HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:21 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
SEFF 2013 Project???

Well folks, we kinda came up with an idea. Just want to get anyone/everyone's input.

Im sure many of you remember the SRT/10 and a few of my other projects. Well, its time for me to do a new "something big".

A couple folks and me thought it might be cool to involve all of you. Something to the effect of paypal donations. $1 each (or more if you want). Then and a "cut off date". We see how much we have, and build the biggest, baddest, meanest electric airplane that we can with that amount of money.

There are already a few BIG BIG companies that have offered sponsorship for this one. So, just want to know what you all think? Can we spread the word good enough to collect enough to build something rediculous?

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
Something to better this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-y-yv1r-efg

Can hardly wait
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
I would say.... toooooo easy.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
I've got a spare 750cc motorcyle engine laying around, you are welcome to use that, but it's not a mopar...
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, that would be awesome. Dont tempt me. Besides, shipping would kick our butts!

Laine.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
I would say.... toooooo easy.
I seen that vid awhile back and if that's "toooooo easy" then I'm game for a contribution. Only because I'm pretty sure you're crazy enough to go for it & can make it work. You do know your going to bankrupt Castle at the rate you're going as I'm pretty sure they'll be on board for this.

On a side note, I made(total accident/luck) the HuckFest in Rapid City, SD. last Saturday and got to meet cynjon(here @RCG). He was another soldier me & the wife had the pleasure of sending goodies to in Afghanistan. Uber cool guy. Bad side being my 2001 Chrysler 300M blew up in Gillette, Wyoming on the way home. Could have been worse as there isn't diddly 150 miles on either side of Gillette except heat & wind. Might be some cattle, prairie dogs or antelope but??
Top end went South. Damn mopper products...

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:43 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,093 Posts
Im more than happy to toss in $5. Lots of people have heard about the HUGE things you have built. Having something posted about this one on the front page of RCGroups and I imagine it will be a fairly large project.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:24 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Well, I think I have the project figured out. I have the plane and idea in my head.
I also think I have access to all the materials for a great price, and Im 90% certain that I have the needed sponsorships for the motor(s), ESC(s), servos and batteries. So, this could just be pretty easy to accomplish... other than the work involved.

Laine.