HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
regarding the tilted blackhawk tailrotor, my next project ( in a few years?? :-) ) will be the TF 800 size Seahawk. I already have the mechanics for the 20 tailrotor, made by microhelis.de
It is desined for t rex, which i might use, but then i'll have to change the direction of the main rotor..other option is to use vario mechanics..
We'll see what the future brings...

cheers,

Didier
didier n is offline Find More Posts by didier n
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
@ron, wow i didnt know that was the reason behind the tilted tail rotor on the uh-60. Us humans are a smart bunch!

@Jan, cool yeah i didnt think it would give you much trouble. i once had my 450's tail drive section rotate about 30degrees upwards in flight because of my forgetfulness in tightening screws of course, and nothing happened. that was flybar'd at the time so just a tail gyro.

I have just had a new smartmodel raised tail drive unit and 600 size blackhawk/seahawk tail blades arrive in the mail today so i will migrate the old one back to the Apache mechanics and get the black hawks mechanics up and running again once the 700 size blades arrive. The new apache parts ive ordered are on the way from fine-scalemodela.com including Antenna finsX2 IR Sensors X2, Chaff flare dispensers X2 scale machine gun and servo mounting system so i can get rid of my makeshift chunky pushpull system,and also my replacement parts from tf models, and cockpit panels from robcon-rc. the apache will be a new bird when im finished!

take care!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post
regarding the tilted blackhawk tailrotor, my next project ( in a few years?? :-) ) will be the TF 800 size Seahawk. I already have the mechanics for the 20 tailrotor, made by microhelis.de
It is desined for t rex, which i might use, but then i'll have to change the direction of the main rotor..other option is to use vario mechanics..
We'll see what the future brings...

cheers,

Didier
microhelis.de are great, do you know if they do an angled gearbox for 600 size torque driven tail rotor?
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
disregard above!

Horseman, we have possibly found the solution?

http://www.microhelis.de/afsshop/art...8b9g9au6md0ku5

My only issue being the carbon housing, theres the possibility of flexing.

I might email and ask for more information about its testing. ill be back.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
disregard above!

Horseman, we have possibly found the solution?

http://www.microhelis.de/afsshop/art...8b9g9au6md0ku5

My only issue being the carbon housing, theres the possibility of flexing.

I might email and ask for more information about its testing. ill be back.
Hi Jay,

I got the same link from Didier today and it will fill in the bill
About the flexing, well it seems to be a box when put together but I have ask Didier about this, because he have the unit so he can answer of this is a issue or not.
However to strengthen this box seems no problem as far I can see.

I love this Forum, all together we can solve a lot

By the way : microhelis have also the left handed tail arm.....

Later,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jay,

How is your experiance with the Turnigy K-force 120a ESC ?
The spool up seems a bit hard even the soft one?

I need also an other Esc and maybe this one can do it also instead of a CC 80HV2

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
josereyes's Avatar
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

I got the same link from Didier today and it will fill in the bill
About the flexing, well it seems to be a box when put together but I have ask Didier about this, because he have the unit so he can answer of this is a issue or not.
However to strengthen this box seems no problem as far I can see.

I love this Forum, all together we can solve a lot

By the way : microhelis have also the left handed tail arm.....

Later,

Jan,
Yes, I've been using their left handed crank 600 size for about a year now... Word like a charm.
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:50 AM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I've been using their left handed crank 600 size for about a year now... Word like a charm.
Mine just shipped from microhelis today. I'm going to use it on my Apache.
CW4 is offline Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
josereyes's Avatar
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
Mine just shipped from microhelis today. I'm going to use it on my Apache.
Is no really a left handed crank, is more like universal, it can be installed either left or right hand.
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

How is your experiance with the Turnigy K-force 120a ESC ?
The spool up seems a bit hard even the soft one?

I need also an other Esc and maybe this one can do it also instead of a CC 80HV2

Jan,

Hi jan, its great, the program card is helpful for saving and storing all your setting etc. no the soft spool if fine, you can see it being used in all my videos and no sharp lurches. Theres a fair bit of torque required on startup to move a multi blade head with 4/5blades, and a multi tail rotor, so that energy is spread throughout the entire heli smooth as silk.

I always have my throttle hold on, move my stick to 50degrees - 0 pitch, and then flick throttle hold off and it starts to spool very smoothly. no lurching at all, even on concrete with skids.

I have microhelis lefthanded crank arm on my apache it is brilliant. I emailed microhelis and susan sent me a pdf of the gearbox but it is even less informative than the 3d render they have on the link. i expressed my opinion from the pictures that the angle does not seem correct and will only rotate the angle of the blades outwards, not at the 20degrees you see the tail rotor on a blackhawk tilted to when looking directly from behind.

Time will tell ill follow your progress with close interest before i decide. it a shame the unit is not alloy.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
susan just sent me a linkhttp://www.rc-heli-fan.org/post1050398.html#p1050398

looks fine BUT: she also said this

"this gear is made for the century Blackhawk with flexdrive.
It has 105 angle. 5mm shaft (T-Rex450 mainshaft)
And give 25% more Upm to the tailrotor."


Scrap that idea then. Looks great too!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jay,

So we are back to the IMDS I guess, shame it looks the solution but now we have to make a adapter from the shaft to the torq tube

The costs where good also
Hmmmm

Let me think about it.

Regarding the ESC , Then I give HobbyKing a try with that, if you feel good about it go for it

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

So we are back to the IMDS I guess, shame it looks the solution but now we have to make a adapter from the shaft to the torq tube

The costs where good also
Hmmmm

Let me think about it.

Regarding the ESC , Then I give HobbyKing a try with that, if you feel good about it go for it

Regards,

Jan,
i think rons suggestion on the 2nd page is the best bet but i cannot find the manufacturer anywhere online at all. it looks like its the correct size and torque driven.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Jay,

Its also have two axes and not an option for mounting a torg tube as far I can see?



Greetings,

Jan.
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:10 AM
Registered User
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Jay,

Its also have two axes and not an option for mounting a torg tube as far I can see?



Greetings,

Jan.
This is the one from Formart heli's i suspect? Hope to see them at jet power next month, have a chat with them...

Didier
didier n is offline Find More Posts by didier n
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log RC Aerodyne 500-sized UH-60 Blackhawk Mike_Then Scale Helicopters 173 Oct 24, 2014 04:41 PM
Sold UK/EU - RC Aerodyne 500 size UH1N huey fuselage - rescue Cthulu Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Jul 14, 2012 07:23 AM
Build Log RC Aerodyne 600-sized Eurocopter Fennec AS-550 **COMPLETE!!** Mike_Then Scale Helicopters 31 Jan 02, 2012 11:22 AM
Sold 60 size UH-60 blackhawk fuse rcshirt Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 10, 2010 09:59 AM
For Sale Excellium 480 size UH-60 Blackhawk fuselage hagenuk Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jan 25, 2010 10:40 AM