HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
Discussion
Multi4 arrived but I need adaptors

Hello Group,

I've been waiting a week for my Cellpro Multi4 to arrive so I can charge my one battery and fly my Starmax F18. Well it arrived today and I found that I need some kind of adapter to hook my battery up. What a bummer! I thought it would just plug in to the side - duh.

Can someone tell me what type of battery connecter I have on my battery? My battery came from Banana Hobbies - it's the 4S balance connector I'm talking about. Are these connectors standard.

I would return this Multi4 if it weren't for the 15% restocking fee at Heli Direct. The charger with shipping was 70 bucks. The adapter is going to cost me another 10 bucks I guess. This charger does not seem to be worth 80 bucks just looking at it - feeling ripped off.

Well, you win some and you loose some. I'll call FMA Direct tomorrow and see what they say about the connector. I may have to suck it up and take the loss on the return.

Thanks,
RC
raycalvino is offline Find More Posts by raycalvino
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,288 Posts
Buck up Ray,
Chances are you need the GP/KO adapter. At my store I charge $7.95. At the end of the day you have an excellent charger. Their website should have at least told you that a balance board was a necessary accessory (that's got ring to it). But overall you did good.

Getting ripped on a lipo charger means you paid $70 and got a paperweight. The Multi4 is nice equipment.

-Tim
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO