HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,020 Posts
Illinois gets that kind of stuff all the time it seems. Been in the 100 area for almost 2 weeks, going down to 80 by Monday. It will have over a few minutes with wind, rain, hail, and these funny-looking clouds that go round-and-round.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:39 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,776 Posts
We have had an extended stretch of 90+ temps which is not usual for June/July for us. On the 5th it hit 103. Summerfest is having a bad run because there is a land breeze so no relief from the lake. What's worse is the drought. We are about 4" behind in rainfall. The corn crops may fail, milk production is down from the heat, and the false spring in March damaged the cherry, maple syrup, and apple crops.

On top of that our home pond is a foot low so we can't run in the swampy water.
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:38 PM
GSMB Member
United States, NJ, Howell
Joined Mar 2008
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420TEE View Post
104 yesterday, same for several more days, no rain in weeks or in the foreseeable future. Bought a generator yesterday in case of power failure. Wife home recupping from open heart surgery and lose of A/C could kill her.
How are you guys doing in TN? Staying cool? Wife doing OK?

Seems the whole USA is in a heat thing. Fires here and there, heat on the East coast.
ken_nj is online now Find More Posts by ken_nj
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:33 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_nj View Post

Seems the whole USA is in a heat thing. Fires here and there, heat on the East coast.
She's coming along slowly. Thanks for asking. Electricity doing OK so far but just looked at the radar and looks like a long night coming. Most sleep I get at a time is 3 hours what with prepping and giving her meds. Nine more days.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:58 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,606 Posts
That's not a dock, it's a staging table so you can put your boats in the water.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
We just came home from Oklahoma, where it was touching 100, and we thought that was hot.

Coming back, we passed through Illinois, Indiana and Ohio, and I watched as the car's outside thermometer went up and down from 102 to 107 degrees.

I felt sorry for the folks in Illinois with the 107 degrees---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:34 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,840 Posts
we were going to leave on motorcycle trip this am, but the record heat (106 here yesterday) slammed my wife, she overdid it outside trying to finish up her gardens, was doing the whole lots of water thing, cooling off inside, came inside and about an hour later started vomiting everything, headache and body aches,not wanting to mess around we went to the ER, she got two liters IV and some anti-nausea stuff, perked up after a bit.. we may head out tuesday depending on how she feels today..(spending a sunday evening in a large hospital ER waiting room was quite a show)
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
We just came home from Oklahoma, where it was touching 100, and we thought that was hot.

Coming back, we passed through Illinois, Indiana and Ohio, and I watched as the car's outside thermometer went up and down from 102 to 107 degrees.

I felt sorry for the folks in Illinois with the 107 degrees---.
You should have stopped by for a cold #25 amongst the heat.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:47 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,586 Posts
Herr Schrott, you live in some wild azz country side!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:57 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Herr Schrott, you live in some wild azz country side!
I love it, it keeps you on your toes and it is extremly beautiful. If ya ever come
in this direction, bring a boat and I show you some of the most beautiful country you have ever seen.
No boat no show, Herr Kmot.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:04 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
The heat finally broke here in Richmond. It's ONLY 85 here right now..

humid as all get out mind you, But I'll take 20odd degrees less out.

It always feels really nice in the brewery when I get in around 7am, by mid day that sun has been beating down on that big, flat uninsulated roof.

I think i've mentioned it before, I live in an attic apartment, and while the rest of the house has central air, the apartment does not, in fact, the air handler for the rest of the house is behind one of the knee walls.
it was getting quite unbearable up there with the on 6000btu window AC, and the 3000btu unit that works when it wants to So last week I broke down and spent $300 on a brand new 12,000 btu unit and that REALLY helped!
any bigger than that and I would have to run a dedicated 220volt line up there.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_nj View Post

Stay cool for the rest of ya.
Here in the PNW it's finally getting warm and comfortable. We actually are having some great weather now if looking for releif with sun and temps in the low to mid 70's. Possibly get some mid 80's this weekend. I am not complaining as thankfull we have not had the heat issues most of the rest of this country have had!!
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:23 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-boat View Post
You should have stopped by for a cold #25 amongst the heat.
We passed close enough by you and Jeff Seemiller to do just that Phil, but that would have required us stopping and getting out of the car---.

It was bad enough when I had to get out and refuel---.

A cold beer would've been nice, but---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,586 Posts
108F yesterday, and my wife's Exploder broke down with her and the granddaughter stuck for an hour in the heat waiting for a tow.

More of the same today and through next week.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...e+Heat+Warning
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot