HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
3flyguy3, I have both units on the same side on my first plane and I have to offset the battery a little so it tracks straight in a large loop. I will be changing to placing the esc and rec on opposite sides of the nose
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:12 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
Here you go IflyRCs Quick and dirty, but shows something. The plane was unharmed after the tree encounter at the end. It was very breezy.

http://youtu.be/yyWtq_g2Xt8
I see what I been doing wrong. You suppose to fly around the trees. Not through the trees.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:10 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
I see what I been doing wrong. You suppose to fly around the trees. Not through the trees.
Ahhhhhhhhh.. that's it!
nightfox7 is online now Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:17 PM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post

You mean they don't go out of phase and pass through obstacles!!? I'm in trouble....

RightcoastRC is offline Find More Posts by RightcoastRC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightcoastRC View Post
You mean they don't go out of phase and pass through obstacles!!? I'm in trouble....

LOL if there is a Glitch I bet Ill find it..lol
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:36 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
802 Posts
plane finally arrived today and i allready have glue drying as i type this. i am using http://www.elmers.com/product/detail...terPath=cement for glue since welders isnt available in canada due to one of its chemicals. gonna see if i can have it up and flying this weekend for two indoor events one that i am hosting. will have photos up soon i hope, glueing photos are boring of a white plane, when its painted i will share.

btw the tamaya paint line is safe on epp foam right?
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:57 PM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
I think all paints are safe on epp. I can rub white EPP with acetone and it don't touch it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:13 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxnut View Post
I think all paints are safe on epp. I can rub white EPP with acetone and it don't touch it.
You are correct sir!

However, paints that are flexible when dry are the best. For example... Krylon Fusion.

JC
JC Spohr is online now Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll View Post
plane finally arrived today and i allready have glue drying as i type this. i am using http://www.elmers.com/product/detail...terPath=cement for glue since welders isnt available in canada due to one of its chemicals. gonna see if i can have it up and flying this weekend for two indoor events one that i am hosting. will have photos up soon i hope, glueing photos are boring of a white plane, when its painted i will share.

btw the tamaya paint line is safe on epp foam right?
Glad the plane finally arrived, a few holidays must have thrown delivery off a few days. Looking forward to photos. If you can get photos or video's of the indoor flights that would be cool too.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:50 AM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Continued from pg. 50 / post #745

Got more done, more of the fliddely stuff. Motor mount and pie shaped pieces colored and glued in place, tail skid installed, rudder brace carbon ( not part of the kit ), and two of the four pushrods built...
and spent a little time with the young man and his Ford six rebuild. Cheated death by a few close hours due to a bout with the "flesh eating bacteria"...it's good to have him around.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:57 AM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
minor typing error above..

" I place the rudder over to full travel in the "pulling" direction of the pushrod, that places the carbon rod closest to the body. this is where I set the guide plates which gives a straight line at full surface deflection. I want the pushrod to be straight when the load is the greatest."
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:23 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,039 Posts
You can always add relevant build pics to the first post,or links to the sections in the thread with tips etc on slicko set up specific posts. As threads get bigger some will have questions that have been answered several times but it can easily be overlooked when information on the assembly or set ups are scattered throughout big threads. Not difficult for me to find stuff,easy to use the search thread features on big threads but it may be helpful to others and consolidate the most useful posts in the thread on the first page. Reserving a post or two on the first page of build threads helps for adding important content later that many will find useful as well.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
You can always add relevant build pics to the first post,or links to the sections in the thread with tips etc on slicko set up specific posts. As threads get bigger some will have questions that have been answered several times but it can easily be overlooked when information on the assembly or set ups are scattered throughout big threads. Not difficult for me to find stuff,easy to use the search thread features on big threads but it may be helpful to others and consolidate the most useful posts in the thread on the first page. Reserving a post or two on the first page of build threads helps for adding important content later that many will find useful as well.
I co-sign that thought. It's very difficult when building to jump and search around. rather than finding the info on one page/continuous pages.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
wish I had known about reserving a page or two...doh. This thread has become good size after other subject matter found it's way in. The beginning of the thread was the beginning of my exposure to this plane and EPP in general, and looking over the build of the blue one, there is a lot I have done different on the current build, and I am seeing things I will do different again for my son's build of the red one...do I document those also or not ? The changing to wood spars makes things different also with the length of the body changing, ect.

I would like to see a thread just for tips and how to, and would be happy to port the information over from this one, but don't know how....just a little behind the times on computer skills.
Get Real, one question I have for you is...why is the 2 build videos you have on youtube labeled "private" ?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
383 Posts
Maxx, I was thinking, with your permission, I would like to assemble a detailed build guide pdf file of all this very useful info you have in here, and sorry bout the Rf version stuff making its way in, it was the only thread I could find on the Slicko.
RightcoastRC is offline Find More Posts by RightcoastRC