SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
is it possible to use the main battery for the camera if i was to insulate wires going to the camera? Would that cancle out the noise?
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:40 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Something that may or may not help with your problem...
I had a "drift " problem and a slower blade problem on two different friends quads today... Managed to fix them both...
Both the problems where as follows:
The one with the blade being slower.. It appears the pins of the plug from that the motor plugs in some how where thinner than usual and therefore did not fit snugly into the motor plug.. This meant that they made inconsistent connections with the motor, which resulted in it being slower or off pace to the others,, the quad kept on drifting toward the direction of that motors:
Solution... I took off the plug and coated each of the pins with some solder.. So that they where thicker and then it fitted snugly into the motor plug and worked fine..
The second problem, exhibited the same.. Slower motor and then the motor stopped al together...it appears that the sold of the wire to the pin (which plugs into the motor) broke off... However the heat shrink was holding the wire in place.. But making inconsistent contact with the pin.. Which meant the motor was stopping and starting at random as it vibrated the wire...
Maybe check those connections...
Now this is something that might be possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siginden View Post
I had the same issue with my V929. It wanted to keep going forward-I ran out of back trim to no avail. Then I turned everything off and unplugged and binded(?) it again, this time with the quad level and completely motionless. This did the trick and it flys and trims normally now. I think "level and motionless" during binding is the key. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartricky View Post
+1
One of ours arrived today and the props were not starting at the same time. We made sure the trims were centered then turned off the Rx and then back on.
Now it is perfect.
I did suggest this to the people who were having problems with drifting, apparently it did not help, so its not to do with the gyro centering anymore.
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
is it possible to use the main battery for the camera if i was to insulate wires going to the camera? Would that cancle out the noise?
Nope..

You would have to put in a noise filter.. Depending on which vtx u are using different ones apply..
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:18 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,159 Posts
[QUOTE=perdification;23484752

I did suggest this to the people who were having problems with drifting, apparently it did not help, so its not to do with the gyro centering anymore.[/QUOTE]

Seems the problem 929 does not have the stock Tx so with my limited experience maybe the problem lies with his Tx set up.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
That's what I would think too but I can't figure out what I might have done wrong. Would it help if I posted my 9x settings? Or is there one in particular that might logically be the culprit?
floete is offline Find More Posts by floete
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
A little update: I've got my v929 set up in heli 2 mode from the start, so i went and tried it using acro. the only settings i changed in acro were throttle (reversed it) and end points, where i made everything 40%, except throttle, which i made 5% and 105%, same as in heli 2 mode.

well, you must not be able to set up acro like heli, because when i throttled up, the v929 basically flung itself back in my direction at a velocity that parted my hair. wow! and in this instance, no amount of forward ele trim would calm her down.

i still think the problem is operator error, but i don't know how, so i have sent the vendor an email via paypal.

thanks again, all, for your help.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
Have you seen this
How to program v929 quad copter on turnigy 9x v2 Part 1 (5 min 35 sec)

Its not my video but this is how i did mine
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
yes. i used that video too, so that's exactly how i have mine set up, except for some reason i didn't have to reverse my elevator to get the right action. hmmm. could that, somehow, someway, be the problem? but how could it be?

maybe i'll start from scratch and try again.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
Hmm Dont know!
But i had a problem after i took the motors out, for some reason mine wouldnt fly right till i noticed i had the red motors spining the wrong way, the props where correct in that it went the right way to creat lift(Its hard to explain) thats why i didnt notice it but the motors rotaion was wrong.
If you look at the screws holes on the board you will see an arrow going around it and thats the direction the rotors should spin.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:57 PM
Canada, AB, Sherwood Park
Joined Jan 2011
638 Posts
Just a little flying in the basement.

WL V929 Mini Beetle Quadcopter Indoor Flight. (9 min 27 sec)
KTL13 is offline Find More Posts by KTL13
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdification View Post
Okay, last suggestion from me, quickly go to Paypal and open a dispute ASAP before your 45 days are up. (That is, if you used Paypal) Then contact whoever you brought it from asking for an exchange or a refund.
To give the seller a chance to do the right thing, I would amend that to:
1 - Don't ever let a seller talk you into waiting past 45 days (like for a late shipment)
2 - Try to work it out with the seller without opening a case
3 - If you have time, tell the seller that you will be forced to open a case by day 43 if you don't have a working item by then
4 - On about day 43 or so you need to have either: money in your hand or a working item in your hand; if not you open a case then.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2009
93 Posts
Quick question. Can I adjust the tension on the throttle stick of my V929 / V939 transmitter becuase it is too loose for my liking? If it can be done how do I do it without causing any problems?
Thanks and Merry Christmas
leakywellie is offline Find More Posts by leakywellie
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,213 Posts
Value Hobby has the V929 BNF for 30.50 plus shipping ($3.50 for me)
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Mine arrived today.

Bought on eBay on Nov 26. Seller took 7 days to put it in the mail. Total of 15 days to get here. Price RTF (shipped, with transmitter and spare props) USD $44. Packed in a strong foam container, the kind that is usually inside a thin cardboard box.

Surprisingly smooth sticks for so inexpensive a transmitter.

Very stable. A little difficult to maintain exact altitude while yawing (rudder / spin). You definitely have to use the "pinch the stick between index finger and thumb" instead of the "thumb on top".

Receiver is the 8 connector variety. Marked 2012/07/30 REV:02 JR-WL-FD02R-1

The LED connectors in the receiver work.

Transmitter has 2 working buttons. Left button is mode change. Right button turns the LED connectors on and off (verified with volt meter).

Transmitter emits a continuous sequence of beeps when you are in 100% mode.

I don't have any other compatible transmitters (e.g. HobbyKing 9X) to test it against.

Seller has replacement batteries for about $12.50 for 5 (that's $2.50 each).

IMPORTANT: The AC plug on the charger has two round pins and will not plug into USA AC wall outlets. I believe it is the Euro style. I happen to have adapters and the charger is rated to accept USA voltage if you have an adapter. Rating is 110-240 VAC 50/60Hz. eBay sellers usually will automatically give you the right kind of AC plug for your country, so it appears that this is the only kind of AC plug that he has. You could easily wire an old extension cord up to it if you know how to mitigate the risks.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,159 Posts
theothercliff... Good to hear.

I have one on it's way from the same seller.

Reassuring that it works fine.

See which charger plug I receive. I had adapters once upon a time.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky