HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Question
Is Hitec Freedom 9s a good receiver for long distance?

I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
easystarfpv4 is offline Find More Posts by easystarfpv4
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystarfpv4 View Post
I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Specs say that the Aurora 9 is a 2.4 GHz radio and that the Freedom9s is a 72MHz receiver. If so they will not work together.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
I bought the Spectra 72Mhz module

I bought the Spectra pro 72Mhz module.

Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question ----> I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
easystarfpv4 is offline Find More Posts by easystarfpv4
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
I bought the Spectra pro 72Mhz module.

Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question .
Had you given us more information in your original post the answer would have been different.

Dismissing the only person that took time to try and help you won't get you very far.

Good luck..
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,568 Posts
I know the answer to your question. I could give you more information than you'd know what to do with. Everyone else on this site knows I could.

Your abject rudeness toward Bartricky prevents me.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I know the answer to your question. I could give you more information than you'd know what to do with. Everyone else on this site knows I could.

Your abject rudeness toward Bartricky prevents me.

If you need to ask questions like this then you probably have no business flying at such large distances anyway
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:39 PM
To Slip is Divine
Joined Sep 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question ----> I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Well, since you've put it that way, I feel obligated to share this piece of long-range radio tuning advice: Wesson Oil. Apparently, the Wessonality allows the signal to propagate over vastly longer distances, when the oil is rubbed liberally on all IC chips in the transmitter and receiver.

You're Most Welcome!
SeanAlexander is offline Find More Posts by SeanAlexander
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:29 AM
Certified Codger
NE Texas
Joined Jan 2008
557 Posts
I prefer Corrosion-X, as it also waterproofs the electronics while adding even more Wessonality.
wingspann is offline Find More Posts by wingspann
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I like the Wesson oil idea. However there are four types of oil.
http://www.wessonoil.com/the4oils.jsp

I might buy the corn oil, because I like french fries. If combining the deliciousness of french fries in conjunction with flying FPV is possible, I will buy a bottle.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:15 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
No, I say combine all four. Doing so would enable the user to employ ALL the capabilities they have, whether it's deep frying, sauteing or baking...
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation View Post
No, I say combine all four. Doing so would enable the user to employ ALL the capabilities they have, whether it's deep frying, sauteing or baking...
MMMMM, baked microchips. Healthy and delicious
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:44 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,568 Posts
Quote:
MMMMM, baked microchips. Healthy and delicious
I enjoy the BBQ flavor variety. Nothing better than a good Independence Day party with a big bag of sweet-n-spicy ATmega32s.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I enjoy the BBQ flavor variety. Nothing better than a good Independence Day party with a big bag of sweet-n-spicy ATmega32s.
That actually sounds great right now...BBQ -potato- chips.

Personally I prefer a more basic 555 timer flavor
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:11 PM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
You guys in America have it lucky. I in Papua have to deal with lesser brands of oil companies. We only have canola, palm and corn. I've wrecked a couple of ESC's trying to fry them with these "Bimoli" brand oils...
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I see the maximum storage temperature of the ATMega is only 50 degrees lower than the recommended deep fry temperature. Should be fine for quick immersions.

However, I am going to do a light breading beforehand. Does anyone know the dielectric constant and possibly the dissipation factor of eggs, flour, and bread crumbs in the usual ratio? I am hoping breading will improve the overall signal speed and current carrying capability of the RF and power circuits. This is in corn oil BTW..
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777