HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
watch out, they may look cute but in reality those two are mortal enemies and will fight to the death
And I hate to say it but the MiG in this case would win EVERY time......I have both planes and the MiG is the better designed plane.........AS3X really is da bomb with this plane!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,044 Posts
yah, thats why i got it over the sabre. Turns out it was a good idea.
I also hate that whole anylink thing, I don't wanna mess with it.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:52 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
I think any link is a great answer to BNF, I think it's brilliant.
But that can't save that the mig is a better airframe in almost every, and looks like the real thing to boot, not like a cartoon. I think the sabre is a good(in comparison the mig flies about as perfect as anything can) plane that's fun, but I can't believe it's a sabre, not even the wing outline is right!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:54 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
If it's not raining it's been snowing---And if it's not snowing ice is falling...And if nothing is falling from the sky then the wind is blowing at Mach 2......Really can't complain too much as we don't get the arctic cold much---And if we do it only lasts for a day or two...

Poor attendance???...Was there an admission charge and costs weren't being covered???...Just curious...Locally we have a church with a huge gym with two full size basketball courts, running track---I would love to get a chance to fly there sometime....

I have somewhat been keeping my flying skills up by flying a micro quad inside of the house...

Kevin
Kevin,

Sounds like you guys are getting punished this winter! Hope you get back to normal wx soon. It's 16 above here today, but there's a pretty stiff wind & it's snowing. I'm getting tired of flying the MV in the living room. The Thinking about pulling the daily-driver out of the garage so I can fly in there. At least it's above freezing, and it's not windy!

The National Sports Center gave us a huge discount. We only paid $10 apiece to fly for 3 hours - regardless of how many or how few showed up. With only 10 or less pilots showing up, they were losing too much money on the deal.

Speaking of quads - I need to swap a pod on my mQX. Cracked one right where the boom goes in during a particularly energetic 'cartwheel maneuver' last fall & the pod is a bit shaky.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:18 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
I know. I have been strangely quiet. I hav been waiting on my Horizon service care package
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
I know. I have been strangely quiet. I hav been waiting on my Horizon service care package
Yeah I have been waiting for new wings for over 10 days. Finally arrived today. Been out of action on the Mig since I was looking at my TX trimming out the elevator and a light pole jumped out in front of my Mig.

Then when I re-attached the wings one had dihedral and the other had anhedral. Hoping to have her back in the air by tomorrow though.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Yeah I have been waiting for new wings for over 10 days. Finally arrived today. Been out of action on the Mig since I was looking at my TX trimming out the elevator and a light pole jumped out in front of my Mig.
Awe man, why is that?? It'll be the only sprinker head in the grass, the ONE tree in the area, or a single light pole that will grab your plane outta the sky, man I hate when that happens
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Awe man, why is that?? It'll be the only sprinker head in the grass, the ONE tree in the area, or a single light pole that will grab your plane outta the sky, man I hate when that happens
+1. It's amazing what aim we have when we aren't paying attention.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:43 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
+1. It's amazing what aim we have when we aren't paying attention.
And I really like it when 3 of us were in the air cruising around and we had a mid-air , purely accidental, & when the 3 of us tried to hit each other we weren't even close!!! I never understand that one, LOL
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:54 PM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
348 Posts
Do you guys like belly landing this bird?
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:21 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
No reason not to. Smooth easy belly lander. I always belly land fast and flat, nose hasn't gotten a single crinkle from it
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:39 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,664 Posts
Limbo Contest ... almost there

Well, weather finally warmed up enough to get the Mig out and practice a bit for the limbo contest. Feeling pretty darn confident, LOL! I just have to jury rig up some kind of limbo rig, or somehow talk by sons into holding a hockey stick out while I fly between them at 30 or 40 mph!

Get ready, if all goes well I will be officially "in the hunt" in the next 2 weeks. (Gone out of town for all of next week so that is going to slow things down.)

Anyone got any more video to upload yet? (Oh, WWU, I was laughing with a flying buddy about how the LAST contest you started cost me a ton in parts! It's ok though, got some great crash footage for my 2012 Crash Compilation Video on my YouTube Channel! )

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:34 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,007 Posts
The wind was at ZERO today but company showed up and I had to not be rude but entertain...Then the "company" said that her kids really liked when I flew my planes in the nieghborhood...Shoot---I could have flown AND entertained the company had I known!!!...

Wouda, shouda, couda!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Hi everybody,
I amade a maiden today with MiG-15, -7degC, 2m/s, runway was frozen smooth snow. I had a respect a little bit, but when she climb I recognize that it is amzing designed plane. I had a D/R on 70%, what a great plane. And I was surprised from the gliding performance either. Beauty Fagot.

Nice landings for all
Pepo
Pepo is offline Find More Posts by Pepo
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:00 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeguy5 View Post
Do you guys like belly landing this bird?
I only belly land a lot 'cause I love the "no gear" look in the air! But at the same time I love how she looks when I'm on final approach with her gear down & that scale landing!