HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Received mine today and i have a problem. The ladybird is always flying left if i only want to try to hover. I cannot fix this with trim buttons ...

Anyone an idea?
BleedingHeart is offline Find More Posts by BleedingHeart
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:08 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Do you have all the trims at their central point before binding your V929?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts


V929 Quadrocopter mit Cam (2 min 52 sec)
nsa666 is offline Find More Posts by nsa666
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,660 Posts
I have had Two V929's for over four months now on stock batteries. Both still work fine but have several new nano-tech 600ma. and put one in my bird. Flight went well and feel just a tad more power, but nothing great. Works fine and check these nano techs out. I bought them for these V929's and my S/P 328. New batteries are longer but made no difference in balance.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have had Two V929's for over four months now on stock batteries. Both still work fine but have several new nano-tech 600ma. and put one in my bird. Flight went well and feel just a tad more power, but nothing great. Works fine and check these nano techs out. I bought them for these V929's and my S/P 328. New batteries are longer but made no difference in balance.
My experiences with the Nano-tech 600's are similar. Also, I've found that the black end caps (protecting the internal battery leads) come off easily, almost as if they were not glued at all.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Canada, AB, Division No. 6
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
I have bought 20 of the 929s and one of the 939 (most recent) but the 939 wants to flip regardless of the sensitivity or if the battery gets below 3.6v... It also doesn't have 10% of the stability of the 929
The 929s have all been very stable and I have sold them to friends (at my cost).
Everyone picks them up easily too
My favorite one to fly is still my 2nd one (I wore the bearings out of the 1st) and it is an 8 connector "JR-WL-FD02R-1". I have taught 8 people how to fly with this one, replaced all of he booms at least once (Just use 3mm square CF tube) and it handles CRAZY wind. It flew fine in ~20km/h wind that it would barely make progress in.
I also tried a 1200mah battery in it, it works but was sluggish and a pain to change the battery out.
AUTO_XX is offline Find More Posts by AUTO_XX
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_XX View Post
I have bought 20 of the 929s and one of the 939 (most recent) but the 939 wants to flip regardless of the sensitivity or if the battery gets below 3.6v... It also doesn't have 10% of the stability of the 929
The 929s have all been very stable and I have sold them to friends (at my cost).
Everyone picks them up easily too
My favorite one to fly is still my 2nd one (I wore the bearings out of the 1st) and it is an 8 connector "JR-WL-FD02R-1". I have taught 8 people how to fly with this one, replaced all of he booms at least once (Just use 3mm square CF tube) and it handles CRAZY wind. It flew fine in ~20km/h wind that it would barely make progress in.
I also tried a 1200mah battery in it, it works but was sluggish and a pain to change the battery out.
The instability of the v939 could be due to inadequate battery. Stock batts are known to be weak right out of the box. I switched to Nano-tech's and it flies much better with those.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:50 AM
Registered User
Canada, AB, Division No. 6
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Very accurate info, thanks.
I have been using the 600mah tiger batteries (I still have ~15 of them) and it doesn't flip as often now but the thing is still squirrely as hell.
The 929s look like they are tied to something...
I just waterproofed my electronics on the big tricopter so I'm not stuck inside anymore
AUTO_XX is offline Find More Posts by AUTO_XX
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Do you have all the trims at their central point before binding your V929?
Yes. I changed the battery and now a new behavior. I only want to fly up with the left stick, but the ladybird is also flying forward, so that he is getting on his head ...

Someone an idea ?
BleedingHeart is offline Find More Posts by BleedingHeart
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:40 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingHeart View Post
Yes. I changed the battery and now a new behavior. I only want to fly up with the left stick, but the ladybird is also flying forward, so that he is getting on his head ...

Someone an idea ?
Welcome to RCG. I read both of your posts, but the descriptions were vague and didn't give us much to go on.

In general, changing a battery should not change the flight characteristics. So, I'm guessing that either your quad is not initialized properly, or there is a mechanical failure. Let's check the easy one first and make sure that it is properly initialized. By that, I mean the on board gyro has to have a good reference. As soon as you connect the battery, you want to quickly set the quad down on a flat surface, so that the gyro could establish what is "level".

If your quad still keep veering to one direction, you may have a bad motor or a bad blade. Check the one in the same direction that the quad veers to.

When you said, "he is getting on his head," did you mean that the quad flipped over? If so, there is a serious problem with 1-2 motors or rotors. Could you share a video of it with us. That would tell us a lot more than words.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
In general, changing a battery should not change the flight characteristics. So, I'm guessing that either your quad is not initialized properly, or there is a mechanical failure. Let's check the easy one first and make sure that it is properly initialized. By that, I mean the on board gyro has to have a good reference. As soon as you connect the battery, you want to quickly set the quad down on a flat surface, so that the gyro could establish what is "level".
Thank you - i found the solution after your hints! I have to connect the battery on the ground and then its properly initialized.

Do you know where i can get a new charger ? The EU stock charger doesnt fit in our sockets here in germany, because its too short. There is only a adapter from US to EU which is long enough to fit, but not when you have the EU charger

As you can see on the image this thing is too short for our sockets, because the pins have to fit in a hole in the socket.
BleedingHeart is offline Find More Posts by BleedingHeart
Last edited by BleedingHeart; Nov 16, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:23 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingHeart View Post
Do you know where i can get a new charger ? The EU stock charger doesnt fit in our sockets here in germany, because its too short. There is only a adapter from US to EU which is long enough to fit, but not when you have the EU charger
Welcome BleedingHeart!
My stock chargers don't fit also - but I never used them anyway.
Do yourself a favour and get a decent third party charger - it will turn out as the best investment in the hobby you ever did. Promised!
To get not too far to off-topic - you can PM me. (In German )
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:11 AM
Registered User
midelic's Avatar
Joined Apr 2012
3,710 Posts
Before you buy new charger go to the closest electrical store and buy an adaptor.It is about 10-20 Euro cents in my country
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Nov 16, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,293 Posts
My one week old quad is already having motor issues, the rear right motor will not spin up unless flick the blade.The connection to the board is solid.Do you guys think the motor is going out.I hope it is not the board.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
My one week old quad is already having motor issues, the rear right motor will not spin up unless flick the blade.The connection to the board is solid.Do you guys think the motor is going out.I hope it is not the board.
So the quad does not lift off at all (without human intervention)? On mine, not all motors spin up evenly when first applying throttle, but eventually does even out by the gyro.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 5144 Today 09:46 AM
New Product WLToys Ladybird Large BRF$30; RTF$39 lao Micro Helis 7 Jun 02, 2012 10:22 PM
ladybird beetle/gws easybug nebuchadnezzar Foamies (Kits) 1 Aug 14, 2004 08:48 AM