HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
186 Posts
Discussion
Two new ARF's to maiden

Last week I got stuck into the Phoenix Models 60-size Sea Fury and the TWM T-34 40-size ARF's.

BOth projects almost completed, although I had a dodgy retract servo in the Sea Fury so have fixed the wheels while I wait for a replacement to arrive.

The Sea Fury has an ASP 61 two-stroke, with a 12x6 prop, and was a fun challenge sorting out the cowl with fuelling point and access to the glow plug, mixture and idle needles. All up probably took me 9 hours, and I was playing it very carefully trying to minimise the inevitable idiot mistakes that I tend to make.

Have started and run a tank full of nitro through the new engine in the backyard, but it hasn't been put in the car for the trip out to the SHMAC field - that will be Saturday.

The T-34 Mentor was a bit easier and definitely lighter. I mounted my most reliable engine (TT 46 Pro) onto it and have done some taxiing at the field but it'll hopefully get airborne on the weekend too.

After only assembling one scale ARF in my vast 2.5 years of flying, to do 2 in a week was pretty cool. The kitchen table was occupied for nights on end after the kids went to bed (too cold to be out in the shed), and each morning everything would go back into the shed before they woke up.

Family away for a week soon, so between the two maidens and the five other nitro's in flying order, plus the stagnant fleet of electrics, there'll be some serious air time.
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts