HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:50 AM
WGTN NZ
WELLINGTON NEW ZEALAND
Joined Jun 2008
98 Posts
Did you guys notice the back and front spares now have shear webs on the whole wing as well as aluminum tube the whole length of the panel,the shear webs if glued well will add a lot more strength to the wing.(although stronger top and bottom caps would be better.)
WOO NZ is offline Find More Posts by WOO NZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOO NZ View Post
Did you guys notice the back and front spares now have shear webs on the whole wing as well as aluminum tube the whole length of the panel,the shear webs if glued well will add a lot more strength to the wing.(although stronger top and bottom caps would be better.)
You must have got different panels then I did....my aluminum tube goes from about rib #3 to the start of the spoiler bay....not the whole panel. And the shear webs are soild...at the root but you look inside at the tip and they are the same as before with the triangle hole in them........can you take a picture of yours to show us the full length tube?
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jul 2009
174 Posts
wings

Wing panels arrived safely. It has the alum. tube from the 3rd inner rib, and ends 3 ribs past the inner end of the spoiler box. Also, the spoiler box is about 1/16" narrower than my originals, and the 3/4" space between the spoiler box and sheeted D box has been sheeted in. The overall finish is way worse than my original wings. The surfaces (ribs, trailing edge, sheeting, cutouts, etc.) are uneven, and it appears they weren't sanded much, if at all, before covering. Mine don't have the red letters on the wing bottom. The worst thing visually is that on the top of 1 wing panel they used an overheated iron, and burned the white covering on the stringers and TE, so it has ugly brown burn stripes most of the length of the panel. I don't think this one should have been sent out. Don't mean to be a complainer, I've kept the faith throughout, but I'm disapointed. I'll contact Tower. I got the "Alan" tubes a couple of months ago, and will probably install them, maybe in the original set, as they look better. Just not sure what to do, so will wait for others' input. Thanks.
flyingfever is offline Find More Posts by flyingfever
Last edited by flyingfever; Nov 28, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
Blenheim, NZ
Joined Dec 2007
1,197 Posts
Woos reinforced wing.

Quote:
Woo, can we have photos of your reinforced wing and some explanation please?
I suspect folks will still want to do as you have done and reinforce the originals.
Cheers mate.

Allan
AllanK1 is offline Find More Posts by AllanK1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfever View Post
The overall finish is way worse than my original wings..
it's that hit or miss thing with these guys....my new panels are way better looking then the originals that I first got.....in fact the new ones are downright pristen! To bad they still don't have a spar worth a damn....
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:12 AM
WGTN NZ
WELLINGTON NEW ZEALAND
Joined Jun 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16 View Post
You must have got different panels then I did....my aluminum tube goes from about rib #3 to the start of the spoiler bay....not the whole panel. And the shear webs are soild...at the root but you look inside at the tip and they are the same as before with the triangle hole in them........can you take a picture of yours to show us the full length tube?
I don't have any replacement panels,I was just looking at the photo's on RC- network in Germany. Allan I well post some pic 's soon.

Woo
WOO NZ is offline Find More Posts by WOO NZ
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:46 AM
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,851 Posts
Ahhhhh....gotcha.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
Blenheim, NZ
Joined Dec 2007
1,197 Posts
Woos reinforced wings

Quote:
I don't have any replacement panels,I was just looking at the photo's on RC- network in Germany. Allan I well post some pic 's soon.

Woo
Cheers Woo, I'm sure we would all like to see them.

Allan
AllanK1 is offline Find More Posts by AllanK1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:44 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,317 Posts
Look at all the stress on this flight
Just the way it should be flown , With a loop or to at the end http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...e_gdata_player
creeve is offline Find More Posts by creeve
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,851 Posts
Nice video.....but.....I didn't see any loops?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:47 PM
USA, TX, Waco
Joined Nov 2010
79 Posts
german loops

Yes szd, those were german loops
stephen Damon is offline Find More Posts by stephen Damon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:16 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,317 Posts
Tom had to make you watch the whole video!
creeve is offline Find More Posts by creeve
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve View Post
Tom had to make you watch the whole video!
I watched it....beautiful slope....but no loops!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotfrank View Post
The picture I posted above should answer your question. Not just one, but two model designers
Frank,

Why does the shorter builder have his hand on the knee of the taller? Are these planes built with pixie dust? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

I received my replacement panels for my K8B ... I am wondering if I should even build this model at all ... with the extra new panels, I could probably sell the model for more than what I paid

Y
yabe is offline Find More Posts by yabe
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:32 PM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabe View Post
Frank,

Why does the shorter builder have his hand on the knee of the taller? Are these planes built with pixie dust? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

I received my replacement panels for my K8B ... I am wondering if I should even build this model at all ... with the extra new panels, I could probably sell the model for more than what I paid

Y

good luck!
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1