HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2003, 03:07 PM
Ottawa
Joined Oct 2003
562 Posts
Do you have your blades on tight or loose?

I was just wondering how people setup the main blades. I tried leaving the main blades on loose and let them find the "proper" spot at speed, but I always seem to get vibrations like this.

I am now tightening up the blades. This works well once you find the proper position for the blades, bit it is tedious as you have to do it every time you go up as the blades get out of place if you hit them.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a loose blades setup working?

Tony
tbitz is offline Find More Posts by tbitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
Chicago
Joined May 2002
349 Posts
Generally, I have good luck with blades that are just tight enough to stay in position if you pick-up the heli and hold it sideways with the blades horizontal and they stay put, but if you gently tap them in this position, they fold.

It's most important that the blade grips are of equal tightness.

A good test for equal tightness is to fold them back with a single finger on each blade (equal distance from the tip), and see if the head remains relatively statonary as the blades fold.

Too tight or loose or unequally tight blades can all cause vibratons.

Greg
GKurt is offline Find More Posts by GKurt