SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Video
UMX Beast 3D on 3s - on-board video

Was messing around with my #16 cam, and decided to shoot some footage from the B3D on 3s. I shot from the pilot's perspective and also rearward. I mounted the cam between the fuse & upper wing for the forward view. There was just enough vertical room for it to fit. For the rearward view, I mounted the cam to the top of the upper wing. I used Velcro, along with a strip of masking tape for backup. I did some aerobatics, including inverted flight, KE flight, a sorta-flat upright spin and even a couple of KE loops. Yes, the plane can still do a KE loop with a 17 gram camera on-board! Unfortunately, the camera battery died early into the rearward shoot, so I only got one rolling power-climb.

I prefer to shoot from the pilot's perspective, but the rolling-shutter artifacts are annoying, at best. I'd love to find a micro cam without the rolling-shutter problem that plagues consumer-grade CMOS sensors!

Eflite UMX Beast 3D on 3s - on-board video (6 min 40 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts