HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Apr 2011
303 Posts
Discussion
0606i Store Mode on a 1s LiPo - problems - FIXED

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the Hyperion 0606i's store mode for LiPo batteries on a 1S battery. The battery is plugged into hyperion's parallel charge board and is the only battery plugged into it. The only other thing connected to the parallel charge board is the 1S 'balance adapter' cable sold by Hyperion specifically for this purpose. It runs from an empty port on the parallel charge board to the balance port on the charger.

This hookup seems right to me but the charger complains that the balance connector is not connected, and then immediately after complains about an open circuit - check the battery connection.

I can charge batteries just fine with this setup but I'm wondering why it won't let me use the store mode. I've checked all the connections away from the charger with my multimeter and they seem good so it's not as if I have a faulty balance connector (yes, everyone knows its not really a balance connector I'm not sure what else to call it).

The image at the bottom of this page is exactly how I'm setup albeit in my case with just a single lipo on the parallel board.

I'll keep testing, as I've only just got the charger, but thought perhaps someone may know. I have all the parts Hyperion say I should have for using store mode on a 1s lipo but no luck.

My suspicion is that this has to do with the parallel board, in effect the parallel connection might look like an open circuit to the charger? Meh, what do I know, I was lead to believe this works so hopefully someone who has done this might chime in.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
ThermalSniffer is offline Find More Posts by ThermalSniffer
Last edited by ThermalSniffer; Jun 29, 2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Problem solved
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Apr 2011
303 Posts
An update, plugging a 2s JST XH battery into the balance port using an adapter board works just fine to get into storage mode. It seems specific to the 1s battery situation described above.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
2,543 Posts
There was a wiring issue with some of the earlier 1S balance adapters. If you got some older stock, then you may have this problem.

This is what the adapter should look like. Pictured is the 7S version for my EOS720i, however you can see the 6S version still in the package beside it. I actually got one of the defective ones and simply repaired it by using a small screwdriver to lift the plastic retainer, remove the pin, and re-insert in the correct slot.
philipa_240sx is offline Find More Posts by philipa_240sx
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
2,543 Posts
And here is the incorrect wiring from the Hyperion website... still cannot believe they didn't fix it yet!

Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
303 Posts
Wow, talk about obscure problems Having a look at how the XH adapter board is wired and comparing it to my 1s 'balance adapter' and then the 1s 'balance adapter' to yours showing the correct wiring leads me to believe, that yes, this is the issue. I'll come back and let you and the forum know in due course

Your answer has been very helpful, thank you.

Re. your second post. Yip 100% certain I have the incorrect wiring on the 1s balance adapter. Thank you again!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
303 Posts
Your solution worked Thanks! I was worried this would take ages to diagnose but you got it in one. I'm very impressed and very happy!

Simon

PS. I'll be writing to the vendor to let them know about this issue in order to help others avoid it in future.
Last edited by ThermalSniffer; Jun 29, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
2,543 Posts
Glad I could help!