HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:28 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
I am curious still about a speed check for anyone who might know. (unimportant really just curiosity)
No gear, using a 2s 240mAh Babbel Batt fully charged, downwind dive, we got an even 50mph with the Bushnell Radar Gun.

She's fun to fly & stable!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
hi all,

just checked my Mig in my hand and suddenly I pushed my motorstick forward (middle position) my Rudder made wagging left and right
I figured out these short wagging with the tail during flight in the past but assumed this was As3X.
With full power all is o.k...these wagging is only approx middle power in a small gap.
What's that ?- any suggestion ?
Just an idea....could be wrong...

"Mechanical resonance is the tendency of a mechanical system to respond at greater amplitude when the frequency of its oscillations matches the system's natural frequency of vibration (its resonance frequency or resonant frequency) than it does at other frequencies. It may cause violent swaying motions and even catastrophic failure in improperly constructed structures including bridges, buildings and airplanesa phenomenon known as resonance disaster."
AV8TRX is offline Find More Posts by AV8TRX
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:54 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
hi all,

just checked my Mig in my hand and suddenly I pushed my motorstick forward (middle position) my Rudder made wagging left and right
I figured out these short wagging with the tail during flight in the past but assumed this was As3X.
With full power all is o.k...these wagging is only approx middle power in a small gap.
What's that ?- any suggestion ?
Vibration at this specific rpm or the board may be loose in the yaw direction.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
We have quite a few of the same planes and are on most of the sames threads for them. Though I could never hope to achieve his level of proficiency with the sticks

It's never to late to get cross thread bonus points

-Brian
Brian -

Congrats. You just earned more 10000 more bonus points
That puts you 50,000 behind turnerm.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
OK you have my curiosity. Do you have video of your superior stick proficiency? I love the you tube videos of all who fly on here. You guys rock!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8TRX View Post
OK you have my curiosity. Do you have video of your superior stick proficiency? I love the you tube videos of all who fly on here. You guys rock!
WWU is the contest creator and judge of a hover contest for the UMX Sbach, A plane notoriously hard to hover! The contest rules not only don't prohibit but encourage sucking up to the judge.

You can read the last 10 or so pages for all the videos.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1731391

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Brian -

Congrats. You just earned more 10000 more bonus points
That puts you 50,000 behind turnerm.
Cool now I just need to post this on 6 more threads that you follow and I have a chance to win

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
WWU is the contest creator and judge of a hover contest for the UMX Sbach, A plane notoriously hard to hover! The contest rules not only don't prohibit but encourage sucking up to the judge.

You can read the last 10 or so pages for all the videos.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1731391

Cool now I just need to post this on 6 more threads that you follow and I have a chance to win

-Brian

Hard to hover? The guy in the E-Flite video made it look easy will the MIG hover like that?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Perhaps we need a similar contest appropriate to the mig - longest sustained vertical on 2S or lowest, longest inverted pass blindfolded, or best knife edge.

And to set the record straight, my ability on the sticks in no way matches the suck upery that I wallow in with reckless abandon, as you will see in my videos and can tell from my user name!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Very cool hover videos! I would show you my hover video but it seems that adding it to this thread would get me wrapped up in WWU's class action lawsuit. Besides an MCPX looks nothing like an SBach... wait a minute is that an MSRX I see? Awww you almost tricked me WWU!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
420 Posts
I would put the top speed on 2s on a flat run with no wind being in the low 40 mph range. Downwind with a small dive I have recorded it as fast as 53 mph. That was on TP 65c 325mah Babbelbats.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
How would the UMX MIG 15 rate against the exceed sky angel t-45? It looks a bit slower in the video I saw. It also looks a little bigger and more intimidating for a first time EDF flyer.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
Did you mean the MiG was bigger
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
NO! sorry, the sky angel looks to be about 6-17 inches longer and more intimidating to an edf noob.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
Ah....

I've got a Stinger because I didn't want to shell out on a Habu. Habu32 / Habu2 next though for sure, loving these EDFs

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Do you have a url for the stinger?