HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Do we have a contest for the MiG---If so---IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!......The MiG is right up my alley------MiG alley!!!......

Kevin

I'm drooling and chomping at the bit!!!...Let's get this thing going!!!.........2S only---Right???
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:24 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Do we have a contest for the MiG---If so---IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!......The MiG is right up my alley------MiG alley!!!......

Kevin

I'm drooling and chomping at the bit!!!...Let's get this thing going!!!.........2S only---Right???
On 3S I could enter the hover contest with the mig Only need a calm day...

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Kevin

Mig alley, got the reffrence.
A contest would be cool. How about for the longest lasting airframe??? (I have had my original airframe since the second batch got shipped out of HH... Has some ugly spots, but it looks pretty nice for its age.)
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:34 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
Do you have a url for the stinger?
Try this one.
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dparentcat=424

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:06 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,235 Posts
I've never flown with the landing gear on, so I've always done belly landing with a nice slide. Well, with all this talk of flying slow nose up I moved my elevator pushrods in on the control horn to second to last hole.
Wow does this thing tip stall! The AS3X makes it invisible until the last moment! Did some searching on this thread and didn't find much of anything. So I just wanted to know how you guys handle this and stay away from it doing those nice nose up landings. None of my planes that I've owned really tip stall unless you make it happen or are really loosely with the ailerons.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,881 Posts
Don't slow it down so much lol.
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I've never flown with the landing gear on, so I've always done belly landing with a nice slide. Well, with all this talk of flying slow nose up I moved my elevator pushrods in on the control horn to second to last hole.
Wow does this thing tip stall! The AS3X makes it invisible until the last moment! Did some searching on this thread and didn't find much of anything. So I just wanted to know how you guys handle this and stay away from it doing those nice nose up landings. None of my planes that I've owned really tip stall unless you make it happen or are really loosely with the ailerons.
AP

Here's my method: Make sure the plane isn't nose-heavy, use rudder to stay on course, be very gentle with the ailerons & use them sparingly, and manage airspeed with throttle elevator.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Brain fart
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Watch the nose up angle that it is flying. Once you realize the angle that it stalls at just be sure never to exceed that angle. Joel's advice is spot on as usual as to controls.

*edit: oops I think Joel mistyped that one. Yes you manage the speed with the elevator! I know he does to.

-Brian
Last edited by kalmon; Dec 30, 2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: speed management error
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:02 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,767 Posts
Though you guys used elevator for speed and throttle for altitude?

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post

Tony
Nice catch there Tony! I'm sure Joel just mistyped that.

-Brian
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:52 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Quote:

Tony
That is exactly how it should be done. I fly my downwind leg at about 1/2 throttle to start my decent. Turn onto the crosswind leg and reduce power to 1/3 and continue losing altitude. Turn onto final and reduce power to 1/4 throttle. At about 3' off the deck I pull power completely off and begin applying back pressure on the elevator. Don't pull back so hard you ballon up and stall. Just enough to keep the nose up and bleed off the remaining speed. Continue feeding up elevator so at touchdown you are at full up. I fly off grass without wheels and will only slide out about 1-2 feet after touch down.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Nice catch there Tony! I'm sure Joel just mistyped that.

-Brian
Yup

btw, it is how I fly too. Well I have to being a sailplane pilot. We don't have much choice!

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:11 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,465 Posts
Yeah - I meant elevator. That was one of those lack-of-sleep-induced senior moments. Had a gig with the band on Friday night. I recorded the show, and spent most of the night editing, burning, and listening to 24 bit/192k DVD-Audio disks - so I only got a couple hours of sleep.

No MiG flying for me. Too much snow. We're having an indoor session tomorrow, but I'm not sure how many soccer courts we're getting. If we end up with all three side-by-side, I could easily fly the MiG in there.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Does this have landing gear optional? I mean without reinventing the wheel?
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
Does this have landing gear optional? I mean without reinventing the wheel?
Better yet how does the rtf 8ch work? will it bind to my Dx6i ?
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX