SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
We had our maiden this morning and the whole time by Brother was flying he kept saying.. WOW, Wow, wow. We have a fleet of skyangel 50mm and this fly's as good if not better than any of them. Actually, much cooler in a lot of ways because NWS and rudder. (Video Soon)

Looked on HH and $24 per battery... .

Here's our video!

Friendly Hobbies: Horizon Hobby E-Flite UMX MiG 15 DF BNF Maiden Flight (2 min 43 sec)
ylerT is offline Find More Posts by ylerT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 02:31 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,870 Posts
I don't recall hearing any reports of how she stalls. I'm gonna maiden tomorrow, weather gods permitting, and as I've said before: Confuscious say, 'A wise man learns from his mistakes', I say, 'I'd rather learn from someone elses mistakes!'

I wonder how AS3x handles that. Guess I'll give the post-flight report tomorrow!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jul 01, 2012, 02:43 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
If you can throw it into a classic Mig stall - keep the video recording!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:44 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
He he - watch the gyro's try to fix a MiG stall!!

(I noted earlier 3.7v was given as a min lipo voltage. Any idea where that number came from??)
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:47 AM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
A few tardy things during assembly have been noticed on both the production models we inspected here. The main thing is the servo wires for the ailerons are sitting behind the fan instead of being tacked with tape against the fuse to keep the exit clear like the pre-production model.
I notice on Chucks unboxing vid that the wires are behind the fan too, anyone know if this affects performance at all?
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:20 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crashenburn View Post
I notice on Chucks unboxing vid that the wires are behind the fan too, anyone know if this affects performance at all?
I think wires in the exhaust flow is a bad thing.

You lucky guys who have yours already: Can you access the wires (to tack them to the sides) without opening the fuse?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:34 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis View Post
He he - watch the gyro's try to fix a MiG stall!!

(I noted earlier 3.7v was given as a min lipo voltage. Any idea where that number came from??)
3.7v is the rated nominal voltage of any lipo cell. nature gave us this number as it is the voltage generated when the electrons in the battery go from anode to cathode in a lithium polymer cell battery. Like it is 1.2 volts in a nickel-metal hydride cell battery.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:18 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,408 Posts
look whats just round the corner

http://www.miniaviation.com/news.html

looking forward to this little beauty sure will come in handy

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,870 Posts
Maidened this morning, and wow! And when the gusty winds picked up, it handled it like nothing. A couple of my landings were a little bouncy, but the AS3x made it hold it's pitch doring the bounce, rather than the nose shooting up and ensuing disaster.

I did try to stall it once. It stayed pretty straight for longer than I thought when slowing, but then the nose fell and it rolled off to one side. Pretty much went straight nose down and built up speed again.

Incredible little machine!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
I was going to fit out my related lipo's with UMX connectors but decided to just stick with the one style - micro deans. I made a UMX/Micro deans adapter for the Eflite lipo's.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
I was going to fit out my related lipo's with UMX connectors but decided to just stick with the one style - micro deans. I made a UMX/Micro deans adapter for the Eflite lipo's.
i quit using the micro deans. I lost 3 batteries to them because the one little prong that sticks out would get stuck under the balance lead wireand arc out. the first time i figured what a freak accident then after it happend 2 more times in less than a month i figured jst is fine for that small amperage.
i just soldered on a jst to my mig-15 and a jst plug and 2 cell balance lead on the battery so now all my batteries will work with ease and i dont have to worry about the proprietary connector and can also use my charger without any extra adapters

I used the T-Energy 200mah batt today and it seems to have a bit more power and had a strong 4 min flight with lots of loops and rolls it also seems a little lighter so maybe that is where the extra power came from. the t energy batt has the jst connector , balance lead and the stock eflite connector so you dont have to alter the mig 15 if you dont want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-7-4V...item5ae475ca22
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
The thunder powers lipos have this dimensions will they fit in the little mig ?
TP325-2SPP65J 325mAh 2-Cell/2S 7.4V 12C 65C 130C 3.9A 21.1A 42.2A 22 13 x 24 x 44 18AWG Wire w/JST Connector $16.99
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
A little bit of heatshrink over the back of the balance lead...?

I am sucking up to 16A in some of my micro jets so I need the chunky pins of the micro deans. They are also much shorter and so easier to tuck away than JST connectors for me too.

The TP packs are as wide as the battery compartment and protrude down a few millimetres at the front(where the fuse curves up). You'd have to squeeze the lead down along the side of the lipo or leave it dangling. It's a lot heavier too so she'll fly nose heavy. Other choice is - there is plenty of foam to carve into both on the side walls and the bottom of the tray so you can make the lipo sit inside the fuse.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:09 PM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,024 Posts
Just got mine this morning, can't wait to get it going, the finish on it is great
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:56 AM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
Picked up my Mig from the LHS today!

1st time ever flying an EDF was a little nervous at first. No need to worry it wasn't that different to a prop plane, just need to watch the airspeed and height a bit more.
  • Very stable and punched through gusty wind no problems.
  • Stalls are not much of an issue. Just let the nose drop and she builds up speed quick.
  • Can easily do 5 loops in a row and probably more if I had enough height.
  • Glides very well and landings were easy. Surprisingly lands on grass very well
  • Vertical climb is not fantastic.

Flew 5 packs (all Hyperion 240) @ WOT for 3:30 min.
pack 1: 202 mah
pack 2: 192 mah
pack 3: 209 mah
pack 4: 191 mah
pack 5: 209 mah

Well done to E-flite on a very very cool little plane!!! Hope you have many more UMX jets to come.
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Last edited by Nam Lemmi; Jul 02, 2012 at 03:17 AM.