SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,321 Posts
Wow thats unreal for only fourteen! The wing plan looks really "right". I would think about checking out your fuse length and width against some of the other ds planes out there though. It looks a bit fat, and long at the front compared to your wing in the top views. I think if you are aiming for a low to mid weight DSer then you should make the fuse as small as you can get away with for less drag. If you arent planning to whack a massive load of ballast in the belly then you dont need a lot of space I reckon. Also, the really large canopy opening will make the nose really weak- a smaller opening that you can still fit your gear through is all you need, or check a dynamic or opus, with no opening in the front at all.
Cheers mate- Keep it up!!
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
Thanks...
ill Thin the Fuz ASAP!
BTW im thinkin of keeping the tail moment the same... so i can keep the damping effects....
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:12 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,321 Posts
Yeah, the tail moment looks good. I reckon you need to plan what gear you want to fit inside and work out how much lead it will need and draw your fuse from there. I recently made a 2M moulded fuse and really went too small and narrow and too short at the front and am now having issues with fitting the battery in there as wall as enough lead to balance it. I have now added a small canopy to the mould and think I can now package it propperly but it is backwards engineering. A little bit more time on my part in the planning stage could have solved all my issues before they arose. Are you planning to put the elevator servo in the tail? as this will need to be accounted for in nose weight.
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
How about an outer Sheath and an inner nose... im also thinking of doing the nose and maybe the tails in Kevlar as to be 2.4 friendly....
and also i thinned the fuse width... to 80mm/8cm at the Widest point

Posted from the Dreamfactory
Keenan
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
How about an outer Sheath and an inner nose... im also thinking of doing the nose and maybe the tails in Kevlar as to be 2.4 friendly....
and also i thinned the fuse width... to 80mm/8cm at the Widest point

Keenan
P.s i may shorten the nose a bit too....
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
and i shortened the nose quiet a bit and i think it looks better...

Keenan
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
Yeah, the tail moment looks good. I reckon you need to plan what gear you want to fit inside and work out how much lead it will need and draw your fuse from there. I recently made a 2M moulded fuse and really went too small and narrow and too short at the front and am now having issues with fitting the battery in there as wall as enough lead to balance it. I have now added a small canopy to the mould and think I can now package it propperly but it is backwards engineering. A little bit more time on my part in the planning stage could have solved all my issues before they arose. Are you planning to put the elevator servo in the tail? as this will need to be accounted for in nose weight.

[QOUTE]Make it a little fatter and a little langer in the nose than this and youll be right! Remember, with a skinny nose it needs to be longer as you cant fit as much lead in there- dont ask me how I know!
[/QUOTE]

yeah i Made it skinny From The top and Tall on the Sides...
BTW im aiming for around 250mph / 111.76 metres (dont think me eyes can go any faster... / second and a possible VNE speed of around 300-350Mph / 134M/s-156 M/s VNE

Keenan

P.s im a lil Worried about Laminar flow separation whilst Pulling up should i be Worried?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
My worry is When the Laminar flow Separates from the Wing in a High G Turn because of the T tail being Shielded it will put me in a Deep Stall
as shown here...
Posted form the Dreamfactory
Keenan
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
Planes dress doors...
Australia, QLD, Kippa-Ring
Joined Mar 2011
666 Posts
Lookin' good there Keenan, Much nicer with a thinner fuse and shorter nose. Don't stress about the stall too much - it's pretty rare that you'll get that DSing and especially with such a long tail boom.

Maybe sweep the nose up a little instead of having such a flat bottom? Just as a looks thing
Rhys Porter is offline Find More Posts by Rhys Porter
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,812 Posts
I just found your Raptor Build K!, Is this your Venom or based on it I like the shorter wingspan K! You need to make this a powered glider. . . . just my two cents!

You have so many builds K i cant keep track LMOA!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Plus, the pictures you are showing are of an airliner with the wings sitting fairly far back on the fuse. Ala 727, BAC One Eleven, Trident, etc.. these also happen to have a high sweep angle for high speed flight. These are designs that are non existant on a glider. Your wings are set forward and are high aspect, straight wings that are highly unlikely to interfere with the tail. theres plenty of T tail gliders to prove this theory. You are comparing apples to oranges. How bout comparing apples to apples..........or oranges to oranges if you prefer.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
JWs are Shear Fun!
USA
Joined Sep 2008
2,674 Posts
Deep stall won't happen. Tip stall / flick would be a real danger.
Aerogance is offline Find More Posts by Aerogance
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:10 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
ok ...
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,915 Posts
You might want to rethink your longitudinal dihedral rigging. It's going take a lot of down trim at the present setting.
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,832 Posts
How about 1 deg....