SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:14 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,111 Posts
Also check that the center of gravity is at the center. Sometimes the battery may shift resulting in an off-balanced quad.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Nov 2007
13 Posts
Thanks guys - I just tried being more consistent with setting it down on flat surface - this made the difference. Sometimes, it the obvious things that are looked over as in this case. Now back to flying!
mattman is offline Find More Posts by mattman
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:47 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
MINE:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21949250

QUOTE=Dave Barrow;22382475]I bought this connector on Ebay for charging two batteries at a time. They also have one that charges three at once. I cut the plastic away on the battery end connectors to expose the pins. (see attached picture)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290555523990...84.m1497.l2649
I use it with this charger from Hobby King. It charges each cell individually through the Ebay balance connector above. When the light turns blue, it's charged. Be sure you have the charge switch set correctly.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Capable.html
These batteries from HK are great, and cheaper than stock ones. Longer flight time than the stock one too.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20385[/QUOTE]
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know exactly when gyro initialization happens on this quad?
In the first few seconds after you plug in the battery, so the best thing is to plug it in while it is already upright and level. Plenty of room to do this if you've done the cable tie foot mod.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:19 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
In the first few seconds after you plug in the battery, so the best thing is to plug it in while it is already upright and level. Plenty of room to do this if you've done the cable tie foot mod.
In my both V929 after the binding is complete, you can hear a quiet "click" from the quad, i think it's when gyro is initialized.

Today morning was pretty much windless, so i flew my quad even higher and farther than on my youtube video.

It was very wild feeling, when she was so high up and far away, that i stopped to hear her !

Only TX gimballs noise and my heart reate, was bringing me back to reality
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,111 Posts
What do I need in order to charge in parallel 6 x 1S batteries (JST connector) to a 6S charger?

I'll be getting this 1s to 6s parallel charging board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S_XT60_.html But it does not have JST connectors. Any ideas?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,111 Posts
Stock charger killed my battery!

I charged one battery with the Nine Eagles charger and another with the stock charger. The NE charger beeped and I powered it off while the stock charger was charging away. I left it alone.

After a few hours, I checked the stock charger and it was STILL charging! Then I smell something. And I saw the my bloated battery. The battery felt extremely hot. ARGH! The damn stock charger did not stop charging and the over charging killed my battery!

Take care when you charge batteries with the stock charger!
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,442 Posts
I think that's the second report I've seen. Perhaps the stock charger doesn't have a cutoff mechanism built in. Can anybody else confirm? I've never used the stock charger so I can't tell. Been using my Accucel-6 from day 1.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
What do I need in order to charge in parallel 6 x 1S batteries (JST connector) to a 6S charger?

I'll be getting this 1s to 6s parallel charging board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S_XT60_.html But it does not have JST connectors. Any ideas?
I think this is what you are after:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:18 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Wow. I feel lucky that I ordered BNF versions originally. When I had no charger I was forced to modify my V911 chargers to have JST connectors. It works so well that when my RTF version arrives I might just turf the charger and stick to the V911 charger - which seems to do a good job!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,442 Posts
The stock charger is a good source for JST connector and wire. Perhaps an LED too. Haven't taken a look. LOL
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:57 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
The stock charger has killed by battery as well and I took it off charge as soon as the LED changed from red to green.

I think it is charging the battery at too high a rate for these cheap batteries.

Thank goodness I have quite a few batteries for my 120SR

As you say Daryoon, I now have a JST connector, some wire and a LED

cheers John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
So I took my v929 to my neighborhood field for the 1st time to let her rip.

I had a great time and not that much trouble keeping orientated because I could just nudge it forward and regain orientation that way, but LEDs are definitely going on it.

I'm not the greatest RC pilot, but I am a pilot, and while I had fun doing circuits, squares, figure eights etc. I never really could pull off what I would call a coordinated turn.

Does anybody have this thing down to doing nice banked turns with the nose always going in the direction of travel or is that just the way this toy quad handles?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,442 Posts
Breezy day and was still getting used to the quad, so I couldn't go all out like I'd like. But there's bank turns towards the second half of the video.

My v929 first outdoor flight in breezy conditions (3 min 24 sec)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Breezy day and was still getting used to the quad, so I couldn't go all out like I'd like. But there's bank turns towards the second half of the video.
Hard to tell for sure, but your banked turns look like mine where in the middle of the turn the nose is pointed noticeably inside of the arc being scribed.

I don't know if that is just these toy quads or all quads, but that is not a coordinated, "ball in the middle" turn that a heli or plane would make.

Its not a big deal if that is what they do - I'll just practice making the nice banked arc and not worry about the nose so long as it is pointed where I want it to go on exit
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH