HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:57 PM
Aaron qin's Avatar
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Aaron, the V939 transmitter does come with a working top right corner button. Someone said it could switch the lights of the V929 (new version) on/off. Can you get the V939 transmitter, bind to the V949 sample, then press the top right corner button? I think it should work too.
I do not have the v939 beside,but I am sure the top right corner button of v929 TX can not work
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
I do not have the v939 beside,but I am sure the top right corner button of v929 TX can not work
On my V939 it works:

- makes autoflip
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:05 AM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
I like to fly without motor covers as well. Saves on weight. The motor stays put well enough for me.

Here's my current v929. Clear PETG canopy I made and painted from underneath. So the super clear PETG looks like a glossy coat over the paint. Very shiny and doesn't scratch off when the ground or walls crashes into your quad.



Related Blog Post:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/09/v929-new-canopy/
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:06 AM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
^^ wow it looks good !
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:42 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I like to fly without motor covers as well. Saves on weight. The motor stays put well enough for me.

Here's my current v929. Clear PETG canopy I made and painted from underneath. So the super clear PETG looks like a glossy coat over the paint. Very shiny and doesn't scratch off when the ground or walls crashes into your quad.



Related Blog Post:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/09/v929-new-canopy/
Voted best looking V929 ever!!! Ordering one now.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
kosem's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Wow! Really looks gorgeous!
Fantastic work Daryoon.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:54 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Nowra
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
Great Job Daryoon.

Don't scratch it lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I like to fly without motor covers as well. Saves on weight. The motor stays put well enough for me.

Here's my current v929. Clear PETG canopy I made and painted from underneath. So the super clear PETG looks like a glossy coat over the paint. Very shiny and doesn't scratch off when the ground or walls crashes into your quad.



Related Blog Post:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/09/v929-new-canopy/
BlindFreddy is offline Find More Posts by BlindFreddy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:23 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk514 View Post
I think I'm going to wait for a lower cost all brushless quad. I think that this is where the industry is headed, but those canopies are very nice, can I get one for my v929? (: What do ya'll think about a brushless motor setup on a slightly bigger quad?
Take a look at the Walkera Hoten X, this quad is a little bigger than the v929 with full brushless setup. Reasonable price too.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:07 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,938 Posts
Real FPV on V929

I found someone with a FPV setup for the V929 (not onboard recording with a keychain video camera).





I translated the equipment list as follows:

1. 5.8GHz 200mW wireless AV signal transmitter
2. AV transmitter battery 3.7V 300mAh
3. JST plug / connector
4. Industrial grade micro color lens
5. 4.3 inch display monitor
6. LM7805 stabilizer & heat sink
7. Battery for the display

More (Simplified Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=674576
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Last edited by FyreSG; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:43 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I found someone with a FPV setup for the V929 (not onboard recording with a keychain video camera).





I translated the equipment list as follows:

1. 5.8GHz 200mW wireless AV signal transmitter
2. AV transmitter battery 3.7V 300mAh
3. JST plug / connector
4. Industrial grade micro color lens
5. 4.3 inch display monitor
6. LM7805 stabilizer & heat sink
7. Battery for the display

More (Simplified Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=674576
Any infos about the total costs of this FPV system ?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:42 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
I could be wrong, but it looks like possibly the following...

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-20mw...pv-system.html

or

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-200m...pv-system.html

So pick 20mW or 200mW transmitters and the receiver is the same. The camera in the video is pretty bad at light levels indoors, it would probably be useless outdoors but we should be able to use any camera with video out. For all of $32 I might order the 200mW transmitter just to start playing with this stuff.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:42 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
I have this info some posts ago already... Have a search... Alternatively my v929/ have FInAlly arrived in country after 3 months.. I will probably get them tomorrow, and set up the fpv equipment and post some pics and videos by Friday
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:45 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I could be wrong, but it looks like possibly the following...

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-20mw...pv-system.html

or

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-200m...pv-system.html

So pick 20mW or 200mW transmitters and the receiver is the same. The camera in the video is pretty bad at light levels indoors, it would probably be useless outdoors but we should be able to use any camera with video out. For all of $32 I might order the 200mW transmitter just to start playing with this stuff.
200mw transmitters go for much cheaper.. Check bevrc and foxtechfpv
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
kosem's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Take a look at the Walkera Hoten X, this quad is a little bigger than the v929 with full brushless setup. Reasonable price too.
Yep. I love mine.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I found someone with a FPV setup for the V929 (not onboard recording with a keychain video camera).





I translated the equipment list as follows:

1. 5.8GHz 200mW wireless AV signal transmitter
2. AV transmitter battery 3.7V 300mAh
3. JST plug / connector
4. Industrial grade micro color lens
5. 4.3 inch display monitor
6. LM7805 stabilizer & heat sink
7. Battery for the display

More (Simplified Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=674576
Is this thing available as assembled anywhere?
mihird is offline Find More Posts by mihird
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 5143 Jul 21, 2013 11:42 AM
New Product WLToys Ladybird Large BRF$30; RTF$39 lao Micro Helis 7 Jun 02, 2012 10:22 PM
ladybird beetle/gws easybug nebuchadnezzar Foamies (Kits) 1 Aug 14, 2004 08:48 AM