Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire22 View Post
Thanks Joel,
To order, do I just message RcBabble?
Yup. Just shoot him a PM. Excellent workmanship & excellent customer service from a guy who is passionate about the hobby, and is a real stickler when it comes to quality and performance!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeneration View Post
Nice job on the new nose wheel eastcoast!
But isn't the paper clip metal very soft? surely it will fold on you the first landing?
cheers simon
Im hoping the coil i added with help to take the hard landings....wait!! hard landings?
Me? na never !!

there are 2 types of paper clips, the ones that are stiffer have those little lines scribed on them. yes they are stiffer, but after you make one bend it better be right. bent it back to much etc and it well snap!

so i went with the other kind that is covered with plastic. stripped if off and have at her!( thats what she said!) hehe
I may make one from the stiffer wire tonight, now i that i know where to bend. quite easy to follow the stock gears bends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Heck the original gear is folding on any bad landings! (and with 48th flights, let say I had a few...) At least, with a paper clip, you will be able to re-shape it many times. I don't think those original landing gears will last long for anybody!

His nose wheel look so good, I thik Eastcoast should start production!
ha thanks RG,im going to test thepavement tonight i think. I ran 3 more today atthe field. But on the on the third flight, i plugged a dead batt in my mistake and it went into bind mode. dead that it look a little charge on NImh setting @ .01Ato bring it back over 3v per cell.
I plugged it in and the LED started to blink as normal, then slowly faded away to off.
plugged a fresh batt in and it was in bind mode still(with TX on).
rebooted everything a few times and no way. so rebound her and headed home. Got home and topped up the batts, installed the LG. Once of the club members noticed when in a banking turn the nose would want to point skyward. Adverse Yaw!! I guess the Differential is not enough. So i added a mix little mix of Ail->rudd to keep the nose down .
So while i was testing that on the table, the Rudd starting to frezze up here and there. Give the Horn a little nudge and it would come back to life...sometimes.
I did noticed at stock settings per manual 100% EPA and rates at70 and 100.
the rudder control rod and sleeve would bend up quite abit when giving full left.

So i moved the z bend to the outer hole, and knocked down the rates to 50% high and low. I think the stock settings are a bit to much on the rudder. howmine was set up!
Another option is to heat up the shrink tubing and slide the z bend closer to fuse, but i didn't want to get into that this evening.

So rudd seams fine now like this. nose Lg looks good. Fly i shaw!!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:57 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,627 Posts
off pavement is awesome. it was a bit old and bumpy though, hit a small divit and bent back the home brew Nose gear. bent back in shape no Problem.
have a blast with the mig and Geebee. Uploading another with us flying in formation.
Well trying to anyways
Got the canopy of now, trying to figure out whats causing my Rudd servo to freeze up.
going to clean the tracks with some alcohol. All wires etc seem to be in good order!
UMX Mig 15 and GeeBee parking lot fun (4 min 44 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:04 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
eastcoast - rotate the rudder servo's gear using your finger very slowly. See if at any point you feel a grainy or sticky/notchy point. See if you feel a tight spot at any time.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:18 AM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Sep 2011
132 Posts
Had no idea this was going to be such a beautiful plane. Has everyone else out there ran tape along any surfaces to protect her. Does it add to much weight or throw off CG to much?
CnadianFF is offline Find More Posts by CnadianFF
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:07 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
eastcoast - rotate the rudder servo's gear using your finger very slowly. See if at any point you feel a grainy or sticky/notchy point. See if you feel a tight spot at any time.
K ill try that,
I just cleaned up the Aileron servo with some rubbing alcohol. working a bit better.

I also let 2 drops fall down in the rudd servo hopefully it well clean it up! If not ill take it apart also and clean the strip! It just seems to stick in the same spot if i move the rudd very slowly.

CnadianFF just look back a few pages ago, i posted pic's of where i applied tape.
i just used normal scotch tape on the entire belly, and on the LE's of the wings.

I never on the last 2'' of the tailthough. justnoticed a few scuff marks form the pavemnt this evening. So ill be adding tape there.

The weight of the tape well not throw the CG off, unless its duck tape
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:10 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,627 Posts
some formation flying with a Geebee

UMX Mig 15 and GeeBee formation flying (3 min 47 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,627 Posts
Quote:
I just tried and it feels the same as the rest of the servos. But i got a feeling its the cause. i just can't feel it. When it does lock up, when ever so slightly i touch the gear with my finger it frees up and moves freely again.

Maybe some white grease? which i dont have!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jul 16, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:30 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,797 Posts
Fader Lube all the servos, I had issues with my Cub until I sprayed all the servos. It will clean the contacts and also blow away any debris.

SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
mig 15 on its homeland

Maidened mig this saturday. Such a nice little df! Ive trimmed all control surfaces mechanically before maiden - so it flys perfectly straight. Some wires inside were out of place - gently fixed it with a long screwdriver. LG removed - runway on my field isnt smooth for this little baby. BTW charger works nice from 3s lipo - it might be useful on the field.

Greetings from russia

Paul
paul310 is offline Find More Posts by paul310
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:29 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,797 Posts
Nice one Paul
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:56 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Eastcost - you got the infamous burred gear tooth going on. You need a jewellers eyeglass to see the burr and use an exacto knife to scrape it off the gear.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:09 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
140 Posts
Okay, I have had the urge for a micro EDF for a while. I have somewhere close to 200 flights on a UM T-28 and thanks to NitroCharged and ChuckTseeker's reviews thought that maybe, just maybe I could fly it. Ordered the MIG and received it this weekend. Two problems. The bottom hinge of the rudder was detached and the tape in one side of it was loose. A piece of Blenderm tape cured this. Second, the adhesive star on the tail that holds the control wires in place was set too high and actually sticking to the wire as well as the housing. A minute with razor fixed this. Now to the maiden. Wow, what a great plane. Easy hand launch and very very stable and unbelievably fun. I am absolutely hooked and just realized that I will now have to spend as much or more on batteries then I spent on the plane.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:09 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,956 Posts
Quote:
Eastcost - you got the infamous burred gear tooth going on. You need a jewellers eyeglass to see the burr and use an exacto knife to scrape it off the gear.
My MiG had a sticky gear in an aileron servo. Felt like there was a burr, or a piece of grit -- but even with magnification I couldn't spot anything to clean out or scrape down.

I applied a tiny bit of DeoxIT, worked the gear with my finger a few more times, and went to bed.

The next morning, the stickiness was gone.

Dave

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member