HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,164 Posts
Thanks Kevin! I'm flying whenever i have the chance

after i got it out of the tree
RCPB Slicko messing around in yard (5 min 59 sec)
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
A 49(.073) is the sweet spot, it's a nice fit. My son has been bending the z and v bends for extra spending money.. He hates the v-bends. He'd be happy to see me go to the connectors.
Khen are you saying the ones on your site are a good way to go, require no drilling? Or are you planning on adding the Dubro # 845 Mini EZ connectors to your site? While I finally got the current set up working, I'd like to have some on hand for this and future builds.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:01 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
I'll be going with the ones on the site to keep costs down. They require you drill the servo arm or control horn with a 49 (.073") drill bit or 1.8mm metric. I don't use a drill, I just turn the bit by hand. In a pinch you can carefully bore the hole with an xacto knife but the bit is ideal. I've used them successfully on planes up to 28oz. They install easily with the nut, you only snug the nut so the connector still turns freely and then drop some medium loctite on the nut/threads. They're easy to remove for re-use.

The connectors on the RC Factory plane look to be he same as the ones on the Hacker planes I sell. They have a tiny shaft that fit the arm without drilling. They must come out of the Czech Republic.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by WickedFunRC; Jul 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:30 AM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,164 Posts
EZ connectors will be a nice addition to the kit

Also... how do you want your ailerons adjusted?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
One other thing that the v-bends do (in theory) Is provide a bit of shock absortion on impact so that the servo doesn't take the brunt of it. But in the case here I don't think it will be a concern.

A good way to tighten up z-bends is to put a drop of CA at the z-bend/servo arm. After a few seconds you slowely turn the arm back and forth so the z-bends stay free. I thought that was crazy at first, but it really does fill the gaps so there is no slop. I'm certain you can do that with the connectors if you drill it to big as well.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,164 Posts
you know it was a good day when you have to come home and repair something

Whats the best way to fix this? I was trying to do an inverted low pass..
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Best way to repair the hinge is to hold it in place and run a small bead of goop or e6000 down the seem. Then flaten the bead with your finger a scrap of foam or old razor blade. Hold them together for a couple of minutes and then let it dry. You can also embed/glue some dental floss at the top and bottom of the hinge while you are at it to help stop it from tearing again. You can't kill a slicko, only wound it temporarily.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:50 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,164 Posts
Okay sweet, I have gooo that I have done hinges with before I just didn't know if there was a better way to do it
And I will do the dental floss!

That's what it seems I'm running out if props
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,153 Posts
Your're running out of props, and I don'dt have any batteries..."cough, cough"
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:38 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxnut View Post
Your're running out of props, and I don'dt have any batteries..."cough, cough"
I have bad news on the batteries. The new "35C" 350, 450 and 600mAh batteries have turned out to be weak in my testing. I'd rate them at 20C. I'm extremely bummed givin that they took forever to receive and I took a leap of faith and stockpiled on a bunch of them. The old 440's were a solid 25C battery. I'm now frantically trying to come up with a different brand of cell.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:11 AM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,164 Posts
I may get flamed for this... But what about the turnigy nano-tech batteries? How do they hold a light to other batteries?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Blasphemy! Just kidding. The only Nanotechs I have tried are the 160mAh 1S cells and they were decent. I have some in the cart as a stop gap until I can find some better 35C cells. I here they are solid.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
I have a couple of 4S 850 Nano Techs I've tested them on CBA and they are really 700mha usable. In flight they do fine, durability so far so good they have maybe 30 cycles on them I just finished a 4S Sbach so they are about to go back in service. I think they are OK for the money. Just as a reference even top dollar batteries rarely are capable of what they are labeled. But usually considerably more accurate than the less expensive high power packs.
That's my take on Nano's, really stopped by to check out this plane I think my wallet is starting to defy gravity... as it seems to be slipping out of my pocket.
At 20C the 450 is good for 9A. Intuition would lead me to think that should supply good performance on an airframe this weight.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,153 Posts
Got a little more build time in with my son on his yellow bird (pried him away from G.F.). Focused on installing the aileron servo and linkage while the upper body was still off, gives more room to work. Then glued on the upper body and carefully set and checked it for alighment. Can't wait for some combat...
WATCH YER SIX KID !!!
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,388 Posts
Where can I get replacement screws that are found on the prop saver (motor) for the Slicko?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3