HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
i just built my weed wacker bike and boy does it sure look like crap!
You need to put a little paint and some chrome bling on it.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
it needs tension on the drive wheel. that will make the looks even worse. eh oh well i got some black spray paint!
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:22 PM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
372 Posts
bump
mwgib123 is offline Find More Posts by mwgib123
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mwgib123; Jul 16, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:39 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
what?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:27 AM
I bail out, anywhere, anytime
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Nov 2010
2,971 Posts
Quote:
it needs tension on the drive wheel. that will make the looks even worse. eh oh well i got some black spray paint!
He is planning to paint the bike shed!
Taurus Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Taurus Flyer
Last edited by Taurus Flyer; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
hey guys could you help me find a carb that will fit a magnum .53 2 stroke engine? mine was bent in a crash.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,164 Posts
Stihl (thanks to the epa) now has an enginemotor that is using fuel injection. NO more tuning needed. Of course there is a whole new host of problems to deal with. It would be kind of neat in a RC plane though.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,353 Posts
OS used to make and sell two different size glow engines with fuel injection and it used a ECU too. The OS FS-91S II FI engine and the OS 200-FS-FI Ringed Fuel Injected 4-Stroke engine. They didn't go over all that well though. But the OS 200 engine was a limited production item and seemed to only go to a few selected championship caliber aerobatics competition flyers in several countries.
We do see the .91 showing up fro sale from time to time. But the 200 rarely pops up for sale.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:14 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,839 Posts
Grr, my TT GP .42 was running so well for a few weeks, then today it dead sticked on me 4 times. I am pretty lucky that I didn't crash the plane. First time I got lucky and stalled into tall weeds right before the pond, second time landed short of the runway, third and fourth were on the runway more or less.. Can't figure out what the deal is. I haven't touched the low speed air bleed for months since it has been idling fine. After it quit a few times, I screwed the mixture all the way in and started over with 2.5 turns out. It seems to run fine at high RPM, transitions are good, but it will either randomly cut off when throttling back down, then alternately manage to hold idle but faster than it used to hold. Then it will just quit in the air at about slightly less than 1/2 throttle. I've kind of lost my bearings on whether this could be too much or too little fuel. Before I started over with the needle, I thought it was maybe too rich since when I held the nose up at 90 degrees at about 3/4 throttle, it sped up after a few seconds. I am going to take a look at the gas tank, I wonder if maybe my foam padding moved and it is foaming the gas? We did notice the engine seemed hotter than normal too, but it was spitting out a lot of exhaust during testing which makes me think it couldnt be over lean. Glow plug looked perfect also.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
i have 2 gp 42 and theyre nifty little engines! they run good!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:22 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Grr, my TT GP .42 was running so well for a few weeks, then today it dead sticked on me 4 times. I am pretty lucky that I didn't crash the plane. First time I got lucky and stalled into tall weeds right before the pond, second time landed short of the runway, third and fourth were on the runway more or less.. Can't figure out what the deal is. I haven't touched the low speed air bleed for months since it has been idling fine. After it quit a few times, I screwed the mixture all the way in and started over with 2.5 turns out. It seems to run fine at high RPM, transitions are good, but it will either randomly cut off when throttling back down, then alternately manage to hold idle but faster than it used to hold. Then it will just quit in the air at about slightly less than 1/2 throttle. I've kind of lost my bearings on whether this could be too much or too little fuel. Before I started over with the needle, I thought it was maybe too rich since when I held the nose up at 90 degrees at about 3/4 throttle, it sped up after a few seconds. I am going to take a look at the gas tank, I wonder if maybe my foam padding moved and it is foaming the gas? We did notice the engine seemed hotter than normal too, but it was spitting out a lot of exhaust during testing which makes me think it couldnt be over lean. Glow plug looked perfect also.
id check the fuel tank too and the fuel lines for small pinholes. tighten the muffler too and check ALL screws such as head screws carb screws and muffler screws!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,353 Posts
Interesting things to mess up a engine's running.
I went to convert a preassembled glow fuel tank to gasoline, that came with a ARF kit and I discovered it had some small white foam flakes of debris inside the fuel lines. Heaven forbid that I actually try to use it. So it is worth checking out a new fuel tank for debris or holes or tears in the fuel lines.

With some fuel tanks, it is easy to accidentally cause a hole or tear to occur on the inside tubing when you assemble the fuel tank. So one has to be careful. Most of the time the tear happens in the silicon tubing at the end of the metal tube going through the stopper.

RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:19 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,839 Posts
Quote:
id check the fuel tank too and the fuel lines for small pinholes. tighten the muffler too and check ALL screws such as head screws carb screws and muffler screws!
Good advice... will check them out too.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,164 Posts
I found my tank jammed too tight against the firewall PARTIALLY pinching a fuel line. Run good held straight up and on the ground, but flying it would go lean at about 5 feet up. The tank & plumbing was the last thing I checked because I was ABSOLUTELY sure it could not be the fuel tank or plumbing.
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
OS used to make and sell two different size glow engines with fuel injection and it used a ECU too. The OS FS-91S II FI engine and the OS 200-FS-FI Ringed Fuel Injected 4-Stroke engine. They didn't go over all that well though. But the OS 200 engine was a limited production item and seemed to only go to a few selected championship caliber aerobatics competition flyers in several countries.
We do see the .91 showing up fro sale from time to time. But the 200 rarely pops up for sale.
And here is the RX-140 two stroke ECU, a very expensive engine it was but I got it half-price when TAM model shop closed down, have it NIB. I do not think OS were very succesfull with their later high profile engines not sure if any sold at all over here.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald