HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:48 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Hpe this fame doesn't go straight to Pug's head!
Roger that.

On second thought...........am-scray Roger!!!

Can't you see I'm having a Pugasm!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:51 AM
Registered User
AV8TRX's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Hpe this fame doesn't go straight to Pug's head!

rc
Just for you Pugsie!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:04 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
Just for you Pugsie!
Everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame.

I guess that mine is for being such a crappy pilot that I'm the guy who publicly-admits buying an embarrassing replacement item for his beat-up little airplane......



It's like being the star of a commercial for Depends, or Viagra.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:15 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
My take on WWU's entry....Heck---I can limbo underneath the Golden Gate Bridge!!!......Seriously---GREAT JOB being the first to limbo---And inverted at that!!!...I'm jealous that you were the first!!!...


Again---Great job and extra mucho points for being the first to limbo, first to limbo inverted, and having the ball$ to do it over asphalt!!!

Kevin

Kevin
A re-review of your video revealed some additional elements that earned you 10,000 more bonus points.




[QUOTE=turboparker;23767539]Now, that guy's got some flyin' skillz!
If I were judging, I'd give you 250 points for being brave enough to try it over asphalt, 400 points for actually pulling it off, and 350 style points for doing it inverted.

Joel, as of this portion of your commentary, any future submission was going to be starting out with 25K bonus points. This of course has nothing to do with the kind words directed at the judges, though it could be mispercieved as such. IT is instead credit for the fact that you clearly had good judgement and therefore any submission should be considered with such good judgement top of mind. However, it's winter. Winter means snow to a Minnesotan, and you appear to have no snow at all. So, I'd penalize you 100 points for every inch less snow that you have on the ground as compared to me. I happen to have 10 inches of the stuff sitting in my yard, so that would be -1000 points, for a total of zero. I highly suggest that you find lots of snow for your next attempt. By the look of that that inverted landing, your vertical stab will thank you. Joel[/COLOR]

Oh, and things were looking so good for you! Unfortunately, after further consideration, all attributed good judgement was retracted, and any submission will no longer be considered. Again, not because you insulted the judges' submission (of course!) but because you displayed poor judging ability and therefore could taint the contest.

All teasing aside, Kevin remains in 1st place, and in spite of his whining about 10" of snow on the ground (when I was growing upwe didn't have RC - we had to go FIND our airplanes and they always ended up 20 miles away uphill both ways and we had to WALK through 20' of snow. and we didn't have shoes), we are still awaiting his entry.

Whose up next?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:44 PM
Registered User
AV8TRX's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
A sincere thank you!

This evening I was called to patrol the local "dog park" for marauding MiGs using one of their own jets. I pulled chocks at about 1700 hours for a daring twilight mission. I knew that if my flight were to exceed the hours of daylight, I would surely get my tail in a twist. I kicked throttle up to 11 and my trusty co-pilot released the pneumatic brakes and let go. I was up. I spotted "Casey Jones" and his squadron of MiG's at about 12 o'clock. I noticed they were one short and decided to sneak in and "fill the ranks" I bank right then left as I ascend. Realizing that I was nearing the dreaded MiG stall, I roll inverted into an inside loop. As I crested loop, I realized that the deck was gonna come up quickly and I better roll right at the bottom, If I wanted to walk away! The engine whined like a mad cat stuck in the intake. No G-suits in this damn thing getting darker and darker. WHOA who turned the lights on? Trees 12 O'clock and closing in fast! I jam the stick to the right and pull back slowly and carefully but confidently as I try to recover from the loop. Taking fire! "Hold on!" I yelled to my co pilot. It was a truly rough emergency landing to say the least. MY co pilot and I were sitting in the park on the wing sharing a pocket warmed flask of soju when a little boy about 10 who had been playing frisbee with his dad walked over and handed me the fuselage of my mig, wing swinging below his hand. I thanked him politely but in my state of hurt ego and panic from seeing the wing hang by an aileron servo wire, I am not so sure it came across as sweetly as his kind gesture. So to you young airman, I say THANK YOU! AND may all your landings be wheels down!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
Registered User
AV8TRX's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
^sorry for the geekery!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
This evening I was called to patrol the local "dog park" for marauding MiGs using one of their own jets. I pulled chocks at about 1700 hours for a daring twilight mission. I knew that if my flight were to exceed the hours of daylight, I would surely get my tail in a twist. I kicked throttle up to 11 and my trusty co-pilot released the pneumatic brakes and let go. I was up. I spotted "Casey Jones" and his squadron of MiG's at about 12 o'clock. I noticed they were one short and decided to sneak in and "fill the ranks" I bank right then left as I ascend. Realizing that I was nearing the dreaded MiG stall, I roll inverted into an inside loop. As I crested loop, I realized that the deck was gonna come up quickly and I better roll right at the bottom, If I wanted to walk away! The engine whined like a mad cat stuck in the intake. No G-suits in this damn thing getting darker and darker. WHOA who turned the lights on? Trees 12 O'clock and closing in fast! I jam the stick to the right and pull back slowly and carefully but confidently as I try to recover from the loop. Taking fire! "Hold on!" I yelled to my co pilot. It was a truly rough emergency landing to say the least. MY co pilot and I were sitting in the park on the wing sharing a pocket warmed flask of soju when a little boy about 10 who had been playing frisbee with his dad walked over and handed me the fuselage of my mig, wing swinging below his hand. I thanked him politely but in my state of hurt ego and panic from seeing the wing hang by an aileron servo wire, I am not so sure it came across as sweetly as his kind gesture. So to you young airman, I say THANK YOU! AND may all your landings be wheels down!

10,000 bonus points for you. That was an enjoyable read. We thank your Mig for taking one for the team!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:54 PM
Registered User
AV8TRX's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Aww Thanks WWU nothing you or the rest of the "Honchos" wouldn't have done!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:20 AM
Registered User
fairplane's Avatar
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
686 Posts
Well its official! I just joined the Eflite UMX Mig 15 owners club! Just picked one up at lunch, but wont be able to fly it until the snows gone-April/May. So what are the most important to do's with this bird? I already ordered the nose protector kit and have 5 300mah mini aviation batteries. Gonna be a long winter!
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:15 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
Look on the bright side! You know that dust that collects under your cabinets? You can entertain yourself by using your Mig to help move that dust to the OTHER side of the Kitchen! LIght dusting of snow on the driveway? It might take awhile, but there are reports of the value of this MIg to help blow that snow off the driveway.

Although cleverly disguised as an aircraft, this thing makes a handy little dustbuster!

Welcome to the Mig club! Looking forward to your Limbo entry!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:10 AM
Registered User
AV8TRX's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Look on the bright side! You know that dust that collects under your cabinets? You can entertain yourself by using your Mig to help move that dust to the OTHER side of the Kitchen! LIght dusting of snow on the driveway? It might take awhile, but there are reports of the value of this MIg to help blow that snow off the driveway.

Although cleverly disguised as an aircraft, this thing makes a handy little dustbuster!

Welcome to the Mig club! Looking forward to your Limbo entry!

I HEAR better now thanks to the MiG, Because it also works better than this: (seriously folks don't try this at home)
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:41 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
LowlyElevated's Avatar
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
My first Entry for the contest

There are no rules against the use of tricopters and tiki torches, are there?
Mig15 limbo fro RCGroups contest. (3 min 39 sec)
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
There are no rules against the use of tricopters and tiki torches, are there?
Brilliant technical achievement!

Clearly, the bar is set higher here than in all entires heretofore submitted.

The ending credits need work.

To evaluate this entry, Judge 'Sup will have his work cut out for him.

TRX, your thoughts?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:35 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
LowlyElevated's Avatar
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Brilliant technical achievement!

Clearly, the bar is set higher here than in all entires heretofore submitted.

The ending credits need work.

To evaluate this entry, Judge 'Sup will have his work cut out for him.

TRX, your thoughts?

The bar is set higher due to the nature of the tiki torches, not my piloting.
As it was, the torches were barely far enough apart to let the tricopter pass through without hitting a prop.
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
1,472 Posts
I'm doing a little spec comparison between the stock model and the full size aircraft(early variant, single seat, hinged h-stab).
My referenced sources so far are wikipedia for the fullsize,and and the listed specs on the manufacturers website for the model. If anyones interested in seeing those numbers here, I'd gladly do so, lots of neat stuff. I dont know, maybe it belongs only in scale flyers? At the moment though, I'm looking for references to the models cruise speed, max speed, rate of climb, thrust. Is there a "go-to" post, or some other definitive source for info like this?

Mig-15: 850kmh/530mph, 1075kmh/668mph, 50m/s 9840ft/min, 26.5kN/5950lbft, respectively, as a point of interest.

Thanks all. Personally,I'm really diggin this model, right out of box, link n chuck.(+tail reinforcement).
airfoil'd is offline Find More Posts by airfoil'd
Last edited by airfoil'd; Jan 12, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 18633 Dec 18, 2014 02:13 PM
Discussion E-flite UMX MiG 15 DF SNEAK PEEK! D PAYNE Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 2259 Nov 17, 2014 06:21 PM
Discussion Hobbyking Lancaster official owners thread Tartago Electric Warbirds 979 Aug 10, 2014 12:58 PM
Discussion UMX Mig-15 DF Mod Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 1132 Aug 01, 2014 05:30 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre 15 DF NIB! blue7.62 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 05, 2012 02:35 PM