free servo from HH wow that was fast!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,771 Posts
Great thinking, EC!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,569 Posts
thanks Pug!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:30 PM
Stress Be Gone
GBR2's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,410 Posts
For those that don't mind the red color of the Stryker servo covers, Part # PKZU2253
GBR2 is online now Find More Posts by GBR2
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:51 PM
Registered User
Kannapolis, NC
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Thanks man! i had 2 more flights today to test the rudder. Which is 16 now. It was my own doing, i think the stock LG should hold up. But be very carefull when bending it to straighen up the nose wheel. Needle nose pliers may be best!


Just a after my 2 flights today i headed to the local Speaciality Electronics store. Was going to try The Source, But they have gone to crap down this way! Much better when they were radio shack!

I ended up getting the only thing they carry which is called Clean and Lube by DEX Canada. As i was walking out of the shop, i was reading the back and it said...good on most plastics.. haha!!

So i got home and tested on the side of the servo first..."great it works"!!...So i sprayed the rudd and took the Ail part again.

Man those screws are small. So i scrubbed the 2 pads with a Q-Tip, noticed on the end where i have the jitter, the silver track was pretty dirty! i managed to get 98% of the mark off. I also noticed the little eyelash's I guess thats what you call them?
The one on the far right was bent in quite a bit and was Prob not making contact!
So i bent it back out like the others

Put it all back together and fired her up...Perfect!!I cycled the rudd for a few mins, and it never frozze once. and no more jitter on the AIL. So I'm Happy

Also made a new Nose LG this time with the stiffer wire. I like it more then the softer wire.

So im super stoked that all is in order.

Shame its on a Brand new 200 dollar UMX, but hey thats what i like about the hobby. You alway learn something new!
Also buying from a company that you know, if theres something wrong they well take care of you also!

Heres a Few Pictures
What size paper clips ? Jumbo or Small Regular
dtacmed is offline Find More Posts by dtacmed
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,762 Posts
WOW Easter!! Everything looks great! I really like your nose gear! And smart with the plastic spoons!! Looks very sleek!

Finally got the guts to fly her in front of the house, video uploading as I type, only 88 more mins to go!!

Ok, I did run into a bush 1ft off the ground, total pilot error! I lacked airspeed coming out of a turn. So into the bush she went. A piece of the left side of the air intake broke off, crack in the right wing tip and crack in the right horizontal stabilizer and right ELE. Nothing a little Medium CA, Kicker & a red Sharpe couldn't fix.

Next flight all flew GREAT!! Performance was NOT affected!! And you think I would learn to have patience & WAIT 'til I get to my park but I can NEVER help it, I fly ALL my micros in front of the house, I was hesitant with the MiG but no drama, she handled fine, up until the bush reached out and grabbed her......
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Hi, Just had my maiden flight with the Mig 15......Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! A beautiful flyer!!!! Very pleased with this little edf. I did 3 flight without a scratch on it. Perfect landings also. Have no negative comments.Just wish I they made a lipo to last all day A very excellent product from E-flite. Thank you
boolis is offline Find More Posts by boolis
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:01 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,734 Posts
Binding and the Mig

Well, second flight session is over and the Mig continues to be a BLAST to fly. I did, however, struggle with the plane re-binding on start up. Tried it with the Tx Close, 5 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet away, different angles, all with no luck. Ended up getting it to re-bind (as in had to put it into bind mode and mess around re-binding to the same model in my DX8) and flew it once.

Next battery same issues till I had the plane in my hand, Tx sitting on the bround. Re-linked instantly. 4 more flights, four more instant links, but always while holding the plane at chest level well ABOVE the Tx.

Thinking about calling HH just to see what is up. Might be the Rx antenna being in an odd spot, but I had to rip open the plane in case I need to send it back to the shop. (Don't want to void the warranty.)

Anyone else notice this?

Will give it another try tonight see if the issues .. and the easy fix ... persist. If they do I will likely cut the tape and have a look at the antenna placement.

While I have had NO issues in flight, I worry that if the antenna is placed funny it might loose signal.

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:42 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
.....you think I would learn to have patience & WAIT 'til I get to my park but I can NEVER help it, I fly ALL my micros in front of the house, I was hesitant with the MiG but no drama, she handled fine, up until the bush reached out and grabbed her......
LOL

You have the sickness, well and true!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:08 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
If they do I will likely cut the tape and have a look at the antenna placement.

While I have had NO issues in flight, I worry that if the antenna is placed funny it might loose signal.

Marlin
it could be glued under the board,theres alot of that glue around my board and even had a bit of it on the wire .i just picked it off...carefully

all u have to do is remove the top canopy. its held with double sided tape.
i started on the back where the pushrods exit. i used my broken nose gear, a paper clip bent at a 90 would work also and worked my way around.

then u have full access to the board
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:27 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacmed View Post
What size paper clips ? Jumbo or Small Regular
i used the reg size ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
WOW Easter!! Everything looks great! I really like your nose gear! And smart with the plastic spoons!! Looks very sleek!

Finally got the guts to fly her in front of the house, video uploading as I type, only 88 more mins to go!!

Ok, I did run into a bush 1ft off the ground, total pilot error! I lacked airspeed coming out of a turn. So into the bush she went. A piece of the left side of the air intake broke off, crack in the right wing tip and crack in the right horizontal stabilizer and right ELE. Nothing a little Medium CA, Kicker & a red Sharpe couldn't fix.

Next flight all flew GREAT!! Performance was NOT affected!! And you think I would learn to have patience & WAIT 'til I get to my park but I can NEVER help it, I fly ALL my micros in front of the house, I was hesitant with the MiG but no drama, she handled fine, up until the bush reached out and grabbed her......
awesome man looking forward to see the video. ive put mine in some tail grass a few times. not a dent anywhere. the ca on the intake hardened it up great. the tape on the LE helps to
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Finally got the guts to fly her in front of the house, video uploading as I type, only 88 more mins to go!!

......
just watched ...very cool coco!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Waterloo
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
So I've been looking for some extra batteries to run the mig with, and I've got my eye on some Zippy Flightmax 350mah batts from HobbyKing: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9028

The spec sheet says they're 40x15x20 (mm), and I just got my calipers out and measured the battery bay in the mig and it looks to be 14mm wide, do you think I could cram one of these suckers in there? I'm mostly interested because they're dirt cheap, in stock and available from the US warehouse.

Any thoughts?
PawnBoy is offline Find More Posts by PawnBoy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:16 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnBoy View Post
So I've been looking for some extra batteries to run the mig with, and I've got my eye on some Zippy Flightmax 350mah batts from HobbyKing: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9028

The spec sheet says they're 40x15x20 (mm), and I just got my calipers out and measured the battery bay in the mig and it looks to be 14mm wide, do you think I could cram one of these suckers in there? I'm mostly interested because they're dirt cheap, in stock and available from the US warehouse.

Any thoughts?
Not a direct answer to you question but just a related experience. Like someone else has posted, I actually favour going LIGHTER rather than heavier with this plane. I have a couple STOCK Eflite 200's and it flies darn well on those. I put in a Hyperion 240 (home made) which is light for a 240 but still heavier, and I noticed the weight in terms of performance. Went with some 180 mah lipos (Hyperion and Nanotech) and actually think the performance is BEST with those. Flight times of 3 mins still, without hitting LVC. Not really a noticeable drop in performance. (I am not WOT all the time, but fly it pretty hard.)

Just a different direction ... I was going to go with bigger lipos, but I think lighter high quality is the way to go, at least for my tastes, as I like the increased Vertical performance, little more speed, etc.

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Zippy's are too fat for the lipo compartment(already tried) and are pretty heavy. Go the nanotech 300's instead.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-flite UMX MiG 15 DF SNEAK PEEK! D PAYNE Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 2259 Nov 17, 2014 06:21 PM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 18486 Nov 14, 2014 12:29 PM
Discussion Hobbyking Lancaster official owners thread Tartago Electric Warbirds 979 Aug 10, 2014 12:58 PM
Discussion UMX Mig-15 DF Mod Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 1132 Aug 01, 2014 05:30 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre 15 DF NIB! blue7.62 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 05, 2012 02:35 PM