LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Lol don't forget where ya got the idea there puggy
Picture 65 WAY back...
BTW, the CF shish kabob idea (which is what the recent post -- #1510 -- was talking about!) is credited to Husafreak.

You get credit for the CFsingle-spar horizontal stabilizer reinforcement and the plastic-spoon servo cover.

So there.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Hahahahahahahahaa.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1168

You should file for patents!

LMAO, nice edit there "today"! ..

Thanks man, You made my day!!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:
BTW, the CF shish kabob idea (which is what the recent post -- #1510 -- was talking about!) is credited to Husafreak.

You get credit for the CFsingle-spar horizontal stabilizer reinforcement and the plastic-spoon servo cover.

So there.

I was going to claim that single piece spar idea but I see that Eastcoast78 beat me by two posts 1001 vs 1003. I do have the first pic of it though!

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
Although the price is high its worth the extra 30 or 40 dollars. They have alot of technology in this little thing. I love my mig and my beast. The umx can handle wind. While all my non small umx friends are packing it up i'm flying!! Now other companies will be copying this technology and we will see a bunch of cheap knock offs.
I buy those "other" chinese planes and i like flying them. But eflite products have great quality ( my opinion ).
+1 that!! Groundbreaking tech this little Mig IMHO. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovechampion View Post
In my previous post I forgot to mention my mod to the elevator.

Seeming how the new fuse I bought came in a pretty sturdy (1mm??) thick plastic packaging, I traced my new un-assembled elevator into a part of the packaging and then cut out the shape with a hobby knife.

The result is I have a single piece of clear plastic that sits on the underside of each of the elevator halves that is joined in the middle. Its glued in and clear packaging taped into place.

I left the actual moving part of the elevator free from the plastic treatment though.

If you go this route, youll have to use an emory board or similar to shave off some of the hole wear the new elevators sit.

The result is a reinforced elevator, flys just like it did without the mod.

Regards,
Nath.
I highly recommend this modification. I did this with my new fuse and tail assembly. I siliconed it into place and it is stronger and lighter that the flat lengths of carbon fiber that I epoxied to my old stabilizers. Thank you for a great and simple idea.
impmotor is offline Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
Although the price is high its worth the extra 30 or 40 dollars. They have alot of technology in this little thing. I love my mig and my beast. The umx can handle wind. While all my non small umx friends are packing it up i'm flying!! Now other companies will be copying this technology and we will see a bunch of cheap knock offs.
I buy those "other" chinese planes and i like flying them. But eflite products have great quality ( my opinion ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Ok! I'll buy every type of UMX EDF they put out but my personal favorite would be a micro Panther. There's just something about that plane that's really appealing to me.
Yes!!! More micro EDFs,,, but personally I'd like to see a 300 sized EDF kinda along the lines of the new E Flite 300 size Zero also one of my new favs along with this little Mig. I can fly both these planes in a much smaller area than my big planes,, and it would be great if this 300 sized edf had ASX tech as well!!
Are you listening E Flite??? :-)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impmotor View Post
I highly recommend this modification. I did this with my new fuse and tail assembly. I siliconed it into place and it is stronger and lighter that the flat lengths of carbon fiber that I epoxied to my old stabilizers. Thank you for a great and simple idea.
This seems like an excellent mod, too.

Unless you're the Chuck Yeager of RC aviation, the MiG elevator definitely needs SOMETHING!

Did you consider doing the same thing to the horizontal stabilizer? The tricky thing is........that it's desirable to have both sides (left and right) reinforced together. Otherwise, it will crease/bend/break at the middle. This is where Thomas Alva "Eastcoast78" Edison's single-spar CF approach pays-off.

Dave

Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Anybody here have this mig AND the GP saber??? How do the two compare??
Is it worth getting the saber ?? Or will I be dissapointed after having flown the Mig many many times and loving it?? :-)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Anybody here have this mig AND the GP saber??? How do the two compare??
Is it worth getting the saber ?? Or will I be dissapointed after having flown the Mig many many times and loving it?? :-)
They are very similar in terms of performance. The Sabre is not as stable as the Mig. There is not enough different between them to justify getting both especially seeing as IMHO the Mig is slightly more advanced and very slightly better.

*These are my personal feelings, YMMV

-Brian
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,440 Posts
Quote:
This is where Thomas Alva "Eastcoast78" Edison's single-spar CF approach pays-off.

Dave

toot tooot...sorry that was my horn!!

I think someone actually copied my Picture, posted it as a mod they did! and i called them out on it haha
then they went and did there own plane...something like that..

I posted my Mod picture once! Maybe i should post it every second page to keep $ H I T fresh!!
NOT....

You forgot to mention the NON breakable Nose gear! When my new found Parkflying friend picked up his MIG15, less then a week his was broke!
He was saying one day how it broke. Lucky i had a spare one in da box!

Its not so much of being a "Thomas Edison" per say! Any half wit brained RC er well take one look at the HOZ Stab and realized that some BEEFING up is a no brainier mod to do...

I Like giving credit when Credit is do! As it was my friend who suggested the Spoon Mod! It worked like a charm.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Quote:

I think someone actually copied my Picture, posted it as a mod they did! and i called them out on it haha
then they went and did there own plane...something like that......I Like giving credit when Credit is do!......
Hey.....wait a minute......this is getting weird.........

I hope you're not saying that I copied your picture, or that I posted your mod as a mod that I originated?

Because I didn't....I used my own photo of my own plane (if you disagree with that, kindly post the alleged copycat photos side-by-side!).........and when I wrote about the mods, I very clearly and expressly said that they are copies of others' ideas.

See this exact quote of the key part of my post, exactly as I posted it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1171

Please excuse me if I'm misunderstanding........I'm confused......

Dave

Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:

then they went and did there own plane...something like that..

You forgot to mention the NON breakable Nose gear!
No, Dave he's talking about me. See posts 1001 thru 1003.

Yeah if look back at the posts, I took the photo of your horizontal tail before you had the CF single spar there and photoshoped a line where the CF should go. I did post it before you posted your final one though (thinking back maybe you looked at my pic and then did it....) You didn't need to call me out on it, as I stated up front that it was a photoshop job just to show everyone how it should look.

Now that nose gear, That is a GREAT mod that anyone without the smoothest of asphalt will eventually need! Even then one plop and it's back to the building board to bend a new one.

-Brian
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Good grief.

Here's another great idea.*

Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Please excuse me if I'm misunderstanding........I'm confused......

Dave

I have NEVER seen that pic you posted Pug!! But that is hilarious, you always attach good pics!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut