HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you make the other end stay in place? Is it just glued or is there somewhere to feed it in that it'll stay without interfering with anything else?
Just a 3/4" short section of 1/2" electrical tape wrapped around the other leg. Actually closed at the top, so it makes a sort of pocket on the outside of the leg post for the other end of the cable-tie to sit in.

I cut off the flat section of the cable-tie as it is a) too bendy and b) too long anyway.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
652 Posts
What does the top right button on the tx do?
ryan93civic is online now Find More Posts by ryan93civic
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
If same as the V911 Heli, not a lot.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:05 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,621 Posts
Thanks for the most excellent photos and video of the V929 muh brutha from anutha mutha! (is everybody getting a lime green one too)

I think your Piros are right where it should be... if I piro to the right.... the quad will naturally start to drift in that direction, same with left piro=left drift. Plus I found that stock 100% RUDD on the TX to be far too tame... and set it to 150% for much better performance. (i think a FS 9X would allow that?)

The V929 looks quite stable in the air, it's RX seems to be quite decent. I wonder... it's got a 3-Axis gyro... but no 3-axis accelerometers? is it same as an MQX... blade owners? I think I saw a ladybird clone advertising 6-axis.

Regardless, the V929 looks like a really fun Quad.. you're soo lucky to be flying it around the places while I waaaait. I've been wanting to try an MQX, and this baby will satiate that want. I CAN'T WAIT!

P.S. wouldn't it be cool if I can swap a WK ladybird RX onto the V929 and use my Devo10 to fly it?
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,275 Posts
The MQx does not self-level and I'll wager this one doesn't either. But, they really don't need to. They are very stable and have a broad footprint for their size and mass.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,268 Posts
Thanks for the great review FyreSG! It is interesting to see that your quad can auto level... Because mine will not! Guess they Modified the software further for the production model. Did you find the response under even 60 percent to be slightly sluggish? (as in it feels like theres a slight delay somewhere?) thanks again for the review!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Thanks for the great review FyreSG! It is interesting to see that your quad can auto level... Because mine will not! Guess they Modified the software further for the production model. ...
Having an auto level would make it easier to program an automatic flip capability. On a flip command:
a. go to upside down of auto level (that, is inverted) in the direction of the stick movement, then
b. go to auto level
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:11 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Just a 3/4" short section of 1/2" electrical tape wrapped around the other leg. Actually closed at the top, so it makes a sort of pocket on the outside of the leg post for the other end of the cable-tie to sit in.

I cut off the flat section of the cable-tie as it is a) too bendy and b) too long anyway.
Cool thank you, I'll probably end up doing this mod while I wait for the battery to charge again after my first flight.

I'm a little worried about what I keep hearing about how it is just programmed to flip, it seems like this would make it real hard in regular flight. I generally fly low and if I'm flying low and accidentally push the stick a little too far it sounds like it will drill itself into the ground. Is it recoverable once it starts flipping? Like can I push opposite stick and stop it or is it determined to flip until it is done?

I'm very excited about this, ever since I first heard about quads I've wanted one but even the walkera ladybird was a bit more than I wanted to spend, and smaller than I'd like. This fits into the same price range my 9958 did where if I don't like it I haven't really lost much. Thank you to wl toys Just for making this I will probably by a 911 now (finally)
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
What do u mean by stunt mode is underwhelming?
I mean to say that I was expecting the stunt mode (to execute "stunts" like flipping in mid air) to be exciting and fun... but it turned out to be quite "boring" for me. It feels like the quad for some unknown reasons, "fell off the sky" and then managed to recover right after that. Maybe this is fun to the rest, but not me.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
I'm a little worried about what I keep hearing about how it is just programmed to flip, it seems like this would make it real hard in regular flight.
Especially if one quickly needs a lot of tilt in the quad to fight a wind (I have sometimes needed to do this with an mQx).

Quote:
I generally fly low and if I'm flying low and accidentally push the stick a little too far it sounds like it will drill itself into the ground. Is it recoverable once it starts flipping? Like can I push opposite stick and stop it or is it determined to flip until it is done?
From what I have seen of quads flipping, even if you could stop it (not sure if you can), unless you manage to catch it within about the first 90 degrees of the flip, having it stop the rotation from the flip and then reverse the rotation from the flip to recover is liable to cause it to lose even more altitude (from spending more time tilted sideways or being inverted) than just finishing the flip.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Well, actually someone did something kinda similar on a Parrot AR.Done and I adapted it.

Anyway, before you do onboard video you must balance your props, or your first video will look like you're underwater.
Thanks for your detailed advice. I'll try mounting my camera without all those mods to see how bad it would be. I know the underwater effect as I mounted the same camera on my V911 and the video was unbearable to watch.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
What does the top right button on the tx do?
It's the button at the top LEFT corner. The one at the top right corner is a dummy like the V911 TX.

When you power up the E728 transmitter, it is set to the lowest rate of 20%. Movements are really very "gentle", slow and not sensitive. Press the button once, and it will go to the next rate 40%, which is more sensitive. This mode is good for indoor flight and outdoor flight but will not be good when the winds come. Press the button again and it will be at 60%... and again it will be at 100%.
Last edited by FyreSG; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Top LEFT corner button, not top right corner button
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,765 Posts
So basically u can just flip it... U can't execute a 3d move and hold it... For example hold it inverted in a flying circuit?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
I should correct myself on the part about "auto leveling" / "self leveling". Maybe I'm sending out the wrong signal. On the V911, when FFF ends, the V911 will auto level and slow down. The V929 will not be like this. When the V929 completes the Fast Forward Flight, you need to apply counter stick movements to manually level the quad. Else, it will continue on going in that direction. However, if the V929 is moving forward slowly, it will slow down... then stop. This is what I meant by "auto leveling by itself".
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
So basically u can just flip it... U can't execute a 3d move and hold it... For example hold it inverted in a flying circuit?
This toy can not do inverted flight, only flips.