HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:21 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
135 Posts
Help, I am very confused. This morning I disassembled the MIG. The tape holding the servo wires was slightly loose on one side of the motor. I replaced it and reassembled the MIG. I pluged in one of the batteries I was using yesterday and the thrust seemed just fine. I had five charged batteries left over from yesterday so I went out and put the MIG through five flights. It flew just fine with no issues. The only difference between yesterday and today is the temperature. Yesterday was very hot and humid and this morning was cool with low humidity. I do not understand what is happening. I have never seen a motor come back to life. If it was a battery problem then I motor should not have sounded as good as it did nor would the same battery be fine today without being charged.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:34 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
135 Posts
Forgive me I completely forgot one thing. Three days ago one of the leads at the battery connector of the receiver pulled loose. I removed the shrink wrap and silicone seal and resoldered both wires. I the sealed them both in silicone and after the silicone dried I painted them with liquid electrical tape. However, I do not believe that this could produce the same symptoms.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:41 AM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,308 Posts
Crash and burned today she did not want to fly inverted lol full speed nose dive in to the ground.......Oh well soon to be some guts for sale ha ha ha
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:42 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
Crash and burned today she did not want to fly inverted lol full speed nose dive in to the ground.......Oh well soon to be some guts for sale ha ha ha
PM me about guts

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:46 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Ordered my MiG last night.
About time!!
Thought you had one!!

If not, you will love it. Especially with the TP 325's. The MA 300's are nice, but the TP 325/2, 65C are really the only way to fly! (pun intended).

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
I love this jet! I've been flying with Lectron Pro 300mAh 35C 2S packs and they work great.

Vic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOKW...1&feature=plcp
vicentel is online now Find More Posts by vicentel
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:18 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
870 Posts
I cought the last of the good weather this weekend, 5th flight on the umMig15.
So I felt brave enough to give the stock Jpower 35mm Mig a try. I flew them back-to back. The Jpower Mig is a real handful, doesnt want to step-on, kept wanting to bank left, but it was fun and I didnt crash it. The tempramental keychain camera decided to work for both flights

The main thing I took away from these flights is that tall grass + EPO + lightweight model means practically no damage in a crash. Even after those 3 bad launches the Jpower Mig had no sqashing on the nose and I find it difficult to see any scratches.

I'm never flying over mown grass again

Eflite umMig15 flight 5 (3 min 49 sec)

Mig15 Jpower35mm flight 1 (3 min 54 sec)
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,762 Posts
Greenflyer - I could be very wrong here, but everything about that Jpower Mig's performance seemed to scream "TAIL HEAVY" - any chance you can slide that battery way forward? That should help a lot - my guess is the tendency to drop the left wing is indicative of an impending tip stall.

Nice flying, by the way!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
Just ordered mine finally! Should be here tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime shipping. Next day shipping for $4! Anyway has anyone tried these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Greenflyer - I could be very wrong here, but everything about that Jpower Mig's performance seemed to scream "TAIL HEAVY" - any chance you can slide that battery way forward? That should help a lot - my guess is the tendency to drop the left wing is indicative of an impending tip stall.

Nice flying, by the way!
Thanks!

I thought it was tail heavy too, it just wanted to sit on its back side during launch.
But the confusing thing is when it got going it constantly wanted to nose-down and bank left. Although I admit I did trim it a bit nose-down just before launch, but I corrected it during flight.
It was fun to fly because it was a challenge, and didnt care if I crashed it, and it seemed indestructable anyway (on that long grass).

Still I prefer the Eflite Mig any day
They just need to start making it out of EPO (in a clever way to keep it light)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:34 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer View Post
Thanks!

I thought it was tail heavy too, it just wanted to sit on its back side during launch.
But the confusing thing is when it got going it constantly wanted to nose-down and bank left. Although I admit I did trim it a bit nose-down just before launch, but I corrected it during flight.
It was fun to fly because it was a challenge, and didnt care if I crashed it, and it seemed indestructable anyway (on that long grass).

Still I prefer the Eflite Mig any day
They just need to start making it out of EPO (in a clever way to keep it light)
There is nothing unusual here!
A tail heavy plane needs down trim to balance for a certain speed. As the speed increases this trim ends up flying the plane downwards.

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Thought you had one!!

If not, you will love it. Especially with the TP 325's. The MA 300's are nice, but the TP 325/2, 65C are really the only way to fly! (pun intended).

RD
RD,

I have five boys.
(Ages 10~25)
None of them have the slightest interest in RC.

Finally hooked my youngest brother.
He was a natural.
After about 10 min on the trainer cord, he purchased a UM Sukhoi and flew it for many months.
Later he got totally hooked on his full size Stryker and Stryker 180.
They were his favs!
Totaled them both because of a tx issue last summer.
Had the radio repaired and basically hasn't flown since.
I was waiting for him...
Almost succeeded.
Bummer!!

rc

FedEx says Friday.
Plan to maiden her on 2S and will take her to 3S from then on.
My (3S) Beast 3D is at 225 flights as of this morning.
My 3SBach is at 100.
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
.....Finally hooked my youngest brother.
He was a natural......
Is he the one who flies the Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick in the living room?

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Is he the one who flies the Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick in the living room?

Yep.

Looks like he has moved on to kiteboarding.

I'll get him back!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
There is nothing unusual here!
A tail heavy plane needs down trim to balance for a certain speed. As the speed increases this trim ends up flying the plane downwards.

Tony
Thanks Tony! I will try to move the centre of gravity forwards. Another interesting principle of flight learned.

Last week when i was trying to maiden the eflite Mig I learned another one. Didnt throw it hard enough and it was just gently stalling/landing, and I tried to bank left, it banked right. I tried to bank right, it banked left. Control reversal!
Not knowing I thought it was the transmitter, but it wasnt. So I looked it up on google when I got home. Its fun to experince these things in person