SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by ted99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Sold
Deans Marine HMS Skirmisher "Scout"-class Light Cruiser

Unbuilt and complete kit, including 2 motors with integral shafts and props. Been in my closet for years and I'm not going to get to it. $275 plus shipping from Houston, TX

Correction: "Scout-Class" light Cruiser circa 1915
ted99 is offline Find More Posts by ted99
Last edited by ted99; Jul 01, 2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:32 PM
USA, NY, Burnt Hills
Joined Aug 2008
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
For Sale Deans Marine HMS Skirmisher Destroyer

Would you be interested in a trade?
WinglessB is offline Find More Posts by WinglessB
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
No--I've got more than I'll ever build, now. Looking to thin out the collection of "closet queens". Just listed it on e-bay on basic auction. Users of this forum can get it for the fixed price, until I get a bid on e-bay.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 02:45 PM
Iowa
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
PM sent

In-d-boat
in-d-boat is offline Find More Posts by in-d-boat
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
I was asked if it came complete with fittings. Yes. There are a number of printed sheets with stapled envelopes containing white metal fittings. I have just looked closely at these for the first time (they are under the hull) and it looks to be pretty comprehensive. The rudder is fabricated brass and the railings are photo-etched brass. The hull is fiberglas, the deck is plastic and the stacks are vac-formed plastic. The superstructure appears to be built up from wood. So far as I can tell, it's not a Billing-type kit where you have to buy a fittings kit. (I've got one of those less a discontinued fittings kit--"Danneborg". Over the years, I've put things that seemed to be applicable into kit boxes and I added a pair of integrated electric motors, shafts and props to the box. The props appear to be the correct size, but they are not contra-rotating and they didn't come with the kit. Everything that came with the kit is still there. I bought this fron the "Model Dockyard" in Greenwich, UK back in the 80's and brought it home as overhead bin luggage. Been in my closet (actually 3, as I moved twice) ever since.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE: As I was looking more closely at this, it's listed as a "Scout" Class Light Cruiser, not a Destroyer as I first thought.
Last edited by ted99; Jul 01, 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
Just noticed the one listed by Hampboats. His is different from mine, as his fittings are in plastic trays, where mine are in envelopes stapled to sheets of paper and I don't see the motor shafts in mine (but the included motors do have shafts and props). I suspect that mine is an earlier version (or a "non-export" version).
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Iowa
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Pay-Pal sent to ya Ted!

Thanks again!

In-d-boat
in-d-boat is offline Find More Posts by in-d-boat
Closed Thread