SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impmotor View Post
I have had periodic problems with the elevator servo after a number of flights. The first time was after almost 100 flights. I replaced the servo on the advice of Horizon Hobby. The second servo lasted for over a 100 flights before sticking. I sprayed it with DeOxit and it seems to last for about 50 flights before needing to be resprayed. I have had no problems with the other servos and have no expanation for why only the elevator servo causes problems. All I can suggest is that you do a preflight test to make sure that the servos are not sticking. Irregardless, I have several several hundred flights with my MIG and although I am not a greatly skilled, I love this plane.
IMPMotor and TurboRacer,
Thanks for the feedback! At least I know I'm not alone... I sent it back to HH today and will hopefully hear something back within a week or so. I talked to a rep and they said they would let me know when they rec'd it and should have it fixed or replaced w/in 7 business days. Not too bad. This is why I always come back to HH, at least I know they will stick by their products and not give me any hassle
jpt1205 is online now Find More Posts by jpt1205
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:31 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
This is why I always come back to HH, at least I know they will stick by their products and not give me any hassle
Yes, they replaced my Spektrum DX6i, DSM2, with a new one, DSMX, after the original decided to self-immolate!

Very good customer service at HH.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Hey guys, I’d been looking for a new plane for a while when I took a trip to my LHS after work to buy some parts for a wing I’m building. I wasn’t looking real hard, just one of those things in the back of your mind. When I walked in the GP F-86 sitting on the counter caught my eye and was marked down to $99.00 but the Any Link was $30.00 extra. I didn’t even bother looking at the MiG, something about good old fashion American liberty and freedom vs. communism. I had a $50.00 gift certificate but the round trip home was a solid hour and I wouldn’t get back before they closed. I went back the next day with the intension of buying the F-86. But before I plunked down my bank card and gift certificate, I decided to give the MiG a second look, after all, it was an HH BNF. Now I had a dilemma. When I walked out with the MiG, I had no idea what AS3X was or that this little plane even had something like that. But how cool it was when I found out after deciding to do some reading up before I maiden her. It looks like I made the right choice. I found the thread Dave from HH started. Wow, 148 pages. I got down to about page 135 only to find a link to the owners thread. HOLY CRAP! . . . another 134 pages? Lots of good info, funny stories and videos, except when the plane gets more than 10ft away from a camera it just turns into a speck. I’m on page 42 now and think I have enough info to do a maiden. This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. I’ll catch up with ya’ll in a couple days.
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Last edited by Corky65; Oct 05, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
I decided to give the MiG a second look, after all, it was an HH BNF.

This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. I’ll catch up with ya’ll in a couple days.
Awesome, welcome aboard!

I'm about to take my own poor battered & abused Mig15 to the park, on it's screeching bearings and get some more time in with it.

It's a terrific plane, you are going to love it.

If I can't work out a replacement EDF unit soon, I might just buy a whole new Mig, and let this one be the parts queen.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Thanks Track
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:48 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Awesome, welcome aboard!

I'm about to take my own poor battered & abused Mig15 to the park, on it's screeching bearings and get some more time in with it.

It's a terrific plane, you are going to love it.

If I can't work out a replacement EDF unit soon, I might just buy a whole new Mig, and let this one be the parts queen.
+1 on all points tracknoob!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,751 Posts
Had mine out today in a 16 mph gusty wind and it didn't even flinch Your going to love it.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:43 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Yup, great introduction to EDF. I am hoping we'll see a UMX F-18, or maybe a UMX Messerschmidt twin jet. Not too much to ask is it? AS3X, naturally.

For now, my Mini MiG 15 is getting a lot of attention.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Quote:
This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. Ill catch up with yall in a couple days.
Luckly, you made the right choice the first time. I had the GP F-86 and it was
flying it with the Anylink. Now I didn't have any problems with my other
Anylink plane (Flyzone Sensei), but this one was a total kluge, and on the second flight attempt became a pile of parts. I flew a 50mm T-45 EDF, and started off the day with that, then flew my MiG. The MiG is about 2/3s the
size of the T-45, but handled the wing as steadily as my Sensei,which is a 56"
wingspan Cessna type. Follow the manual and you can't go wrong. However
if you bend the nosewheel, don't be suprised. Just go back to your LHS and buy
a set of Parkzone UM P-51 gear and follow the video on page 19 of the mod thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ig+mod&page=19
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Yup, great introduction to EDF. I am hoping we'll see a UMX F-18, or maybe a UMX Messerschmidt twin jet. Not too much to ask is it? AS3X, naturally.

For now, my Mini MiG 15 is getting a lot of attention.

RD
Actually, BH has several 50mm planes, including the F-18, that they've put
what could be termed AS2X on. But a UMX F-14 with fully functional wings WOULD be nice. Though I don't think E-Flite would be able to keep up with the demand.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Last edited by Valkpilot; Oct 05, 2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I have good news for those of you wanting more power and longer flight times...I tested some ne Turnigy NanoTech 35-70C 300mAh 2S batts in my AS3X Beast 3D...I tached the 2500kv motor around 11800-11950 RPM with the NanoTechs...I then tesed my 25C 240mAh G3 Hyperion batts and got around 11500-11650 RPM...TheNanoTechs weigh exactly the same as my Hyperions...

Give the new 2S 300mAh 35C NanoTechs a try---I'm sure you will like them...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I have good news for those of you wanting more power and longer flight times...I tested some ne Turnigy NanoTech 35-70C 300mAh 2S batts in my AS3X Beast 3D...I tached the 2500kv motor around 11800-11950 RPM with the NanoTechs...I then tesed my 25C 240mAh G3 Hyperion batts and got around 11500-11650 RPM...TheNanoTechs weigh exactly the same as my Hyperions...

Kevin
I looked at those, but I assume you need a JST to JST PH (Eflite?) adapter to make them work? How did you make them work? I assume you need to use the JST power plug and cannot just replace the JST XH balance plug?
jpt1205 is online now Find More Posts by jpt1205
Last edited by jpt1205; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
I looked at those, but I assume you need a JST to JST PH (Eflite?) adapter to make them work?
Or a nice soldering iron. That way you don't get the resistance associated with the adapters.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,712 Posts
Quote:
This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. Ill catch up with yall in a couple days.
Congrats with your MiG!! This was my first EDF as well and I LOVE IT!! The MiG had me wanting to try a "bigger" EDF so I picked up a Habu1 as well as a Sky Angel ASM 50mm EDF (that's my first non-HH plane!). The Habu is stable & fast (8 flights now with the Habu) & the ASM is squirrely but the MiG is AMAZING!!
I hope the next micro to be released after the ASK-21 will be an EDF!!! Any type of EDF!! Micro Habu, F-18, F-16, F-15 or even an L-39 since the Albatross seems to be a popular EDF. I'll be placing an order for more Babbel Batts for sure, LOL!!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:36 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Kevin
Good info Kevin, thanks! by sheer coincidence I ordered a few of that exact battery when I was ordering some bigger nano techs, but wasnt too sure if they would be any good. Now I cant wait to give them a go. Only pain will be replacing the plug with the Mig 3-pin plug.
Do you think the balance leads on that little nano-tech are big enough to be used for powering the Mig? then I can just chop of the JST plug and wires the battery came with.
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer