HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
Georgia
Joined May 2006
8 Posts
Trex 600 JayHawk V2

Thanks to Robert at ScaleFlying.com I now have the version 2 instructions!!
Good pictures and actually has written instructions!!
Anybody else needs a copy I will gladly send them one.
RCDXER is offline Find More Posts by RCDXER
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:19 PM
Jose Reyes
Steilacoom, WA
Joined Feb 2010
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDXER View Post
Thanks to Robert at ScaleFlying.com I now have the version 2 instructions!!
Good pictures and actually has written instructions!!
Anybody else needs a copy I will gladly send them one.
Guys, guess what became available... the new super scale 4 blade head 600 size
http://www.scaleflying.com/Super-Sca...ze_p_2711.html
JoseReyes69 is offline Find More Posts by JoseReyes69
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseReyes69 View Post
Guys, guess what became available... the new super scale 4 blade head 600 size
http://www.scaleflying.com/Super-Sca...ze_p_2711.html
Hmmm. shame its not black. also sceptical about unadjustable phase sets. looks nice. but looks heavy and would be a shame to have to disassemble to paint it.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
On another note, I flew my black hawk this evening, 3 really good flights. Ive discovered that the wobble seen in my previous video was actually due to the blade grips / blades being too tight. (my bad rerally, as i had the exact same problem with my apache during set up and discovered after losening the blade grips she flew as expected) She is now extremely stable, But still ridiculously heavy, and flies like it too. any turbulence or rotor wash / wind, and she wants to drop out of the sky.

I hate to have to do it, but im going to have to rip out the scale cockpit and melt down a couple of 8oz lead weight sinkers i use for deep sea fishing/livebaiting for kingfish and mount the melted mould under the scale cockpit and then re assemble, as i cannot move my COG any further forward. I know, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE PRACTICE. but i have no other option. Coming out of right hand turns with the current set up causes her to want to elevate backwards, its a very difficult way of flying and doesnt feel natural, IE, it gives me the heeby jeebies.

pics and vid to come!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Jay,

Coming out of right hand turns with the current set up causes her to want to elevate backwards, its a very difficult way of flying and doesn't feel natural.

I have what you wrote also, with my Apache (6,5kg) but when moving faster forwards then I have no problems, moving forwards with not enough speed in the right hand turn she want to fall backwards, not much but she want to do that.

When turning slow there are no problems, so in my case its also speed related
I think the big tail is causing this.
(Brutus1967) was there with me when it happens to me and he told me to go a bit faster and that solves the problem. seems a scale problem?
My CG causes the Apache to be nose heavy. so thats not the problem.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
hmm, I never had the problem with the apache, i could throw her around the airfield no worries at all, she was perfectly balanced with 1x6cell, 1x4cell & 1x2cell batteries stowed in the front.

With the blackhawk, when i pick her up by the rotor hub, the tail instantly falls backwards. even with the batteries in. Im unfortunately limited in battery movement as i have the scale cockpit for the uh-60 sitting in the front of the fuse about 6cm in front of the mechanics, which is the gap i stow my mechanics in.

Jan you will see the tilted angle of the mechanic frames on your bh. when mine is in hover, the disk is sitting perfectly flat, but it looks like the tail is drooping, which is exactly how the bh looks when they are hovering. BUT, its designers were smart people and accounted for this by tilting the tail rotor to give more lift. I think this is going to be essential getting the required blackhawk tail lift on the rc version too. I really hope microhelis come through. it would be aweome.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
hmm, I never had the problem with the apache, i could throw her around the airfield no worries at all, she was perfectly balanced with 1x6cell, 1x4cell & 1x2cell batteries stowed in the front.

With the blackhawk, when i pick her up by the rotor hub, the tail instantly falls backwards. even with the batteries in. Im unfortunately limited in battery movement as i have the scale cockpit for the uh-60 sitting in the front of the fuse about 6cm in front of the mechanics, which is the gap i stow my mechanics in.

Jan you will see the tilted angle of the mechanic frames on your bh. when mine is in hover, the disk is sitting perfectly flat, but it looks like the tail is drooping, which is exactly how the bh looks when they are hovering. BUT, its designers were smart people and accounted for this by tilting the tail rotor to give more lift. I think this is going to be essential getting the required blackhawk tail lift on the rc version too. I really hope microhelis come through. it would be aweome.
Indeed the lift from the tailrotor seems to be essential, but remember, to make it work your main rotor has to turn left (counterclockwise), otherwise it won't work with the tailrotor sitting on the right side of the fuselage..

Didier
didier n is offline Find More Posts by didier n
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:38 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post
Indeed the lift from the tailrotor seems to be essential, but remember, to make it work your main rotor has to turn left (counterclockwise), otherwise it won't work with the tailrotor sitting on the right side of the fuselage..

Didier
Yes that's true, and I'm looking now for a while for 700 size lefthand (a) symmetrical blades and did not found any yet.

Otherwise the angled tail will bring us in bigger trouble than we are now

Jan,
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post

Didier
oh damn good point...i dont want to be pushing my tail downards now do i?1 thats quite an easy process though, especially on the beast x set up, and im using symmetrical 700 size blades, so no problems there. just have to tell the gyro that everything is ccw.

edit,: oh, then i guess theres the prpoblem of a ccw 1way and gear set correct?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Jay,

The spinblades I see are asymmetrical ?
The one way gear you can push it out the housing and mount it again upside down, then the gear problem is solved.
But you need to adjust your main head also.
The links to your main blade grips are now sitting at the wrong side of the grips.
Meaning normally when giving positive pitch your swash plate is moving up.
But if your head is moving the left hand direction CCW you will get negative pitch.
So the head mechanics need to be moved to the other side (the linkage) but only the main grip linkage (talking about FBL)

If you have a flybar then you have to swap the complete linkage.

O almost forgotten swap two wires from your ESC to your motor to reverse your motor.

Jan,
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
[QUOTE=Horseman;22772893]Hi Jay,

The spinblades I see are asymmetrical ?
The one way gear you can push it out the housing and mount it again upside down, then the gear problem is solved.
But you need to adjust your main head also.
The links to your main blade grips are now sitting at the wrong side of the grips.
Meaning normally when giving positive pitch your swash plate is moving up.
But if your head is moving the left hand direction CCW you will get negative pitch.
So the head mechanics need to be moved to the other side (the linkage) but only the main grip linkage (talking about FBL)

If you have a flybar then you have to swap the complete linkage.

O almost forgotten swap two wires from your ESC to your motor to reverse your motor.

AHA! So not a big problem then. just requires a popping the mechanics out for a setup reversal. a few hours no probs.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Jay,

The spinblades I see on the Spinblades website are asymmetrical
You have symmetrical black spinblades but I can't find them on there website.
Or did you contact Spinblades?

And I want / need 700 size symmetrical or left-hand Asymmetrical blades for the BH otherwise the angled tail must be swept to the other side of the tail

Jan,
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Jay,

The spinblades I see on the Spinblades website are asymmetrical
You have symmetrical black spinblades but I can't find them on there website.
Or did you contact Spinblades?

And I want / need 700 size symmetrical or left-hand Asymmetrical blades for the BH otherwise the angled tail must be swept to the other side of the tail

Jan,
Yeah my bad my matte black blades are asymmetrical, so im going to have to stay CW unless i want to fork out for a breand new set of 700size. which i dont.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Jay,

Its a bit hard to find more blade sets symmetrical 700 size

Jan,
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
its probably worth asking spinblades to be honest, they might have a mould?