HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:15 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Pepo - -7!!!! Brrrr! Where are you? Glad to hear you fly even if it is so cold.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeguy5 View Post
Do you guys like belly landing this bird?
I'm pretty much an ROG addict, so I usually fly with the gear on. I just love doing nose-high landings on the mains, holding the nosewheel up as long as possible during the rollout. But when I feel the need for speed, I pull the gear & let 'er rip. Two-roll vertical climbs with enough speed left to go over the top & into a loop. Consecutive tall Cuban-eights. Consecutive huge, round loops. No problem! And as AP mentioned - she's easy to belly-land. I just bring her in nose-high, manage airspeed with elevator & descent-rate with throttle, and drop her right at my feet.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:06 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
So out of curiosity- what rpm do these ducted fans turn on the mig and the sabre???
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:06 AM
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Pepo - -7!!!! Brrrr! Where are you? Glad to hear you fly even if it is so cold.
Almost in middle of Europe. The disadvantage is that is not possible to use gloves for me, becouse of sensitivity in fingers, but the sensitivity is loosing anyway becouse of freeze. I like it, i have to wear batteries on my chest and quicly connect in the model and fire up with engine or AS3X. I could reach 3min with the stock battery and I didn`t touch LVC, becouse of reserve for landing, I made a approach and than on second landed with bump a little bit, but was so happy. It looks so real.
Pepo is offline Find More Posts by Pepo
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:04 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepo View Post
Almost in middle of Europe. The disadvantage is that is not possible to use gloves for me, becouse of sensitivity in fingers, but the sensitivity is loosing anyway becouse of freeze. I like it, i have to wear batteries on my chest and quicly connect in the model and fire up with engine or AS3X. I could reach 3min with the stock battery and I didn`t touch LVC, becouse of reserve for landing, I made a approach and than on second landed with bump a little bit, but was so happy. It looks so real.
HI Pepo - you should buy gloves and cut the tips off of the main finger & thumb. That way most of your hand stays warm, but your finger tips can still feel the control sticks.

Like this:
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:29 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,694 Posts
Would this work for ya??

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ap_Ready_.html
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
HI Pepo - you should buy gloves and cut the tips off of the main finger & thumb. That way most of your hand stays warm, but your finger tips can still feel the control sticks.

Like this:
Thanks guys. Ordered!
Pepo is offline Find More Posts by Pepo
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:06 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepo View Post
Thanks guys. Ordered!
I have pop-top gloves like those.

Use 'em for winter biking, as well as RC flying.

It'd be nice to find some that include the thumb in the pop-top.....be able to uncover the thumb for working the sticks, and then cover it for warmth.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:18 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
I have pop-top gloves like those.

Use 'em for winter biking, as well as RC flying.

It'd be nice to find some that include the thumb in the pop-top.....be able to uncover the thumb for working the sticks, and then cover it for warmth.

I use these, they are very warm too!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Glaci...h-All+Products
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,530 Posts
Badboy,

THANK YOU!

I just ordered a pair, XL, on Amazon for $16.74. Free 2-day Prime shipping.

It's cool to be warm.........

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Care package arrived! WOOT!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:57 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Well, weather finally warmed up enough to get the Mig out and practice a bit for the limbo contest. Feeling pretty darn confident, LOL! I just have to jury rig up some kind of limbo rig, or somehow talk by sons into holding a hockey stick out while I fly between them at 30 or 40 mph!

Get ready, if all goes well I will be officially "in the hunt" in the next 2 weeks. (Gone out of town for all of next week so that is going to slow things down.)

Anyone got any more video to upload yet? (Oh, WWU, I was laughing with a flying buddy about how the LAST contest you started cost me a ton in parts! It's ok though, got some great crash footage for my 2012 Crash Compilation Video on my YouTube Channel! )

Marlin
Fish - VERY much looking forward to it! Contest entries are a bit slow right now, but with the weather we're having, I can understand it. What's up with all the wind and white stuff????

I might have to make another entry just to "prime the pump" a bit. I think Kevin owes us a few more attempts . . . .

EDIT - I just watched your vid - that was well done (the editing, not the crashes). Hate to see the damage, but good to know I'm not alone in reigning in the overpopulation of model aircraft. . . .
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by whichwaysup; Jan 28, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I use these, they are very warm too!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Glaci...h-All+Products
Yes! Just what the flight Doctor ordered!
They'll be here in a week.
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:17 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
Care package arrived! WOOT!
AV8TRX - can we assume/hope this was what we needed to get that Limbo entry from you??

Do tell - what was in the package?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:23 AM
Azerbaijan, Baku
Joined Nov 2005
4 Posts
Got my Mig delivered last week, and managed to maiden it on Sunday. First time back with a fixed wing for a few years, what an awesome plane! One small error on my part, after adjusting battery placement for COG I forgot to push it in properly against the velcro. After second turn it started porpoising badly, all because the battery had fallen out and was hanging by the lead. It was like trying to fly a rocking horse! Managed to get it low and slow and 'landed it' nose first from about 10'. No real damage to speak of.
Second flight was a lot less eventful. Going to take some time to get comfortable with this.
Had to go back to flying the 130x to relax a bit, which is funny as I got a fixed wing to have a relaxing time away for the heli's!
Looking forward to giving it another whirl this weekend if the weather in Baku plays the game.
Pacman911 is offline Find More Posts by Pacman911