SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:24 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Aw crudmuffins!
I'm really confused abut this balancing!

So if I make a teeter totter seesaw it will tell me where the center of balance is, for each blade.
Is that right?

What is done, then?
...file them down or put tape on them so balance point is the same on both?

rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:31 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,626 Posts
Just like a board you are trying to balance on a fucrum, add weight to the end that sits highest. Glue, tape, or fingernail polish will work. Or file, sand, or cut some off othe the blade that is heaviest.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:54 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
Adding weight is "safer" because the action is reversible - if you added too much weight, you could undo that. If you had cut away too much of the blade, you'd need to cut other side to balance the blade; again, if you cut away too much, you gotta cut the other side... In the end, you may end up with no blades but just a vertical shaft holder! Just kidding!
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:16 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,626 Posts
RC, here is a picture of a very simple, but effective seesaw blade balancer.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:47 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
:-)

ok, I can understand that, sirius!

I have a gift volitation and plan to clip it's wings... :-)
...really should be over there, with these questions...
but you guys are more active! :-)

Tnx again!
rc
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:50 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Hey guys, Just received my v929 about 30 minutes ago and have 2 flights on it. I'm surprised how stable it is compared to the v939. I also like that it's big enough to see. I'm usingTurnegy 35/70 batteries and can flip it in my living room with ease. My v939 hits the floor if I try to flip indoors. I just have to add some lights to it now.

Also, I was thinking about ordering a camera. What is everyone using with the 929 these days? Links would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:25 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2012
110 Posts
Prop balancing tools from DealExtreme...

Has someone ever tried this tool to balance V929 props?
http://dx.com/p/hm-carbon-fiber-prop...lue-red-184612
I wonder the axle and cones are thin enough for the 3mm hole in the props.

Building the U-construction with two magnets is not very difficult. I made it with two magnets from an old PC harddisk.
Only problem is getting a right sized pointing axle...
JaapDub is offline Find More Posts by JaapDub
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
jdub,
if you have built the U w magnets, why not use some pushrod wire stock and maybe a couple small O rings to hold the prop in center???

maybe a carpentry finish nail???
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Hey guys, Just received my v929 about 30 minutes ago and have 2 flights on it. I'm surprised how stable it is compared to the v939. I also like that it's big enough to see. I'm usingTurnegy 35/70 batteries and can flip it in my living room with ease. My v939 hits the floor if I try to flip indoors. I just have to add some lights to it now.

Also, I was thinking about ordering a camera. What is everyone using with the 929 these days? Links would be appreciated. Thanks!!
For video recording, most people are using some version of the 808 #16. MassiveRc sells these ...

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...-video-and-fpv
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:27 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
For video recording, most people are using some version of the 808 #16. MassiveRc sells these ...

Make sure you get the 808#16 V2 with video cable because it has live video out for FPV plus HD onboard recording (like a GoPro).

Also understand and order the one with the correct lens for what you want. You want a more fish-eye wide angle for FPV, but perhaps a more normal angle for general photography.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:55 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,783 Posts
Stone cutter.. U can see some of my YouTube clips with v929 and #16 v2 with vid out...I like it as an ap platform...v959 is slightly better at ap... But v929 better at fpv
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post

Thanks for the link Stone. I thought they were cheaper then that but, I may have been looking at knock-offs on E-bay.

I made a new canopy from a drink bottle with some leds for night flying, however I wasn't reading any power from the four empty plugs on the board. I thought those were for the 949 leds? Am I missing something??
In the end I just soldered a plug directly to the + and - on the board.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:28 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link Stone. I thought they were cheaper then that but, I may have been looking at knock-offs on E-bay.

I made a new canopy from a drink bottle with some leds for night flying, however I wasn't reading any power from the four empty plugs on the board. I thought those were for the 949 leds? Am I missing something??
So you have a V2 929 board with LED sockets. These are triggerable with a 929/939/949 TX with working right shoulder button only:
You have to switch to 100% (left shoulder button) to trigger the lights.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:52 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
So you have a V2 929 board with LED sockets. These are triggerable with a 929/939/949 TX with working right shoulder button only:
You have to switch to 100% (left shoulder button) to trigger the lights.

-mike-
Ahh, ok, I have a 939 tx but I use the DH 9116 tx for my WL Toys stuff. So what would be the "flip" button on the 939 is now for lights on the 949. I'll just leave it as is. I only put the led canopy on for night flight anyway, so I don't really need an on/off switch for them.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:31 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link Stone. I thought they (808#16 V2 ed.) were cheaper then that but, I may have been looking at knock-offs on E-bay.
They are from $42 to $44 with cables and shipped on eBay. Price mostly depends on add on lens.

Quote:
Those ports turn on or off with the top right button on the v929 transmitter (at least on mine).
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff