SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Oct 2008
7 Posts
Discussion
FrSky v8HT install in JR XP7202

I looked thru the thread on this but didn,t find what i needed. I think i found the 3 wires going to the rf board( right on top after taking off back) but do you cut the wires off& solder these on or just peel the insulation and add this to them. Thanks for any help. helibuster
helibuster is offline Find More Posts by helibuster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Oct 2008
7 Posts
I have looked at all of these, they are using the board out of plug in modules. I have just about made the decision to wire the FrSky v8HT parallel with the 3 wires that are the same color on the rf board. I was hoping someone had done this before & maybe keep me from burning it out. These instructions(if you can call them that) that came with the diy module are useless. Thanks for any and all help, helibuster
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
528 Posts
What brand of 2.4 are you using?

The present most simple upgrade would be the FrSky DHT-U that clamps to the 72 MHz antenna and has three wires to hook up to the JR 7202 TX.

You get a 7 channel system with telemetry and LCD display in one simple package.

Micro SD card slot to capture telemetry data to and to upgrade the FrSky firm ware.

You don't list a location but Aloft Hobbies sells the FrSky products in the USA and they are usually cheaper than Hobby King.

My experience is one JR PCM10X with module and full telemetry in a Eflight Taylor craft 450 and one DHT-U module updating a Royal Electronics (Denver, CO) Omega 7 channel system from 1982.
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Oct 2008
7 Posts
I got it installed & range checked today. I ended up taking the rf board out & just using the FrSky v8rf. I connected the ground from rf to the new rf wire & it worked. The v8FR-2 receiver binds fast-i think i am going to like it. helibuster.