Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
GWS Props...One of the best upgrade for V929

Just received my GWS props from goodluckbuy and tested it just now. Wow....with the new props, this thing is a beast ! Will try to shoot and upload some video when I can get someone to help. Here are my findings...

-No more wobble, very good handling, very stable.
-More punch,more powerful throttle and more agile.
-Orange props....high visibility...can see the quad easily even in the dark with some light. I'm using all 4 orange props and surprisingly the orientation is much more easier than the original black+red props.
-Able to handle and cut through the wind so much better.
-Simply max out the throttle and let the V929 falls and you can recover it easily just right before it hit the ground (zero wobble)
-Flips easily without losing much altitude

Name: Photo0105_001.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 14.7 KB
Description:
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Last edited by Sleep; Nov 26, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:29 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
Just received my GWS props from goodluckbuy and tested it just now. Wow....with the new props, this thing is a beast ! Will try to shoot and upload some video when I can get someone to help. Here are my findings...

-No more wobble, very good handling, very stable.
-More punch,more powerful throttle and more agile.
-Orange props....high visibility...can see the quad easily even in the dark with some light. I'm using all 4 orange props and surprisingly the orientation is much more easier than the original black+red props.
-Able to handle and cut through the wind so much better.
-Simply max out the throttle and let the V929 falls and you can recover it easily just right before it hit the ground (zero wobble)
-Flips easily without losing much altitude

Attachment 5330117

can you post a direct link to these props please?? Don t know if yours are like the ones below!!

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gws-gw-ep...ies/smile.gifl
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
can you post a direct link to these props please?? Don t know if yours are like the ones below!!

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gws-gw-ep...ies/smile.gifl
Yes!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Here's the link....
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gws-gw-ep...r-2-pair-.html
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:18 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,584 Posts
I'm waiting for Banggood to sell these propellers at better prices.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:58 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,284 Posts
Sleep, did you check the balance of those props and try to balance them? Just curious because mine were way out of balance. I have only flown with the GWS props 2 or three times so far. I could not get it to do the WOD, but its still lost altitude with flips, I guess that could be a difference in boards, mine is rev 2 - 06/08/2012. My gws props came from GLB in 12 days. Last 2 orders from Banggood took 26 to 28 days. Current parts order from Banggood still says processing after 6 days. My last parts order from MyRCMart showed up in 8 days, and was less expensive than if I ordered those parts from "free shipping".
Anyway, I hope the wind dies down sometime so I can do some more test flights with the GWS props.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I'm waiting for Banggood to sell these propellers at better prices.
Soon according to Aaron.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,284 Posts
When I added lights and a switch to my V929, I already had zipties on it, and the weight with a paper canopy and without battery went up to 69 grams. I believe the original weight was about 63.3 grams, so that was almost 6 grams more. I kind of liked the zip tie skid mod for cushioned landings, but taking those off reduced the weight by 2.8g. Then I bought some 2mm thick craft foam in different colors and started making canopies out of that. The first foam canopy I made is patterned after my paper canopies and looks fairly decent. It weighs 1.8grams. Stock canopy-3.3g and paper canopy-3.0g. the last foam canopy I made doesn't look as good as the 1.8g one, but it is orange, matches the GWS props, highly visible, and weighs 1.4g. Still provides some protection for the board, plus I got the weight bac down to64.0 grams. I had another orange one I had made, but when I was demonstrating my nite lites and how high the V929 could go to my sister last nite, Her badass heli grabbing tree got ahold of my heli and spit it out on the ground without the canopy.LOL
Last edited by siriusflier; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Sleep, did you check the balance of those props and try to balance them? Just curious because mine were way out of balance. I have only flown with the GWS props 2 or three times so far. I could not get it to do the WOD, but its still lost altitude with flips, I guess that could be a difference in boards, mine is rev 2 - 06/08/2012. My gws props came from GLB in 12 days. Last 2 orders from Banggood took 26 to 28 days. Current parts order from Banggood still says processing after 6 days. My last parts order from MyRCMart showed up in 8 days, and was less expensive than if I ordered those parts from "free shipping".
Anyway, I hope the wind dies down sometime so I can do some more test flights with the GWS props.
Hi S,

I did not balance the props. The props received was newly sealed by GWS and in good condition from what I can see. Also, no 'ghost effect" noticed from the props during flight observation. But i'm not 100% sure since i'm not doing any video recording but just sports flying. I ordered it on 9/11 and received it on 24/11. I also noticed that the props now generating more "downwards thrust" when punching the throttle and sounds much more powerful. It sounds more like the smaller direct drive quad actually (the Bee sound).

edit: It still lose altitude when doing flip, but lesser and easier to recover due to no more wobble. I've already removed all the unnecessary plastic from the frame(motor holder, batttery holder...main frame...etc) and also flying without the canopy all the time for the past few months. The lighter the quad, the less wobble it is and more responsive. Also, the closer the battery keep intact to the core mainframe..less altitude loss is needed to make a flip. It makes a big difference when flying with and without the canopy, as the canopy will caught by the wind especially during high speed and affect the quad. So I'd say get rid of as many of the plastic if you can.
Last edited by Sleep; Nov 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,284 Posts
I got to take out my new bnf v929 yesterdday afternoon and test it out a little. Had to stay in an area about 40ft wide and 20ft tall using the house as a wind break, so not much ff could be done, mostly just did hovering, piroetting, and flips. This 929 has the 8 plug board, Rev 2, 2012/07/30 and stock blades. I could not get hardly any WOD when descending, and when I tried some flips, it did not seem to loose as much altitude as my older 929 with the 4 plug 2012/06/22 board. I have balanced another set of GWS props to put on the newer V929, but am waiting for a fairly calm day to test it more with the stock props first. Anyone with experience in the difference in flying characteristics between the two ESC boards care to comment?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:16 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Setting Expo and Rates in ER9X for the Beetle

Just added this to the other thread for someone that asked, so thought i would add it here as well.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
hi, newbie owner need some advice with my 929
the quad forget the settings everytime i turn it on. i mean, the tx shows the settings like the last time i calibrate the 929, but the miniquad just go right or left or turn, etc... so i spend some minutes with the trims to make it hover centered again... until now in my five flying the miniquad goes 'right' no matter how far i put the trim to the left to 'calibrate', it keeps going right.

hope you can help me ^^
hayk is offline Find More Posts by hayk
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
My V929 is a bit inconsistent each time as well. Make sure you have it set on a level surface when you bind it with the transmitter. You might want to leave it upside down while you bind to it (and turn it over when you actually want to spin the motors).

You also might want to set all your trims to zero before binding each time.

I just do a short spin test to see if ll the props start at the same time. If they don't i just unplug it and start from scratch.

If that doesn't fix the problem you might have a bad motor or a loose wire with some bad soldering or a gear binding somehow.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
I got to take out my new bnf v929 yesterdday afternoon and test it out a little. Had to stay in an area about 40ft wide and 20ft tall using the house as a wind break, so not much ff could be done, mostly just did hovering, piroetting, and flips. This 929 has the 8 plug board, Rev 2, 2012/07/30 and stock blades. I could not get hardly any WOD when descending, and when I tried some flips, it did not seem to loose as much altitude as my older 929 with the 4 plug 2012/06/22 board. I have balanced another set of GWS props to put on the newer V929, but am waiting for a fairly calm day to test it more with the stock props first. Anyone with experience in the difference in flying characteristics between the two ESC boards care to comment?
I like the response of the 4-plug board better, it seems more crisp. The rudder is a lot more sensitive on the 4-plug, allowing much quicker yaws.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:03 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
I put a spare set of gws props on a spare 929 that I have with 8 plug board...
Just to see how it performed (as I have only really flown it with the fpv quad)..
It was quite windy outside, as a storm was brewing. I must say it was pretty impressive...
The response rate, agility and light in the wind was great.. It cut through the wind fairly easily... No wod even though I tried and flew smoothly without loosing altitude...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow