HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:39 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
I freaked myself out tonight.....went outside, a little breezy.
Flew the quad all over the place....got it up high, put the mode into 4,
gave it some diagonal push and it flipped/rolled diagonally...wow...
didn't know it would do that...tried all four corners and was impressed.

Dropped it down to mode 2 and flew it home....cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
i stripped mine down 9grams and now the thing is flying like crap and i have know idea why? All i did was remove the langing gear and the cover that hides the wires to the motor. The rudder is the main thing that isnt working.
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:49 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
What do u mean by the rudder is not working?
Also what did u use instead of the landing gear, the reason I ask is to check how stable the quad is when you put in the battery and initialize the gyro...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,584 Posts
Just now I noticed that V929 canopy is 3.4 grams weight.It is enormous in this business.I removed the canopy and the quad is like unleashed dog.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Today 02:49 AM
ArchillesElbow What do u mean by the rudder is not working?
Also what did u use instead of the landing gear, the reason I ask is to check how stable the quad is when you put in the battery and initialize the gyro...
I set it on the ends of the rotor shaft so it will sit flat to initialize the gyro then i picked it up and flew it out of my hand like ive done many times befor but this time its just not stable at all im thinking maybe since the motors are not straped down they might be moving up and down alittle bit but i honestly dont have a clue why its flying like this
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:38 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Just now I noticed that V929 canopy is 3.4 grams weight.It is enormous in this business.I removed the canopy and the quad is like unleashed dog.
And much more silent as well.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,584 Posts
Exactly.With canopy on, it sounds like a broken drum.
Why nobody post here a warning sign about it?It will prevent "suckers" buying new replacement canopy.Something like this.

WARNING!
DON'T BUY V929 ORIGINAL CANOPY! IT IS HEAVY AND LOUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
And much more silent as well.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:26 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,745 Posts
For instability issues, ensure that the booms are inserted firmly and fully into the frame.

I've shared some paper canopies in post #2. That may be a better alternative to the stock canopy.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:49 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
I set it on the ends of the rotor shaft so it will sit flat to initialize the gyro then i picked it up and flew it out of my hand like ive done many times befor but this time its just not stable at all im thinking maybe since the motors are not straped down they might be moving up and down alittle bit but i honestly dont have a clue why its flying like this
Check how much of slop you have in the rotor shaft.. It maybe that the pinion is moving off the main gear whilst in flight.... Or the motor has shifted up... For the later just apply a dab if ca when it is Init's proper place...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
I think its the shafts 2 of them are twisting. When the battery is fully charged ill try it again and ill check the slop and add CA to motors.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
V929 and Nano-Tech

Hey, dumb question maybe but I need to ask. I am getting the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from HK (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20385) for my V929. I know that there are alternate batteries from Turnigy that are recommended for the V939 but you have to change the plugs because they have reversed polarity. Is this the case with the ones for the V929? Or can I just use the Nano-Techs I ordered without modification on a V929?

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:21 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
Hey, dumb question maybe but I need to ask. I am getting the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from HK (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20385) for my V929. I know that there are alternate batteries from Turnigy that are recommended for the V939 but you have to change the plugs because they have reversed polarity. Is this the case with the ones for the V929? Or can I just use the Nano-Techs I ordered without modification on a V929?

Lard4Hire
just got those in today - no need to change anything there, its true "plug and play" ... (you can even see this in the HK picture, if you compare the plug to the stock plug and position it the same way they did ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:40 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
just got those in today - no need to change anything there, its true "plug and play" ... (you can even see this in the HK picture, if you compare the plug to the stock plug and position it the same way they did ...)
Thanks for the info. Now if only my V929 would arrive before not after the batteries!!

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
Thanks for the info. Now if only my V929 would arrive before not after the batteries!!

Lard4Hire
hmmm ... GOOD LUCK!!!
(dont worry too much, my batteries [those exact nanos] took almost 4weeks, so there is hope ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I'm using them on my beat up v929, performance is comparable to stock. I was hoping for more since the Nano-tech for the v939 worked so well.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter