HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:12 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Data
Boeing B747-8I is being modelled in 3D on RCU

Check this beauty out guys!, lovely 3D modelling word....

http://www.mikejamesmedia.com/b747_8_01.html
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan View Post
Check this beauty out guys!, lovely 3D modelling word....

http://www.mikejamesmedia.com/b747_8_01.html
Yes indeed Sam. . . .thanks for the link!

I watched the Lufthansa acceptance ceremony of their 747-8 on youtube. . .great stuff!

Air Hansa 747 Roll-in-event. (3 min 5 sec)

Lufthansa 747-8i Delivery Flight (4 min 3 sec)
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; Jun 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,459 Posts
This is a good one too!

Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 inaugural by Flightglobal (3 min 51 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
I've seen these videos also, what an amazing aircraft it is.... 747 is 747 and nothing could take it's place, don't you say A380 as i will not be a happy camper.....lol
Last edited by Concordefan; Jun 27, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered Idiot
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,824 Posts
A380!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
A380!
BOOOO we already have whales in the ocean! The only queen of the skies is the 747, the A380 will never take that title!
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:29 AM
Rodrigo Navarro
Mexico, NL, Monterrey
Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
Actually, even when the A380 is bigger and has more seats than the 747, the 747 is more efficient (fuel/seat) than the A380. My opinion is that the two are great aircraft but the 747 has more credit because it was build in 1970 with less technology.
ronaca88 is offline Find More Posts by ronaca88
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:16 AM
Registered Idiot
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
BOOOO we already have whales in the ocean! The only queen of the skies is the 747, the A380 will never take that title!
No we Don't they are being hunted to Near Extinction!
Some one tell airbus to pick up the pace....(so my A350 looks right First time....)
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Last edited by Keenan smith; Jun 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: forgot the .... Ahh Psht Forget it...
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,076 Posts
The 747-8, though based on the venerable 747 design, is indeed a whole new aircraft.

The wing is completely new. More modern and efficient than anything else Boeing makes (on line with 787). Mature super critical airflow wing with completely re designed flap system and flight controls. It's fly by wire wing design, though a late comer to fly by wire, is very pilot friendly and is a true aircraft in that the pilot flies the airplane like an airplane vs. imputing "rate" commands like an Airbus. The smart fly by wire technology allows the much larger and heavier 747-8 to fly amazingly like the 747-400 as far as pilots are concerned. The efficiency is indeed amazing. The increased size though does requires very careful operation at airports, as like the A-380, it is now in a new class of size well beyond the traditional 747 and even the 747-400. However, unlike the A380 which is so airport restricted that it can not access most of the worlds airports, the 747-8 is far more flexible and authorized to use considerably more secondary airports than the A380 for alternate and emergency diversion fields. This is a majorly important thing in operation and one area that has hurt the A380 commercially.

The avionics are based on the 787 and surpass anything else beside a 787 in "gee wiz" value and usability. Many safety improvements in terms of flight path planning and control for the pilots have been brought into standard avionics of the 747-8.

The fuselage is a whole lot bigger than the 747-400 with stretch plugs ahead of and behind the wing box.

The engines are a work of art. GEnx "Next Gen" - super quiet, very fuel efficient and a plethora of usable thrust. There is so much power yet they are amazingly efficient on fuel burn and extremely quiet.

The interiors and even the windows are different. The windows are huge. Passengers have not had such big windows since the DC-8, and that's really cool in my book.

With a software update now that actual line experience is building with airlines like Cathay Pacific, Luftansa, etc - the takeoff weights will be raised to right about 1,000,000 pounds.

The 747-8 is truly the "Queen of the Skies" - the apex jetliner borne from the vision of the original 747. It's a beautiful machine with tremendous capability and can be yours for only about 350 Million USD per copy (at time of posting)

Below are some photos of the engines. Pretty cool looking pieces of engineering IMHO.
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eddie P; Jun 27, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
The 747-8, though based on the venerable 747 design, is indeed a whole new aircraft.

The wing is completely new. More modern and efficient than anything else Boeing makes. Mature super critical airflow wing with completely re designed flap system and flight controls. It's fly by wire wing design, though a late comer to fly by wire, is very pilot friendly and is a true aircraft in that the pilot flies the airplane like an airplane vs. imputing "rate" commands like an Airbus. The smart fly by wire technology allows the much larger and heavier 747-8 to fly amazingly like the 747-400 as far as pilots are concerned. The efficiency is indeed amazing. The increased size though does requires very careful operation at airports, as like the A-380, it is now in a new class of size well beyond the traditional 747 and even the 747-400. However, unlike the A380 which is so airport restricted that it can not access most of the worlds airports, the 747-8 is far more flexible and authorized to use considerably more secondary airports than the A380 for alternate and emergency diversion fields. This is a majorly important thing in operation and one area that has hurt the A380 commercially.

The avionics are based on the 787 and surpass anything else beside a 787 in "gee wiz" value and usability. Many safety improvements in terms of flight path planning and control for the pilots have been brought into standard avionics of the 747-8.

The fuselage is a whole lot bigger than the 747-400 with stretch plugs ahead of and behind the wing box.

The engines are a work of art. GE Next gen technology - super quiet, very fuel efficient and a plethora of usable thrust. There is so much power yet they are amazingly efficient on fuel burn and extremely quiet.

The interiors and even the windows are different. The windows are huge. Passengers have not had such big windows since the DC-8, and that's really cool in my book.

With a software update now that actual line experience is building with airlines like Cathay Pacific, Luftansa, etc - the takeoff weights will be raised to right about 1,000,000 pounds.

The 747-8 is truly the "Queen of the Skies" - the apex jetliner borne from the vision of the original 747. It's a beautiful machine with tremendous capability and only about 350 Million USD per copy (at time of posting)
Eddie you hit the jumbo nail on the head Sir! Europeans love Airbus & Love the A380 no matter what anyone says & that's fine! I am impressed with this amazing new european giant, but with the new 747-8 Boeing only made what was perfect even better with the 747-8. . .& with a 15% fuelf efficiency improvment over the 400 series the airlines can only make money with the 747-8!
I recently had a little Boeing Birdy wisper into my ear that if enough 747-8's are sold Boeing will go ahead with a 747-9 with a 10 foot longer fusleage & more powerful & even more fuel efficiant engines.

The a380 & 747-8 & 9 simply compliment each other, the a380 carries more passengers & the 747-8 goes farther on less gas.

I look at it this way the a380 is the ugly sister you befriend in order to meet the way hotter 747-8 sister! Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:19 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post

The wing is completely new. More modern and efficient than anything else Boeing makes. Mature super critical airflow wing with completely re designed flap system and flight controls. It's fly by wire wing design, though a late comer to fly by wire, is very pilot friendly and is a true aircraft in that the pilot flies the airplane like an airplane vs. imputing "rate" commands like an Airbus. The smart fly by wire technology allows the much larger and heavier 747-8 to fly amazingly like the 747-400 as far as pilots are concerned. The efficiency is indeed amazing. The increased size though does requires very careful operation at airports, as like the A-380, it is now in a new class of size well beyond the traditional 747 and even the 747-400. However, unlike the A380 which is so airport restricted that it can not access most of the worlds airports, the 747-8 is far more flexible and authorized to use considerably more secondary airports than the A380 for alternate and emergency diversion fields. This is a majorly important thing in operation and one area that has hurt the A380 commercially.

The engines are a work of art. GE Next gen technology - super quiet, very fuel efficient and a plethora of usable thrust. There is so much power yet they are amazingly efficient on fuel burn and extremely quiet.

The 747-8 is truly the "Queen of the Skies" - the apex jetliner borne from the vision of the original 747. It's a beautiful machine with tremendous capability and only about 350 Million USD per copy (at time of posting)
Perfect explanation! I hope you don't mind if I use this on the next Airbus fanboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
I look at it this way the a380 is the ugly sister you befriend in order to meet the way hotter 747-8 sister! Lol
Haha thats great!!!

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
Perfect explanation! I hope you don't mind if I use this on the next Airbus fanboy!

Haha thats great!!!

Ethan
Lol just don't say that to any French or German builders. . . .. .Opps I already did.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:20 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Wait till "Intercontinental" does what Freighter has already done!, designed to carry 9HK but in reality have carried 1M,10K Lbs!!! during flight certification tests!, now this is B747 unlike any other in it's class.

Boeing 747-8's million pound takeoff (2 min 39 sec)

New Boeing 747-8 undergoes extreme testing (3 min 20 sec)

K, drop Whale crap or u'll get slammed with this one.....lol
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1,672 Posts
B747 nothing else comes close.
NUFF SAID!!!!
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:58 AM
Registered Idiot
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010