HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:20 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
I switched out the battery plug and put in the JST one so I can use the TP 250 25c 2s it gives a little more gas and a little more humph. Fits in nicely in the battery holder nice and snug. Will also put a small CF rod under the horizontal stab (along the angled line there) to re-enforce the stab it needs it. Other than that it should be good to fly. Sure beats the CC in every way
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:30 PM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
My god thanks for the tip on the mini avt batts i have some coming and it showed them as being plug and play on the web site ,got any pics of the plug ends ?
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:39 PM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
He is show them in a sbash , is said they are for the mig
http://www.miniaviation.com/UMX_300.html
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:25 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=RAGE=- View Post
Feel free to watch my MiG 15 video. Taken yesterday, on a windy, cloudy day. Also tested the new mylipo 2s 240mAh batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoGAHffu3c&hd=1
Used a trial version of RCSpeedo on those two runs past the camera around 2:15, first run was 45mph and the second was around 50 mph.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:34 PM
Volts times Amps = Wot?
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesodell View Post
My god thanks for the tip on the mini avt batts i have some coming and it showed them as being plug and play on the web site ,got any pics of the plug ends ?
Here's a pic. from bottom to top:

e-flite standard battery
MiniAviation 210mAh
MiniAviation 300mAh

Great response form MiniAviation. they just identified the problem this afternoon and are trying to contact any affected customers; and they will cover the cost of the board. Can't expect any much more than that; everyone makes mistakes
jeezeypeeps is offline Find More Posts by jeezeypeeps
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
3D... the only way to fly!
Kissimmee
Joined Apr 2010
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezeypeeps View Post
Here's a pic. from bottom to top:

e-flite standard battery
MiniAviation 210mAh
MiniAviation 300mAh

Great response form MiniAviation. they just identified the problem this afternoon and are trying to contact any affected customers; and they will cover the cost of the board. Can't expect any much more than that; everyone makes mistakes

Did they indicate to you the extent of the manufacturing error?

Are there ten thousand, or was it just a few?
snjbird is offline Find More Posts by snjbird
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Anyone else underwhelmed by the performance? My Sbach with the only mod being a gws5030 prop is faster, more responsive, handles wind better, accelerates quicker. I know this is apples to oranges a little but a prop acro plane is faster than a edf mig? Is something wrong with my mig maybe. I've only got 2 flights on it but it just seems underpowered. It does glide really well I'll give it that!

I fly in a relatively small area roughly 200ft x 150ft. I didn't notice much acceleration along the straight lines aside from the obvious amount as soon as the turn finished. I even flew it up a little higher and tried diving for speed, this bled off on the straight level. Also, even with AS3X I was getting a noticeable dutch roll when hands off straight and level.

Any thoughts?

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:15 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Anyone else underwhelmed by the performance? My Sbach with the only mod being a gws5030 prop is faster, more responsive, handles wind better, accelerates quicker. I know this is apples to oranges a little but a prop acro plane is faster than a edf mig? Is something wrong with my mig maybe. I've only got 2 flights on it but it just seems underpowered. It does glide really well I'll give it that!

I fly in a relatively small area roughly 200ft x 150ft. I didn't notice much acceleration along the straight lines aside from the obvious amount as soon as the turn finished. I even flew it up a little higher and tried diving for speed, this bled off on the straight level. Also, even with AS3X I was getting a noticeable dutch roll when hands off straight and level.

Any thoughts?

-Brian

I suspect that you'd find a very eager secondary market if you remain disapointed enough to sell it.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:16 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,100 Posts
Picked mine up at the LHS and ran it there. EVERYONE was thoroughly impressed with how well balanced the fan/motor is - there was absolutely no vibration.

Anxious to hear what the next little jet will be!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
3D... the only way to fly!
Kissimmee
Joined Apr 2010
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Picked mine up at the LHS and ran it there. EVERYONE was thoroughly impressed with how well balanced the fan/motor is - there was absolutely no vibration.

Anxious to hear what the next little jet will be!

Gene K
I have my fingers crossed for a 262

Quote:

Any thoughts?

-Brian
I think the Sbach is the best flying UMX they make, it does not really need AS3X...

It's going to be a hard act to follow, no matter what!

But I think the Mig is what it is... a EDF warbird MICRO, I am pretty pleased it performs as well as it does, and I think it flies very nice. It looks like a million bucks, and it sounds like jet warbird. I would only wish for retracts, I know it's a crack pipe fantasy, but hey while we're dreaming!
snjbird is offline Find More Posts by snjbird
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
I would only wish for retracts, I know it's a crack pipe fantasy, but hey while we're dreaming!
Me too! Even though my plane is due to arrive on monday I kept looking the last few days for micro retracts.
I think they could be made out of 0.5mm carbon fiber sheet. I found tiny wooden ones at 0.9g so half or maybe less can be achieved with cf.
But I still can't figure out to activate them all with one servo.
Also this will probably require a 3S mod no matter how light...

so far... just a dream...
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:47 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
I have my fingers crossed for a 262

I think the Sbach is the best flying UMX they make, it does not really need AS3X...

It's going to be a hard act to follow, no matter what!

But I think the Mig is what it is... a EDF warbird MICRO, I am pretty pleased it performs as well as it does, and I think it flies very nice. It looks like a million bucks, and it sounds like jet warbird. I would only wish for retracts, I know it's a crack pipe fantasy, but hey while we're dreaming!
Hmm, mine has a minor but noticeable vibration on static runups. Also the dutch roll, is that normal on this plane?
Yeah I know it is never going to be an Sbach, but I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. I honestly feel my stock 4S habu has more performance for its scale than the mig.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:55 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Mine was flying well until I ditched it, still trying to figure out how things went so pear shaped for me to crash the way I did, it happened so fast, and I could not get the plane under enough control to fix the situation.

I remember testing rudder control, when things went downhill (I think the plane tipped over, and after that I lost control). Perhaps someone can speak to this.

Also, can you explain what a dutch roll is?
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
jeezeypeeps
what did they say they are going to do about the ones that are already out there ? are all the 300 that way
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:13 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post

Any thoughts?

-Brian
Prop vs edf doesn't matter that much in planes this size. I have 800mm T28 that will keep up with and pass most artr edf's in its size. Its a head turner for sure. My point is under in a certain speed range (let's say (sub 100mph), prop vs edf really doesn't matter in speed. Instant punch/acceleration always goes to prop even in real aircraft.

Mine needed a good bit of clicks of trimming. I just checked it and the ailerons weren't as level as I thought they were. I just adjust them and hope to try tonight. I needed 3 or 4 clicks of left ail trim to get her to fly straight.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401