HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,522 Posts
This should be fun
2 out of 3 attempts taxiing through the gate ended up hitting the woodwork!
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Okay - I'm sensing some interest here, and I think Limbo might just be a fun way to do this. Extra points for:
1) Lowest bar
2) Narrowest gap (width)
3) INVERTED limbo
4) Stunt Limbo

But - no contest unless there's enough interest - so if you are in, reply to this to let us know - we need at least 5-10 contestants to make it interesting. The only rule is that nobody can take this too seriously and that I, as the supreme dictator of the known universe (in my own head) will reserve final say if there is a dispute (and I will make the decision arbitrarily without any proof, logic, or common sense, so please, avoid disputes at all cost.)

Oh - and what the heck - I'll even pony up a babblebat (325 TP) to the winner once all the votes are in - and Roger - I"M PAYING THIS TIME!!

Who's in?
Sounds fun, I'm in. My Mig is already beat and battered after 6 months of flying it. Whats a few more hits going to hurt. lol
Although, if I smack into the ground, the 12" of fluffy snow probably won't hurt it anyway!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:27 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,617 Posts
Getting psyched, to run away with all the prizes in the still-photo category!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
WWU,

Please don't tell me that you did the nose improvements during the limbo contest! It would shatter my impression of the MIG being a tough little flyer!
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Oh and should I actually receive a MIG before the contest ends I am in....don't expect much. Never flown fixed wing R/C before (except in Phoenix)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:59 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
WWU,

Please don't tell me that you did the nose improvements during the limbo contest! It would shatter my impression of the MIG being a tough little flyer!
Let's just say that it was a *similar* sort of contest - and I was the only contestant - and I won the "lowest altitude" award with a number that had a dash in front of it! A little hot water and glue and you'll see her with a new nose job here shortly - just in time for the contest!

Quote:
Oh and should I actually receive a MIG before the contest ends I am in....don't expect much. Never flown fixed wing R/C before (except in Phoenix)
The judges have reviewed your post and have unanimously agreed that it counts as an irrevocable agreement to enter the contest. The law firm that represents the judges is well known for enforcing such irrevocability. I think it will be far cheaper for you to simply buy yourself a Mig and get practicing! Besides, worst case scenario, your Mig won't be "fixed wing" for long and you'll find yourself back in familiar territory! Just make sure you get it on video when it happens!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Let's just say that it was a *similar* sort of contest - and I was the only contestant - and I won the "lowest altitude" award with a number that had a dash in front of it! A little hot water and glue and you'll see her with a new nose job here shortly - just in time for the contest!

The judges have reviewed your post and have unanimously agreed that it counts as an irrevocable agreement to enter the contest. The law firm that represents the judges is well known for enforcing such irrevocability. I think it will be far cheaper for you to simply buy yourself a Mig and get practicing! Besides, worst case scenario, your Mig won't be "fixed wing" for long and you'll find yourself back in familiar territory! Just make sure you get it on video when it happens!
Does it still count if the wings are not fixed when the aircraft goes under the limbo stick?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Does it still count if the wings are not fixed when the aircraft goes under the limbo stick?
In this contest - pretty much anything counts as long as it either:

A) Impresses everyone who watches
B) Makes everyone laugh
C) Incites sympathy
D) Makes the judge look good

So, your hypothetical scenario (for now - I guarantee you that if YOU don't do it, I probably will end up doing it!) would count in at least 3 of the four categories and potentially the first one as well.

See, nothing to lose! Go buy a Mig!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
I'm in!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,258 Posts
Quote:
In this contest - pretty much anything counts as long as it either:

A) Impresses everyone who watches
B) Makes everyone laugh
C) Incites sympathy
D) Makes the judge look good

So, your hypothetical scenario (for now - I guarantee you that if YOU don't do it, I probably will end up doing it!) would count in at least 3 of the four categories and potentially the first one as well.

See, nothing to lose! Go buy a Mig!
I LIKE those rules!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:52 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
I will have to figure a way to film it(and post it), but otherwise I am in. I assume sliding it through on a belly landing won't count.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
I will have to figure a way to film it(and post it), but otherwise I am in. I assume sliding it through on a belly landing won't count.
Ahem . . .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2603

I can't stress enough that these rules will be STRICTLY unenforced!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:33 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,211 Posts
Im in!

Can I get bonus points for writing my name in the sand with the tail of my plane while inverted right before I make my pass?
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Im in!

Can I get bonus points for writing my name in the sand with the tail of my plane while inverted right before I make my pass?
Only if you do it blindfolded and with one thumb tied behind your back!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
In case you might have wondered, Didn't know or are curious, here is a cool history of the MiG. I don't know if they cover it but MiG 15 #502 was reported to have been flown by Nickolai Ivanov.

Wings of the Red Star: Duel Over Korea - Mig-15 2/4 (10 min 0 sec)

Of course its better to satrt with the first vide in the series :/
Hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by AV8TRX; Jan 03, 2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added info