HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
even though it is really easy to come in to fast.

Yep---If you lower the nose she easily picks up speed...Once you get comfortable with flying it you can get the nose slightly up and ride the throttle until ready to set her down...This plane will fly remarkably slow...By riding the throttle you can land exactly on the spot of your choosing!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:23 PM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
126 Posts
I have flown my MIG daily since I bought it (weather permitting) in June. I usually average about 6-10 flights per day. My problem is now what do I do now that it is pretty beat up? I have replaced the fuse and tail feathers as well as servos. The second fuse had became so beat up that I have switched back to the first one. Do I replace everything again or do I just bite the bullet and buy another one or perhaps something else?
impmotor is online now Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Sbach 3d. Just do it. Best 140 you ever spent
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yes. Spray it into the output arm slot & cycle the servo a few times. A second shot may be required in some situations. To prevent buildup, I only use it when a servo shows signs of needing cleaning (jittery or erratic behavior). If you notice buildup after repeated use, flush the servo track with DeoxIT D5, cycle the servo a number of times, and follow it up with a short shot of FaderLube.

Joel
Appreciate the step-by-step instructions Joel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
LOL, I'm so tempted Which Way!!!! Plus I know she'll hide real nice in the garage from my wife........
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Yep---If you lower the nose she easily picks up speed...Once you get comfortable with flying it you can get the nose slightly up and ride the throttle until ready to set her down...This plane will fly remarkably slow...By riding the throttle you can land exactly on the spot of your choosing!!!...

Kevin
+1! I was very surprised at how slow she can fly. I love coming in nose-high with the power on. Get it just right, and you can even get her to land on the mains & carry the nose gear for a bit before it comes down. Looks really cool.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,920 Posts
Quote:
+1! I was very surprised at how slow she can fly. I love coming in nose-high with the power on. Get it just right, and you can even get her to land on the mains & carry the nose gear for a bit before it comes down. Looks really cool.

Joel
YEP!!!...Riding a wheelie!!!...MUCH fun!!!...HH got the gear placement just right on this bird with the CG...

My dog has learned to chase the plane while taxiing out to position---He the runs about 20 yards down wind to "intercept" the plane on the takeoff....Too smart for his own good!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:00 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impmotor View Post
I have flown my MIG daily since I bought it (weather permitting) in June. I usually average about 6-10 flights per day. My problem is now what do I do now that it is pretty beat up? I have replaced the fuse and tail feathers as well as servos. The second fuse had became so beat up that I have switched back to the first one. Do I replace everything again or do I just bite the bullet and buy another one or perhaps something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I think if you are beating up the Mig I wouldn't try the Sbach yet... I love tearing up the sky with the Sbach but it's 2x everything compared to the Mig.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:16 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
126 Posts
I guess that my question is when do you plug the plug when all the components seem to be getting tired. I ended up with an extra motor so I built a Dyanamic Foamys's X-32. By comparing the sound of the two motors, It seems that the MIG's motor does not have the power it once did. Perhaps it is just my perception that the MIG just seems slower, but is there a life expectancy of the components such as the motor, receiver, servos, etc? How many times can I revive a servo with De-Oxit? Does anyone have any experience that I can benefit from?
impmotor is online now Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,534 Posts
Quote:
Yes, many of us clean these servos periodically. DeoxIT FaderLube is the product of choice for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
If you notice buildup after repeated use, flush the servo track with DeoxIT D5, cycle the servo a number of times, and follow it up with a short shot of FaderLube.
Joel:

Many thanks for the links and info. Great to have on record when need arises.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:03 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Sep 2002
147 Posts
Gutted!

Just been out flying this beauty, best plane i've bought this year.
First flight as fun as always, all good, second flight after about a minute I lost elevator completely, managed some how to get it down in one piece, god knows how. Just been checking over now and all other surfaces work fine just the elevator is dead, what to do?????
Advise appreciated,
Cheers,
Nick.
Shorty is offline Find More Posts by Shorty
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:19 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Is it dead in the center or locked at full up or down? How many flights on the bird? In any case you will need to carefully remove the plastic fuselage top to get at the elevator servo. If it is physically locked at the end of travel, rotate the gears to unlock and set travel limits to about 90% to prevent the same thing happening again. If it is dead in the middle of travel try cleaning the servo as has been covered many times in this thread.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:22 AM
Joined Sep 2002
147 Posts
Hi Dr John,
I would guess at 2/3 up on the elevator. Is it difficult to loosen the red cover?
Thanks for quick reply,
Nick.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Sep 2002
147 Posts
Oh ye Ive been flying it a lot since its release(for me anyway!), I would take I guess at 30-40flights!
Last edited by Shorty; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Extra input
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:46 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
The cover is held on with thin double sided tape. If you work slowly and carefully you can work it off with a razor knife and glue it back on. If it is not jammed at full travel it sounds like a dirty pot on the servo board. Worst case you may need to replace the servo.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Sep 2002
147 Posts
Many thanks for the help!
Nick.