SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:15 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,202 Posts
Anybody here who is running 3s on their mig?? I Wana try the same 180mah 3S nanos that I get such great performance from in my Sbach in this mig?? Will I need any mods??
Or can I just pop the battery straight in and just fly her. My mig is currently out of commission due to two broken servos ( my fault, I was running them at 120% rate)
I'm planning on getting another one and use the old one for spare parts.
Oh and for whatever its worth I've been watching my telemetry a few times,, and at least during the times I've watched,, never have gotten ANY holds or frame losses but then I always like flying my mig in close. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought a UMX Mig-15 a week ago as my third plane (4CH EasyStar clone and UM P51) and i realy enjoy flying this little screamer. Only one thing for me to mention: It'S hard to recognize the orientation of the plane, but maybe that's because of the cloudy and foggy weather here in Vienna? But I never had this problems with my other planes.

Anyway, my question:
My plane always wants to climb (especially at WOT) and I need about 10 clicks of trim for level flight. The elevators look pretty good, the CG is 58mm with my NanoTech 260 all the way forward.
Is this a normal behavior of this plane?

Thank you very much and greets from Austria!
FragGyver
FragGyver is offline Find More Posts by FragGyver
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
Gyver, first of all you should have elevator horizontal--- if you have positiv elevator your plane goes nose inverted.
Some Migs from our german board (rcline) come with positiv elevator adjustment out of box...I bent the linkage to neutal elevator and moved the lipo pack (200 stock and 240 mylipo) backwards.
Now at calm days the Mig is a bit nose down, with wind horizontal....some guys cut foam and created more space.
-
Untypical that your Mig goes up if the elevator is horizontal
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
This baby's price is 150 now, buy it while you can!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragGyver View Post
......Anyway, my question:
My plane always wants to climb (especially at WOT) and I need about 10 clicks of trim for level flight. The elevators look pretty good, the CG is 58mm with my NanoTech 260 all the way forward.

FragGyver
FragGyver,

Welcome to the MiG club!

The MiG should track like an arrow at any throttle setting. It should not pitch up or down as the throttle is opened or closed. If it pitches up as you add throttle, pitches down when you cut the throttle, and needs visible up-trim for level flight, it's nose-heavy. If it pitches down when you add power, pitches up when you cut the power, and needs visible down-trim for level flight, it's tail-heavy. When the CG is right, the plane should remain level at any flight power setting, the nose should only drop slightly when you cut the throttle, and you should be able to roll inverted & only need a small amount of down-elevator to maintain altitude. Try moving the pack about half-way back & see how it flies. Be sure to center the elevator trim before the flight.

Also - be sure to mechanically trim the plane once you've got it flying straight & true. Anything more than 3-4 clicks of trim will screw up the AS3X system, as it interprets excessive trim as pilot input.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Quote:

FragGyver
Move the lipo all the way to the back. Your climbing because your holding the nose up with all that trim because you're nose heavy.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:50 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Only 3 flights on my (3rd MiG because the 1st 2 were defective) and the right aileron ripped away from the wing closest point to the fuselage... I guess that is why the price is dropping on the MiG... I should have waited longer I guess
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Thank you for all your advices. But unfortunately it doesn't matter anymore.

Went out to today to try different CGs when suddenly I couldn't hear the engine anymore and had no control. Well, my MIG crashed and hit a tree.
So I need new wings, the tail set, maybe the fuse set and an aileron servo. That's about 80 Euros, maybe it's better to buy a new one for 140 and use the old one for spare parts?

I have no idea why this happened, i always fly my P51 at this place and newer had a problem with interferences.

Sad day, I really liked to fly this plane (for about 10 batteries) and as I'm a student it's quite an amount of money.
FragGyver is offline Find More Posts by FragGyver
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for all your advices. But unfortunately it doesn't matter anymore.

Went out to today to try different CGs when suddenly I couldn't hear the engine anymore and had no control. Well, my MIG crashed and hit a tree.
So I need new wings, the tail set, maybe the fuse set and an aileron servo. That's about 80 Euros, maybe it's better to buy a new one for 140 and use the old one for spare parts?

I have no idea why this happened, i always fly my P51 at this place and newer had a problem with interferences.

Sad day, I really liked to fly this plane (for about 10 batteries) and as I'm a student it's quite an amount of money.
I have no idea how the Customer support is over there but in the US if you had a complete power loss on the 10th flight HH would usually have you send the model back and replace it with a brand new one. Try your customer support options.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Did you hit lvc?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,760 Posts
And what Transmitter were you using?
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Just get you some depron and make the parts that I broke. Should be able to get fairly close if you can somewhat piece the parts back together and trace them out on some foam.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Use some glue.....

I've smacked off wings and tails on my mig and glue really works well....
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Use some glue.....

I've smacked off wings and tails on my mig and glue really works well....

ah glue....where would we be without glue i ripped my mig in half at the field....glued it back together....was back flying in 10 minutes !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,739 Posts
Awe man, sorry for your loss, don't give up on her, go with the glue.

Good luck
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut