Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
Discussion
Any tricks to get my computer to recognize my JR XP6102

I got this cable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Simulato...item4166a79294

to use with my JR XP6102 on my computer with windows 7 32bit.

When I plug it in the transmitter powers up but the computer does not recognize it.

Are there any tricks to get my computer to recognize this controller or is the cable a rite off

Thanks for any help
Dave K is online now Find More Posts by Dave K
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
From what I have been reading should be in PPM mode. (unfortunately it was already in PPM)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:34 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,548 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "the computer does not recognise it" ?

When you plug the USB end in (with or without the TX connected) the computer should see a new device connected. Does this happen ? If nothing happens at all I guess you must have a bad cable.

If it sees the device then what sim software are you trying to get to recognise the TX and have you calibrated it in Windows before trying the sim ?

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
What exactly do you mean by "the computer does not recognise it" ?
When I open the printers / hardware screen (or what ever it is called) it does not see it. I hit the search button and nothing.

Quote:
When you plug the USB end in (with or without the TX connected) the computer should see a new device connected. Does this happen ? If nothing happens at all I guess you must have a bad cable.
The computer makes a chirp and the radio powers up but nothing else happens

Quote:
If it sees the device then what sim software are you trying to get to recognise the TX and have you calibrated it in Windows before trying the sim ?.
I tried AeroFly Deluxe (really old version) and R/C desk pilot but nether one worked

Thanks for the reply
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
The R/C desk pilot works with the controller from my son's PS3

I think this cable is a rite off
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,435 Posts
Click Start, type in devmgmt.msc press enter. This will open Device Manager. It may be under HID (Human Interface Devices) or some other heading, just look for objects that have an exclamation next to them, that indicates a device that wasn't properly installed. You can then right click it and either install the driver or enable the device.

Something else you can try, with the dongle plugged into the computer without the transmitter hooked up, shut down the computer, then turn it back on. With the device plugged into the computer Windows should see the new device on restart.

It's possible at some point you set Windows to not auto detect connected hardware.

If above fails, go into Control Panel | Devices and Printers and try Add New Device in the upper left.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:36 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Click Start, type in devmgmt.msc press enter. This will open Device Manager. It may be under HID (Human Interface Devices) or some other heading
I did this and it shows as being properly installed and when update the drivers it said they are up to date. Still does not work.

Think it might be time to buy one of these

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newrcte6chfl.html

Thanks for the help
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:03 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,435 Posts
Here's a silly question, have you tried the usb dongle on another computer?

You could also try removing the device from Device Manager then letting it try to reinstall.

Though not as good as a dongle you could try Smartpropolus and PPJoy. It creates a PPM signal via a male to male 3.5 audio connection from your mic or line in on your sound card to Windows. Windows then sees it as a joystick. This is how I use my transmitter in Clearview.

This doesn't work for USB audio and they clearly say it in the support docs. Also it seems pretty glitchy with Audigy cards.

http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:53 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
If the computer is recognizing the USB device than everything is working normally. Recognition of the tranmitter is done within the flight simulator program. If the program doesn't recognize the transmitter that is where you need to start looking.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2