HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jul 2009
168 Posts
wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16 View Post
Just looked at my email and there was a notice that my order from Tower shipped....I thought," I didn't order anything?" Read it further and it stated it was for replacement wing set!!!!! Ya! So now it's up to Brown to see if they can screw it up!
Mine too. Tracking says delivery to PNW is Wed., 28. Keep the faith!
flyingfever is offline Find More Posts by flyingfever
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,595 Posts
Me three!! Two wing panels at 39.40 lb! They must be reenforced the heck out of it(into it?)

Last time Mr. Brown broke the tail off....so hopefully this time is better.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Same here! According to UPS it should be here next Wednesday. Will start working on the fuselage shortly to get the electric conversion going.
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Chicago Mayor: A Terrorist
USA, CA, SoCal
Joined Sep 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhchan View Post
Me three!! Two wing panels at 39.40 lb! They must be reenforced the heck out of it(into it?)

Last time Mr. Brown broke the tail off....so hopefully this time is better.

Brian, an EAJ
Don't forget the 39.4 lbs include 2 chairs that you need to glue into your fuse....
pilotfrank is offline Find More Posts by pilotfrank
Last edited by pilotfrank; Nov 21, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2009
566 Posts
I want to know if the planes being sold from here forward are going to have the same mediocre fix that's in these replacement panels or are they going to have a real model designer consult them on a new spar/joiner system?
edfmaniac is offline Find More Posts by edfmaniac
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Chicago Mayor: A Terrorist
USA, CA, SoCal
Joined Sep 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfmaniac View Post
I want to know if the planes being sold from here forward are going to have the same mediocre fix that's in these replacement panels or are they going to have a real model designer consult them on a new spar/joiner system?
The picture I posted above should answer your question. Not just one, but two model designers
pilotfrank is offline Find More Posts by pilotfrank
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,121 Posts
I will be dropping by my hobby shop on the way home from work to pick up my new plane. As for the packaging, it appears they did a great job of packing my plane this time as the box is in great shape and appears to be a heavier cardboard used than last time. Not sure if I will have time to unpack it tonight but if I do, I will try to take a look inside the center panels to see if I can see the new improvements. Either way, you can be one thing for sure, I will not be looping my replacement plane. Nothing but nice scale like flying for this one. Thanks again to Hobbico for being a stand up company and doing their best to take care of us.

See Ya,

Pat
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,595 Posts
Mannie,

Where are you going to put the motor, nose or pylon mounted? I purchased a power pod but need to reenforce the fuse to accept the pylon. Battery will be in the fuse.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Brian,
I will be using a pod I bought from a German company. Should not be too much work to do. I am more concerned with the wings to hold especially with the additional weight for the power system.

Mannie
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:43 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,595 Posts
Which one, Schambeck? I have a EMA Scale 800 to put on the plane. It is over kill, but they don't have the 600 and sold me the 800 for the same price.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
I bought this one; http://www.eflug-technik.de/produkte...gler/index.php

It was the most affordable one I could find at $300 shipped to the US. It was used on one of the K8 on the German forums so I decided to give it a try. I do have also a Fan Air I used on other glider (RIP) but I liked the simplicity (and price) of this one more.

Mannie
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,835 Posts
Well, my "new" wings where waiting for me when I got home......just like the ones shown on the German forums .....all they did was add a aluminum tube that spans from rib #3 to about the middle of the spoiler bay.....they didn't tie it to the joiner tunes at all nor did they change out the shear webs as far as I could see. I'll swap my wiring harness and spoilers over but really not impress with their "fix". I sure wont be looping these "new" wings....
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Jul 2009
566 Posts
I guess the budget for my cafe racer just increased by the price of a cheap 6m ARF, because I won't be buying one if that's how the new production planes are going to be "fixed".
edfmaniac is offline Find More Posts by edfmaniac
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
Blenheim, NZ
Joined Dec 2007
1,167 Posts
Inadequit beef up at the factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfmaniac View Post
I guess the budget for my cafe racer just increased by the price of a cheap 6m ARF, because I won't be buying one if that's how the new production planes are going to be "fixed".
Bad news, the Al tube really won't do much for the wing. What a shame these guys don't have access to just a little engineering. It really is not hard to do it right at the factory. Frustrating.

Good luck to all of you.

Allan
AllanK1 is offline Find More Posts by AllanK1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:49 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK1 View Post
Bad news, the Al tube really won't do much for the wing. What a shame these guys don't have access to just a little engineering. It really is not hard to do it right at the factory. Frustrating.

Good luck to all of you.

Allan
Ya it is.....not really sure what I'm going to do.....I could sell the whole thing off and hope to recoup some of my money and buy the Rosenthal K6 ......spend the time to swap over the spoilers and wiring harness and just fly the thing knowing that it most likely will fail at some point.......or....spend the $150 for the carbon tubes and fix the existing panels the correct way......
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16