HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
Heli & Warbird Fan
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Jun 2009
442 Posts
This MiG 15 is worth every cent!
A few minutes ago, I did one flight at 3 beaufort of crosswinds (gusts up to 4 bt).

The rudder was stabilized greatly by the AS3X.
Didīnt expect that. Wow!
-=RAGE=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RAGE=-
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:30 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Important information!!

I just finished inspecting one of the stock eflite 200mah lipo's to see what effect removing the lipo via the lead has had. The red wire fell off while I was handling it!!

I opened the lipo up and it has what I would class as a glaring error in the manufacture of it in that the leads connect to the tabs and come straight out the tab side. The safer method would have been to lead them out over the other side of the lipo end, allowing double sided tape to give added strength to the leads and avoiding fatiguing of the wire ends(where the solder ends). I rewired mine across the top and hot glued them in place. There is not much room for error near the tabs either and a good crash could see a nice smokey fizz from the lipo.

*** DO NOT PULL THE LIPO OUT OF THE MODEL USING THE LEAD!! ***

I know this will make things difficult but work out another way, like a wrap of fiberglass tape with a tail around the lead end of the lipo or some sponge foam on one wall side and have the lipo press fitted into the bay without the use of Velcro.

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:40 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I have about 8-9 flights on mine and all I can say is that this little plane is awesome! It flies quickly enought but not ballistic, the red and white in the air is awesome for visibility. It has a real"presence" in the air. I belly landed mine each time with no damage minus the guns coming loose on a little bit of a rough landing. My 4 year old son loves it but our flights got cut short last night by some wasps! Poor guy got stung 4 times at a local park.
Still wants to go flying but at another field!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:15 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
361 Posts
Mig now in stock in the UK at Totem Hobbies

http://www.totemhobbies.co.uk/produc...5-edf-bnf.aspx
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I just finished inspecting one of the stock eflite 200mah lipo's to see what effect removing the lipo via the lead has had. The red wire fell off while I was handling it!!

I opened the lipo up and it has what I would class as a glaring error in the manufacture of it in that the leads connect to the tabs and come straight out the tab side. The safer method would have been to lead them out over the other side of the lipo end, allowing double sided tape to give added strength to the leads and avoiding fatiguing of the wire ends(where the solder ends). I rewired mine across the top and hot glued them in place. There is not much room for error near the tabs either and a good crash could see a nice smokey fizz from the lipo.

I know this will make things difficult but work out another way, like a wrap of fiberglass tape with a tail around the lead end of the lipo or some sponge foam on one wall side and have the lipo press fitted into the bay without the use of Velcro.

Good day,
can you please provide some photos of that? I donīt have Mig yet and I canīt picture, what you mean.

Thanks awacs
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:28 AM
Beavercreek Ohio
Joined Oct 2009
102 Posts
Stoped by the local hobby store on Friday. They had just got some in, so I made an impulse buy. My wife had gotten me a gift certificate for our aniversary but I did not have it with me, so I had to leave the plane there until I brought the certificate back. On the way home, a strong thundestorm came through the area packing 80 mph winds. I was driving by an event at Wright Patterson just as the front hit. Several huge bouncy houses broke loose jumped the fence. One of which rolled over my car, cracking my windshield. After the storm passed, I went back to hobby shop, but they had left early because the power was out. Almost was enought to make me change my mind.

Anyway, I picked it up on Saturday and got one flight in before carting the generator around powering refrigerators. No problems with the flight at all. I thought/hoped it might be a little faster. I guess you cant expect too much speed from something this small running on a 200mah battery. This is my first micro plane other than the Vapor. I guess by comparison, it is a rocket ship.

Mine has one of the aileron servo leads behind the fan. I guess it is not worth worying about?

What are some good choices for batteries in the US? Local hobby shop has nothing. I have been buying GensAce batteries from Hobbypartz.com and they have been great, but they have nothing this small. If they did have something it would likely be around $5-6.

What is a good source of there connectors? I need to make up a charger lead. I like to be able to parrallel charge atlease three batteries.
Fstauble is offline Find More Posts by Fstauble
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

Thanks Nitrocharged! That's exactly what I've been doing. I'll look into an alternative, or maybe taping or otherwise securing the wires onto the battery so the stress isn't on the base of the wires. Those wires dangle out of the bottom of the plane anyways, so I'll be able to reduce that a bit, too.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
I just laid out the cash and ordered one!! I can't wait!

Has anyone tried a 300mah lipo yet? Are you getting the battery to fit inside?
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Yes and yes, personally no

Check a few pages back over here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22054834

Miniaviation seem the best ones at the time power/weight/flight time!
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
519 Posts
How about a piece of clear tape long enough to stick to both sides of the lipo plus a bit to form a small tab, just enough to grab.

500 posts, think i`ll celebrate by buying a mig.
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I just laid out the cash and ordered one!! I can't wait!

Has anyone tried a 300mah lipo yet? Are you getting the battery to fit inside?
Join the Jet set ... If you want to fly 5 mins+

MiniAviation 300 mAh, 30C, 2S1P UMX Style Li-Po Battery Packs

ChucKTseeker uses them in his UMX Mig 15 check his video out .

http://www.miniaviation.com/UMX_300.html

E-Flite UMX Mig-15 DF The Maiden Part Two (7 min 14 sec)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grife View Post
3 flights in the first 1/2 hour of ownership.

using stock batteries, I'll need upgrade batteries. I'd like to fly for about 5 minutes.

It flies very nicely

-DG
Hi Dave, hope to see it and you at the MidAm!

I have my name in for one at Prop Shop, guess I better call To see if they came in.

Denny
Dennis Sumner is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:27 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,943 Posts
Well i noticed the new Blade 130 comes with a eflite 300mah 35c pack but they are not available yet for seperate purchase but they might be another option after they become availaible in late july and 16.99 so not over priced for the states
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ID=EFLB3002S35
TheOne420 is online now Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:30 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
930 Posts
I'm here too....
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:36 AM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Lunch time flight today. 1st EDF I've ever had so still getting used to it but getting a bit more comfortable now.

E-flite Mig 15 (3 min 44 sec)
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi