HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Kosem, Aaron, or somebody. I'm curious about the LED lights under the V949. Could you please describe them. Are they just LEDs that goes on/off. Or, could they blink or do rolling cascading lights?
Maybe a small video would be better to show how the led lights perform.
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:35 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Anybody know if I can just buy replacement blocks of that pick-and-throwaway (or whatever it's called) foam insert stuff?
Robo, we were just talking about that tonight when we were flying. You could call HF and order that foam insert. PM Greyhoundfan if you need more info.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:38 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
You really have a + configuration micro quad overlaid on the X config mini quad (or vice-versa depending on your point of view). (Or an octocopter I guess.) So the motor speed changes for pitch and roll wouldn't be the same for the two sets of motors if you just connected them together. Could you do it with two control boards?

I don't see why all the motors/props need to be matched, unless the control S/W is assuming they are. I seem to recall seeing some of the HK "Beer Lift" entrants had varying prop/motor combos on the same machine.

Not sure this helps at all? Good luck.

cheers,
Andrew
It wouldnt be an issue if you could reprogram the board, but we can't. And the only quad board I know that swaps between 'x' and '+' is the mqx. So might work if you used 2 mqx boards for the project.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:28 AM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
A few days ago a lot of guys were discussing what Wikipedia calls "The Magnetic Wood Phenomena".

I have a wall section that frequently attracts heli's more frequently other areas and have attached a photo.

It is one of the reasons I cannot successfully fly my V929 here and this morning it pulled in my Bravo SX.

Something must be done to neutralize this problem.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
Something must be done to neutralize this problem.
Foam pad stappled to the wall?
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Yesterday, while out flying with Heli Pad and GreyHoundFan, I had the v929 going FFF into a banking circuit. During the bank, I rolled the quad. It did it very nice and cleanly, coming out of it minimal lost of altitude and finishing off the lines of the circuit very nicely.

It was a one turn hurricane. LOL

I bet if we didn't have the delay in the flipping, we can do some pretty nice sports flying with this thing. I haven't heard too much or seen talks of sports flying with this thing. You guys are pushing it to the limit right? Let's see some videos.

Also, one more thing. I thought I read that the new v949 board doesn't have the flip delay. Is this true? That would be a great positive change IMHO.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
Aww...how cute (yes, I'm manly enough to say it, lol) Little aliens waving at me in the canopy....ugh. Like the shape, but I give the cheese factor an A+ on that one. I see a blackening over that in its future, lol.

Anyway, you quad guru's. If you would be so kind as to help me figure something out.
This little project of mine....it's gonna end up in failure, isn't it? lol

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the configuration of the props. Notice the picture provided....essentially, it's two quads stacked is how I'm perceiving this thanks to the direction of the props. Only thing is, one (being the little props) are facing diagonal to the second (larger props)

Between the large A & B props, there will be a little (A) prop turning the same direction as the large (A) prop to the left of it and so on. Each prop labeled in the picture is intended to share the same connection with the matching direction. If I solder everything as is, will this cause nothing more than a fighting with in itself to stay stable? Someone please help me make sense of this. I'm sure if I play with it enough, I may get it right, but I rather solder once and be done with it.
If you just want more lift from the small props, then maybe the newer v929 boards can accomplish that. I'm thinking plug (or solder) the small prop motors to where the v929 board normally supplies power to the leds (four extra plugs for that purpose if I'm not mistaken), then assuming power level is more or less compatible, when you want the extra lift just push on that handy button that nominally turns on the leds. Props do have to be in pairs CW-CCW, I believe. Just thinking outloud, don't blame me if you hook it up and fry your board.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined Aug 2012
37 Posts
Itīs time to move!! http://www.rcgroups.com/mini-multirotors-800/
elitehockey is offline Find More Posts by elitehockey
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:08 PM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
I do not have the v939 beside,but I am sure the top right corner button of v929 TX can not work
You better check cos mine works... meaning when pressing right corner button it switch on/off additional lights on V929
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
A foam pad stapled to the wall. Sure, the wife would love than one.

I was thinking of taking the couch seats from the living room and temporarily attaching them to the wall when I flew.

Am also considering setting up magnetic coils, reversing the walls plastic magnetic field and repel the heli's away.

I could learn to fly a little better.

I am leaning towards getting a V939 or a Walkera QL Ladybird with a Devo 10 TX..

When in doubt, throw money at the problem..
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Yesterday, while out flying with Heli Pad and GreyHoundFan, I had the v929 going FFF into a banking circuit. During the bank, I rolled the quad. It did it very nice and cleanly, coming out of it minimal lost of altitude and finishing off the lines of the circuit very nicely.

It was a one turn hurricane. LOL

I bet if we didn't have the delay in the flipping, we can do some pretty nice sports flying with this thing. I haven't heard too much or seen talks of sports flying with this thing. You guys are pushing it to the limit right? Let's see some videos.

Also, one more thing. I thought I read that the new v949 board doesn't have the flip delay. Is this true? That would be a great positive change IMHO.
Ideally it would be great if there was a way to disable the auto flip completely so you can fully manual flip like the mQX or QR Ladybird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
I am leaning towards getting a V939 or a Walkera QL Ladybird with a Devo 10 TX..

When in doubt, throw money at the problem..
Check this one out: http://www.myrcmart.com/hj-toys-v997...ee-p-4854.html
The nice thick booms would help with your magnetic wall
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:57 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
830 Posts
Fly the v949

Fly the v949 with the led lights and new cover!Really cool!!! it's very bright outside
My first time to control this in such a small room,can not hover it well.
WLtoys v949 beetle rc quadcopters indoor flying led lights banggood.mpg (2 min 39 sec)
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Aaron qin; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:07 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Thanks, Aaron. That answers my questions about the lights. Good flying.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:50 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I like to fly without motor covers as well. Saves on weight. The motor stays put well enough for me.

Here's my current v929. Clear PETG canopy I made and painted from underneath. So the super clear PETG looks like a glossy coat over the paint. Very shiny and doesn't scratch off when the ground or walls crashes into your quad.

Related Blog Post:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/09/v929-new-canopy/
403 Forbidden error
What a pity - your site is down
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:55 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
403 Forbidden error
What a pity - your site is down
-mike-
403 is not an issue with the site, it would be your end Mike.

Try reloading the page.

If it still happens, it may be an issue with your Internet Provider blocking the site for some reason.